It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I was wondering if any experienced ATS'ers have any advice for me about what kinds of things to post/not post, and if there are certain things people expect as far as back up/evidence when posting personal experiences/stories.

Thanks everyone!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Hello there! Welcome to ATS!

My advice is don't post anything by Sorcha Faal, or use it as a source!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Well, I'm not sure what/who that is, but I will definitely look into it and find out, and I thank you for your advice.

Thanks for the welcome!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Please, try not to post any of those ridiculous "predictions".

And also, if you're going to post, make sure that you include at least one link to your source article, whatever it may be.

Don't just post things saying things like "my friend in the military told me" or "my friend who works for the Government says that".

Try and post threads that will prompt meaningful discussions, not banal arguments.

Welcome!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowsecretxx
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Well, I'm not sure what/who that is, but I will definitely look into it and find out, and I thank you for your advice.

Thanks for the welcome!

Just remember these words: A new report circulating in the Kremlin today...

If you can remember those words, you don't even have to bother with the story, it will always be by Sorcha Faal. They always begin that way.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowsecretxx

If a story makes your blood boil or scares the crap out of you, its probably worth posting on ATS. Just remember to always do an ATS search to make sure nobody beat you to the story.

Always post a link to your source and be ready for sombody to come along and attack your views, no matter how mainstream they may be. That's where the fun starts.

Welcome to ATS and have fun.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Welcome Aboard!!!

Here are some good links to help you in your journey here at ATS...

Terms and Conditions

Complaints and How to Contact ATS Staff

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Most of all .... Have Fun

Just a U2U away

Semper

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowsecretxx
I was wondering if any experienced ATS'ers have any advice for me about what kinds of things to post/not post, and if there are certain things people expect as far as back up/evidence when posting personal experiences/stories.

Thanks everyone!

Hey there and welcome to ATS.

My advice would be is to be yourself and don't knowingly make false claims. If you are making a claim or reporting/sharing an experience it is good to have photographs/video to back it up ... obviously this is not always possible and in such cases you should give as accurate a description as humanly possible so that details may become verifiable from other sources (we have some great researchers on ATS that can dig the most unlikely things up).

When it comes to starting a thread of your own make sure you have everything ready before you begin ... never goes down well when a member makes a thread that's only half ready ... if there are photos etc to add then don't start the thread until you have them.

Mainly just be clear ... be honest ... be yourself !

Woody

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Ha ha. Trust me, I have no intentions of making any kind of 'prediction'. All the predictions I have read on here have so far not happened, and it seems that many of the prediction threads that I have read have only started arguments, and have actually only gone around in circles.

Thank you for the advice!
Hope to see you around here sometime!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Thank you for the welcome and advice, and actually, I joined ATS today to post the story that scared the crap out of me!

I didn't know that I needed to make sure that no one has posted a similar story before me so thanks for that advice. I guess I would look pretty silly posting something that someone has already said. I might look like a copy cat! Thanks for that tidbit!

Hope to see you around!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Thank you very much for your advice! I intend on being 100% honest and myself here. In my opinion, there is no point in posting fake information/video/picture. We are all kind of a team here on ATS, here to help and guide each other, so why betray your team? People that lie on here are always easily fouSnd out!

Thank you so much!
See you around!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Thank you! I will keep you in mind if I have any problems on here!

Thanks for everything!

new topics

top topics

join