It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq leaders' deal on power sharing appears to fall apart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Iraq leaders' deal on power sharing appears to fall apart

www.cnn.com

Baghdad, Iraq (CNN) -- After eight months of bickering and political paralysis, Iraqi leaders were thought to have finally reached a power-sharing agreement Thursday for a new government, but that deal appeared to fall apart late in the day as members of the Sunni-backed Iraqiya List walked out of the parliamentary session.

Jalal Talabani, sworn in late Thursday for a second term as president, delegated Shiite Prime Minister Nuril al-Maliki to form a government within 30 days, as mandated by the constitution.

Thursday's session then adjourned until Saturday.

Quarreling that has typi
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Sounds very familar like the story in 2006 when Iraq was going to collapse if they did not follow orders.

www.guardian.co.uk...

"Iraq's precarious government was teetering yesterday as a powerful Shia militia leader threatened to withdraw support after sectarian killings reached a new peak and the country lurched closer to all-out civil war."

Is history repeating itself again brink of collapse seems very suspicious in all of this because if the government collapses then was this war for nothing?

Or is this more fear mongering to people or a direct threat?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

1. The civil war was orchestrated by the US. Bombs planted in markets and detonated and blamed on insurgents, to defame them and to divide and conquer them, at the height of the insurgency, coincidence, duhhh.

2. The only thing US help Iraq is a world record, and do you know what that world record is?

Iraq has set a world record for the longest time to form a new government.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Thanks to US of A, and thanks to Wikileaks for laying all the blame on others
Nice one, and people believe Wikileaks is an actual leak

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
What puzzles me is I want a great America again. I don't care what they do anymore, bring the troops back home and let them kill each other. I have realized they wont stop and I am tired of our government worrying about every freakin one else when OUR OWN PEOPLE HERE need the help now.... Get the Iraq government in control and get out SOMETHING we are waisting away while helping people that do not want help. As i learned from a friend who DID accidently OD did all i could but they wouldn't stop shooting up.... Accidental OD.. I am tired of OUR people in America going without for other peoples wars!

new topics

top topics

join