It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To All Truth Seekers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Dear human/soul/consciousness/light or whatever being you believe you are,

I want to address you with the following, which is not exactly an advice, but more like a proposition to you on your path towards Enlightenment.

Ask yourself and others constantly about everything of interest to you. Don’t think you know just like that. All answers lead to Truth, but without questions there are no answers.

Don’t try to run away from your mind, even if “enlightened” (according to what?) people/beings tell you that this is the only way to find Truth. Neither give up your feelings just because scientists cannot formulate them.
Never stop at one state (or even look for such) which you consider absolute - everything around and in us is in constant movement and when you stop, Universe doesn’t stop to wait for you. So when a solution works in a particular moment or system it doesn’t necessarily mean it works in another. That means that neither science, nor any other belief system can ever be ultimately predictive, so going after the ultimate is nothing more than going after a carrot on a stick.

Different approaches to problems originate from different belief systems and that doesn’t mean they exclude each other – neither the approaches, nor the systems, they are complementary to one another. Separation is a valid characteristic only for our concepts and not for reality – all our concepts do only construct our orientation system (map) for reality and not reality itself! Do not confuse both! Everyone builds their concepts the same way they select their wardrobe – according to what fits them and what are the latest trends – so if you encounter something that doesn’t fit your concepts it doesn’t mean it is wrong. No belief-system or concept of reality cannot substitute reality itself the same way no world map cannot substitute the world – it remains just an interpretation, which serves definite purposes. So as there are different kinds of world maps – physical, political, demographic, etc. – there are also different reality maps. Science for example only describes the mathematical side of things and works till the moment when it gets too complicated. From then on significant reduction and approximation is needed, which means it doesn’t work anymore, no matter how hard we try to fit things in and delude ourselves. Every naturally existing system is alive – it is constantly changing and communicating with other systems. So nowhere in reality is there an isolated constant system. Such can only be a part of our concepts. So what is it that we are looking for – realistic concepts of the world or a suitable world for our concepts?

If your concepts include some mysterious force, which has created us and everything else, does that mean that we are puppets and should turn off our minds to become one with that force? Even if it is so, how could we turn off something that we’ve never turned on? We often call things we turn on and off to do some work “devices” – why we’ve never thought of our mind that way? If anyone continually claims they are a toaster, they will eventually end up in asylum. Yet 99% of freely walking people have never thought of the possibility to be something different from their mind and the constructs it creates, take this for granted and totally identify with it. There are another 0,99%, who admit that they could be something different from their mind (beware, you probably fall into that category), but still let it search for answers to who or what they are and again leave it play the main role. Everyone can try and prove this for themselves, even if they fall into upper categories. The last 0,01% admit that they are not their mind , let it search for answers to who or what they are, but never leave it alone. Which doesn’t mean they kill themselves thinking , they just don’t let the mind reside peacefully on the throne again, disguised as a different concept. Every clear concept comes from the mind, so it shouldn’t be confused with reality. Having considered this, exploit your mind! Use it as it is – a tool, take everything you can from it and don’t just give it up – it’s not just a hindrance to your spiritual growth, neither is it All-That-Is.

One of mind’s best abilities is to question. But how does this help us as long as answers come from the mind again, therefore they do not represent reality? Stop! Rewind! Do not represent reality? Right on the contrary! That’s exactly what they do – mind reflects reality and does not equal it. With this realization your true self goes online and is not idle anymore. Reflect how much you wish, but stay conscious that this is namely what you are doing - leaving Truth to project onto you and the world. No matter how strong or weak are reflections, in their quality they remain the same – just reflections of the Source. And what is it? ( Camera? Working! 3, 2, 1… Action!)

- And what is it? What am I?

In Lak’ech!

P.S. Reconsider everything that is most precious to you – all things, people, beliefs and ideas. They are your “worst enemies”, because their absence or contradiction with reality is what makes you suffer the most. Do they exist because of you, do they owe you something? Do you really need them? Are they really gone or non-existing, when they seem to be absent or contradict with real events?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ElevenFlint

I read your OP shortly after it was created. I enjoyed the read, but I needed to take some time to let it all sink in and register.

Separation is a valid characteristic only for our concepts and not for reality

Are you saying separation is an illusion and unity/oneness is reality?

If our minds create our concepts... our concepts are not reality, but an orientation and reflection of reality... what is reality?

If my mind is creating my concepts of a reflected reality... why are my concepts in accord with other people's concepts? I understand not many people are 100% in absolute accord with others, for they may agree and disagree with an infinite variable of factors... but if concepts are not reality, why do we all feel heat from fire? Why do we all die at old age? I am asking in principle. If thoughts and concepts are not reality, why and how do we ever agree on anything?

"Devices".... on and off.... if the mind is a device, how do we turn it off? What happens when it is turned off? Is this the same as eastern traditions of shedding the ego?

If I am not my mind... if my mind is a device that creates the illusion of concepts that orientate me personally to my concepts of a reflective reality... what else could I be?

Reflections of reality in the mind... not representative of reality.... mere reflections.... once again, what is reality? How do we break away from concepts, devices, and reflections to experience true reality?

I am seeking and searching. If reality is an illusion... if my mind creates my reality, yet "my" reality is not equal to the real reality, if I am not my mind and instead something else... then what? I want to know what reality is, what is consciousness, what is life, what am I?

Peace unto you. I lost my Peace a couple years ago because I can't figure it out. Religion, philosophy, religion, theory, idea, religion, feeling..... I can't find what I seek and no one seems to be able to help my journey. The enlightened tell me to look within, but I just keep running around in circles. I'm frustrated, I'm confused, I'm lost.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hi, mate, and thank you for reading my post! Its purpose is to create a cooperative discussion, which may be useful for everybody in our quest for Truth. So your questions are very welcome.

Originally posted by Sahabi
Are you saying separation is an illusion and unity/oneness is reality?

It is what I am saying to a certain degree, as far as words can describe it.

If our minds create our concepts... our concepts are not reality, but an orientation and reflection of reality... what is reality?

The answer to this question is what I believe is the purpose and ultimate drive of the multitude of lives we live.

If my mind is creating my concepts of a reflected reality... why are my concepts in accord with other people's concepts? I understand not many people are 100% in absolute accord with others, for they may agree and disagree with an infinite variable of factors... but if concepts are not reality, why do we all feel heat from fire? Why do we all die at old age? I am asking in principle. If thoughts and concepts are not reality, why and how do we ever agree on anything?

Many concepts, such as the concepts of physical reality, are much or less shared by the people. But how do you know if your concepts of things that are not material are in accord with other people's concepts? This is a question of semantics, which I think is very rarely being focused on. According to me it is a real wonder that people communicate successfully as far as their concepts or immaterial stuff pretty much differ. What is more, we take for granted concepts, which we are told of by others, without questioning them by ourselves. Concepts of physicality, such as "fire, that burns" are useful as far as we have physical bodies, which are pretty much vulnerable and have a definite duration. But how many concepts we share that have nothing to do with our well-being in the physical reality? This is an important question, which I think everybody, who is on a quest for Truth, should consider. My opinion is that consensus in our everyday lives is in many cases an illusion or a temporary solution serving definite purposes.

"Devices".... on and off.... if the mind is a device, how do we turn it off? What happens when it is turned off? Is this the same as eastern traditions of shedding the ego?

We "turn on" our mind when we start to use it in the proper way, namely as a tool, given to help us in our quest for Truth. I think "shedding" is not accurate, because you cannot just shed the ego. I prefer to call it "understanding the concept of ego". But if you ask if the concept of "shedding the ego" in eastern traditions means to turn off your mind - then yes, I believe that it is what most people do, accepting the common literal concept of it. This I find as improper use of the concept.

If I am not my mind... if my mind is a device that creates the illusion of concepts that orientate me personally to my concepts of a reflective reality... what else could I be?

I say "you are not your mind" in a sense that your mind is not everything that you are. But your mind is you in a sense that it is a valid part of you. But if your mind becomes in some way "invalid", for example through brain damage, you don't stop to exist - this should be a kinda proof that you are not only your mind. "What else could I be" is a great question to contemplate.

Reflections of reality in the mind... not representative of reality.... mere reflections.... once again, what is reality? How do we break away from concepts, devices, and reflections to experience true reality?

"Mere reflections"? Did I said that? If I did I should have wanted to emphasize the relation between a reflection and reality in a way for example your reflection in the mirror relates to you.
We don't have to "break away" from concepts, devices and reflections, but to use them properly. What is "properly"? It is that, which makes them useful for us to realize our "of true reality" nature and thus experience it.

I am seeking and searching. If reality is an illusion... if my mind creates my reality, yet "my" reality is not equal to the real reality, if I am not my mind and instead something else... then what? I want to know what reality is, what is consciousness, what is life, what am I?

If you want - you will. Be thorough in your search and think about how far you could ever go away from Truth. Creating realities different from "'real reality" cannot be "really" harmful to you, because it helps you realize the "real reality". Assuming that there is such a thing as a "real reality" we should also assume that all other realities should originate from it and thus contain it somehow in themselves.

Peace unto you. I lost my Peace a couple years ago because I can't figure it out. Religion, philosophy, religion, theory, idea, religion, feeling..... I can't find what I seek and no one seems to be able to help my journey. The enlightened tell me to look within, but I just keep running around in circles. I'm frustrated, I'm confused, I'm lost.

Peace unto you too, friend. Remember that you contain Truth deep in you so you cannot be really lost. Where is that? Maybe in you heart. Mind and heart should cooperate in the quest for Truth. Feelings come from the heart, but beware not to confuse them with emotions, which are reactions of the mind and could very well be programmed. Don't focus on your frustration and confusion. Try to maintain inner and outer peace in order to use properly the tools that you have.

Thank you for your questions! Any further discussion is welcome. Be well!
edit on 13-11-2010 by ElevenFlint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ElevenFlint

Thank you ElevenFlint. I appreciate taking the time to answer some of my questions.

I came to the personal realization this weekend that I have gained enough spiritual information from vast and differing views. I think I am confused because it is time for me to become an "Observer". Meaning, I need to step back, stop accumulating new info until my mind and heart can digest and make sense of what I have learned. Not to say "stop learning", just that I should now observe and not engage. Engagment is causing me to become too opinionated.

Thank you again, and may Peace be upon you.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

You are very welcome! I am glad to be of help and I hope my words have been encouraging and inspiring in some way. I have felt lost many times and what have saved my sanity in such moments have been the encouraging words of others on the same track.

Some break is always a good thing when felt needed. If you don't feel confident in your true desires - better stay out of situations and just observe. Otherwise you may become a tool for others.

Be well and let your heart be in peace! You questions and share of experience is always welcome.

top topics

join