It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is NOT normal !!!!!!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
OK I look at the Magnetosphere all the time and you will notice that we are not gettin hit especially hard. HOWEVER the amount of space around the Earth has been compressed massively!!!

NORMAL

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6e7997069d96.png[/atsimg]

NOT NORMAL

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4193bf426089.png[/atsimg]

LINK TO WEBSITE

SHRUNK EVEN MORE

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f9790fef2d11.png[/atsimg]
edit on 11/11/2010 by theregonnakillme because: ADDED A NEW IMAGE

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

Isn't the second image just the first image zoomed in?

Sorry if I am way off the mark.

eta: I see the time stamp is different. Lil drunk here, sorry.
edit on 11-11-2010 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I know nothing about these things, but I find this fascinating. Forgive the ignorance, but what has filled the space?
edit on 11-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
No, the second pic is thicker, like as if inflamed
wth

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Sorry to seem dumb here but what do you mean? What is not normal about this? Sorry i don't understand.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

What does it mean? What is filling the gap?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Whats not normal? So it's more yellow indicating more pressure (I guess) wouldn't red be more..ABNORMAL?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Doesn't this effect fluctuate a lot, normally?

Secondly, what are your qualifications for coming to the conclusions of what is considered "normal" and what is "not normal", when it comes to space weather effects on the Earth's magnetosphere?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I just watched a bunch of there Archived films for different days/months/years and it looks like naturally occurring fluctuations. Though this is not the normal way it looks, nothing to run and hide about.
Then again I have no idea what this means for all of us, for all I know this may improve things here on Earth.
Can someone in this field clarify?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

No these are not the same images - check the dates at the bottom of the picture

I am by far no expert but there is a huge difference in the Magnetosphere in these images.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Very concerning, what with scientists telling us it's shrinking, coupled with the predicted increase in Solar flares

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Fluctuation is normal. Just look at how much it changes every 20 minutes:

Nothing to see here folks, move along...

edit on 11-11-2010 by harrytuttle because: photo

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Appears to me you are in a mood trying to create and omg situation tonight - stop it! Unless of course you have some major situation, with facts - from reliable sources - and more that one sources at that.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

Read my post again.

Thanks for the input, it was appreciated but useless.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Nothing to see here folks, move along...

edit on 11-11-2010 by harrytuttle because: photo

S&F for the shilling

My qualification's are talk show host that watches these fluctuation on a daily basis for a considerable time. Poster is correct NASA has already admitted that the ionasphere has shrunk by a massive amount and they do not know why, then it bounced back and for the last 4 months!!! it has been contracting around the planet for NO known reason. many speculate that this could very well be the cause of all the earthquakes and the substantial increase in volcanic activity.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Maybe this is the cause:

Sun spot quite active..
Solar Monitor

edit on 11-11-2010 by mulehound because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

But the photos are from today only. Short time frame.

Do you know why these pictures look different today opposed to the past four months???

Is this better for us or worse???

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Ok, here's your Normal, and your first NOT Normal one sized to compare. I agree with OP... magnetosphere is not usually thick like this second pic. But wanna know what's even MORE "Not Normal?" Check out the dates on the pics. 10/11/11 ? Unless this website lists the year first, something really bizarre is going on!

NORMAL

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6e7997069d96.png[/atsimg]

NOT NORMAL

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4eff0c3f504d.png[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Ok, forget what I said about the date... the site does list the year first. That said, take a look at the animation. The top right corner fluctuates way more than what I am used to seeing. The Magnetic Lines at the top left (looks like a little 'demon man' to me-lol) ... the lines go nuts! (This I have seen, coinciding with earthquake in Haiti, and other big ones.) As far as the graph at the bottom, I'm also not accustomed to seeing as much on that. Do I completely understand this stuff? Nope. Have I viewed over 30 of them in the last 6 months? Yep. Is there cause for alarm? I have no idea, but the one from Nov 7 posted below is even stranger. To me, at least.

November 11, 1010

Again, I'm no expert on these whatsoever. I got interested in them this past summer, and when we had that first solar filament thingy eject with a solar flare a few months ago, things got weird with the Magnetic Lines animation (lil demon man!) but the Magnetosphere, like the pics the OP posted, would change color some, but very rarely and very little thickness change, in my observation of it.

new topics

top topics

join