It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poppy-burning Muslim protesters mar Armistice Day commemorations as millions fall

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by oozyism

I know what it's about Ooz...

Why don't you tell us why what this silence is about?

I would never give my momment of silence to tools of war, I would rather give them to victims of war.

I would rather give them to victims of torture, to victims of rape, to victims of hate.

Don't even act like you know what I'm talking about.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This ticks me off. I am a Muslim living in Canada and I wore my poppy proud. I bought poppies for everyone of my friends who didn't have one. Everyone needs to recognize the soldiers who are fighting for our rights and freedom. I am not talking about the afghan war that is on-going. I am talking about the wars that would have had a significant impact if our troops and allies failed...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

If they won't integrate, there is only one right way to handle the situation. Send them somewhere that they can integrate. Otherwise, they are merely attempting to take over your country without having to resort to violence. Either way, it is a hostile act and should be treated accordingly.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

You are way off the point here. Remeberance Day isn't about celebrating tools of war - have you any idea what the first and second world wars were about? You do understand that unless the allies fought the UK would've been invaded by Germany, Australia and NZ would have been invaded by Japan and dozens of other countries actually were invaded by these countries. Remeberance Day is a mark of respect to those who have fallen - and it includes the millions of civilians who have died in those and subsequent wars as well.

You preach from a place of ignorance, and I don't mean that in an insulting way just that you obviously don't have a clue about what the day is all about. I have no idea of your family background, but were none of your relatives influenced by WW1 or WW2 at least? Most posters on here have grandparents or parents who fought for the freedom of us all back then, please try to respect that.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Sorry mate, that still won't convince me to give my momment of silence to tools of war.

They don't even have any choice of choosing which war to join, whether the wars are justified or not. They are tools, can you deny it? No. That is why you are angry.

You shouldn't be angry at the protesters, or me, you should be angry at your government and your system which has forced kids to fight and kill for someone elses beef or revenge or greed.

Makes me sick.

Never.

Try again.

Your insults won't make me change my mind

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Please read 3finjos post (above) and educate yourself.

Your 'tools of war' comments are extremely ignorant and childish. Do you have any knowledge of history? Did you learn anything in school?

Do you know anything about any other country besides Afghanistan?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 3finjo

Where is the momment of silence for my uncles and grand dad who fought USSR, fighting for your freedom.

Don't even pretend it is about that.

I'm not ignorant.

Even back then, the wars escalated because soldiers were blind, not because soldiers had knowledge and knew what the wars were really about.

Idiots are told the simplistic and desireable explanations for war, hence freedom, defense, protection, or helping the victims of so and so.. blablabla.. That is because they wouldn't join the army if it wasn't for those rhetorics, when they join, they are stuck.

WWII was much more than freedom, it was about the world having too many powers. Similar to today, where China, India and Australia are growing faster than ever. Greed will eventually hit the fan and another WW will occur, and the winner will eventually write the history and the civilians of the winner will believe their soldiers were fighting for freedom

Winners of War Writes History

edit on 11-11-2010 by oozyism because: Typo

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

Well according to this logic, it's OK to call mohammod a pervert during ramadan at a mosque, because of the extremists who kill innocent people ALL OVER THE WORLD.

Yep, It's just a pity we don't have the luxury of posting such things from Islamic countries that have their hands tied by weak kneed idiots who force restrictive laws on their population, allowing us to express our disrespect openly and freely, under the guise of tolerance.

Yay.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

This is not free speech, this is outright HATE against the people who died so that we all have the freedom to express ourselves.

They should be charged with HATE CRIMES or WAR CRIMES and jailed. For a very long time.

Was that supposed to be a joke? I hope it was.. cause I literally fell on the floor laughing..... Irony overdose for today... Please just tell me you were joking so I don't laugh any harder.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

Well according to this logic, it's OK to call mohammod a pervert during ramadan at a mosque, because of the extremists who kill innocent people ALL OVER THE WORLD.

Yep, It's just a pity we don't have the luxury of posting such things from Islamic countries that have their hands tied by weak kneed idiots who force restrictive laws on their population, allowing us to express our disrespect openly and freely, under the guise of tolerance.

Yay.

Give it a try..

Don't talk about..

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I hope there's a religious holy war of some sort, they realize religion is city..and then we shoot for the stars
CHEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I am not arguing as to the intricate politics of WW2, but if your grandfather fought for the USSR against the Nazis then you should have more of a clue about rememberance day. And yes, the day is about remembering them too. The day is not political, it is a time to reflect and remember those who died. Its really not that hard. But, you seem to harbour a fair amount of bitterness about this so as the Buddists say 'its hard to pour tea into a cup that is already full'.

No-one is calling you stupid, but devoid of the facts.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3finjo
reply to post by oozyism

I am not arguing as to the intricate politics of WW2, but if your grandfather fought for the USSR against the Nazis then you should have more of a clue about rememberance day. And yes, the day is about remembering them too. The day is not political, it is a time to reflect and remember those who died. Its really not that hard. But, you seem to harbour a fair amount of bitterness about this so as the Buddists say 'its hard to pour tea into a cup that is already full'.

No-one is calling you stupid, but devoid of the facts.

You don't get it do you.

This day is political.

I will ask you again, where is the moment of silent for my grand dad and my uncles who fought and died fighting agains USSR for your freedom. Including my dad.

If it wasn't political don't you think there would be a moment of silence for those who died fighting the USSR, once again, for your freedom?>

Remember?

It is political.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Not knowing your background bud I can't say, but maybe your country should organise their own rememberance day? Ours did. And, no. Its not political.

Your bitterness at maybe being overlooked is now showing, perhaps thats the real reason for your vehement argument? Sounds like you are and Afghan am I right? If thats so, then I see why you are upset over the current situation. If not, sorry but I am trying to read between the lines of what you are saying and I may have your nationality wrong.

It is possible to disagree with the war there and yet still honour rememberance day. If thats not your culture, fine but it is the culture of the UK and anyone who lives there should pay that respect at least to a country that has given them a home.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 3finjo

Ooz is alluding (though why he won't speak frankly is for him to say) to the old-guard, US backed Mujahadeen fighting the Soviets in the Afghanistan war. What he is failing to do is recognize that Armistice/Remembrance/ Veteran's Day goes back to the First World War and encompassing all that has come after it and it is relevant to Western history. Perhaps that's the fundamental issue...
edit on 11-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
reply to post by andy1033

Andy you are absolutely right about stating your feelings on the net.
I would highly advise young people to be very careful.

You do know there is a arm of internet propagandist known as JIDF - Jewish Internet Defense Force run by Israeli's with support from Israeli government. It is their job to spread fear, paranoia and make a mole out of the hill......these people are used to and only surf internet to do such things. It's not a co-incidence that the fake outrage generated by Israeli Jew to create furore against their arch enemy Muslim so that they can control Europe too just like they have controlled USA is the very premises such threads are created.

Edit: LOL on the butthurt of poppy burning !
edit on 11-11-2010 by Prince Of Darkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I had a feeling he was, thats what I was trying to get out of him.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 3finjo

Yup you read in between the lines correctly.

and

I proved why this is a political.

I also explained why I would never give my moment of silence for tools of war.

Just like I would never give my moment of silence to a nuke. A nuke doesn't have any option to choose its target, just like the soldiers.

If this is a culture you chose to adher, than good on you, I respect that, but I will never join you.

I will voice my disagreement to that culture, just like you voice your disagreements to the culture of women not leaving home, but I will never join.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

I can only imagine your frustration and anger. No, I feel it too matter of fact. I served in the US Marines, and lemme tell you...thank your military, because they are most likely taking out as many of these scum bags as possible before they can migrate elsewhere. One poster made the comment about the wahabbis, long beards, ect. I second that. We have some of those bastards over here in the US, one of them shaved and learned how to use a teleprompter, the race card, and got elected president! England, TAKE YOUR COUNTRY BACK!!! We are on the road to doing that over here... Political Correctness and politicians who think they have to protect you from yourself will ruin this world.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join