It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poppy-burning Muslim protesters mar Armistice Day commemorations as millions fall

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

What did Poland have to do with Britain?

Wasn't Poland part of Germany previously any ways?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

As far as I'm aware, Poland regained independence in 1918...

And what did Poland have to do with Britain?

:shk: :shk:

It's like when you see a guy getting beaten up by 3 other guys.... you can walk past and ignore it and hope they don't turn on you.. or you can intervene and try and sort it out... involve yourself, help people out.

I guess it depends what kind of person you are.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by oozyism

It's like when you see a guy getting beaten up by 3 other guys.... you can walk past and ignore it and hope they don't turn on you.. or you can intervene and try and sort it out... involve yourself, help people out.

bravo, i think that sums up the individual man well, some will chose to fight for others some will chose to preserve themself, perhaps some ancient survival technique so the whole tribe was not wipped out with everyone running into battle. Either way i completely agree
"it depends what kind of person you are."
i would preface that sentence with "In LIFE"

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

oozy you don't want to be spoon fed everything do you?
You are far better than that!

Take the time out to learn about WWII, it's causes, events and aftermath.
It's all out there, open and unbiased, warts and all.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Do we have a 2 minute silence for over a million iraqis killed due to the illegal war?

Do we have a 2 minute silence for thousands of civillians killed by UAV's in Pak/Afghan border?

Do we have a 2 minute silence for the genocide commited against muslims in Bosnia and Chechnya?

Burn Quran and make cartoons of Islamic Prophet is freedom of speech.

Question holocaust in Europe and you will end up in jail.

A handful of extremists burning poppies means 1.5Bil muslims are all terrorists.

If Muslims support Hamas/hezbollah they are terrorists and will remain terrorists until they recognise United States Of Israhell.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doujutsu
Do we have a 2 minute silence for over a million iraqis killed due to the illegal war?

Do we have a 2 minute silence for thousands of civillians killed by UAV's in Pak/Afghan border?

Do we have a 2 minute silence for the genocide commited against muslims in Bosnia and Chechnya?

Burn Quran and make cartoons of Islamic Prophet is freedom of speech.

Question holocaust in Europe and you will end up in jail.

A handful of extremists burning poppies means 1.5Bil muslims are all terrorists.

If Muslims support Hamas/hezbollah they are terrorists and will remain terrorists until they recognise United States Of Israhell.

this is the exact point your missing, those two minutes are silence for the fallen. Either side, whoever you wish to show your respect too.
there is no instruction manual, its to show RESPECT, its not a club theres no list of who is appropriate to pay honour to.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28

this is the exact point your missing, those two minutes are silence for the fallen. Either side, whoever you wish to show your respect too.
there is no instruction manual, its to show RESPECT, its not a club theres no list of who is appropriate to pay honour to.

So if muslims don't want to participate in the 2 minutes silence does that make them a blood thirsty terrorist?
edit on 15-11-2010 by Doujutsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Doujutsu

No, but if they scream for blood during the 2 minutes of silence it makes them blood thirsty terrorists.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

No, but if they scream for blood during the 2 minutes of silence it makes them blood thirsty terrorists.

Freedom of speech?

Or does that only apply to white man burning the Quran or making cartoons of Islamic Prophet?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Yeah i think remembrance day is a mark of respect to anyone who's ever suffered in war.

Maybe it's not specific to any earthly event, but remembrance day is just that. You show me an Afghan remembrance or Iranian or Saudi Arabian remembrance of all the dead.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

And to desecrate that is unholy.

And i'm an atheist.

What does that tell you?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

This discussion had nothing to do with you, and yet you got yourself involved, now you are making yourself look like a foul.

It was between me and another individual who claimed that his grandfather fought for Britain's freedom, I said he didn't, and you just proved my point.

Go waste someone else's time.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Have you actually read this thread?
Do you know what Remembrance Day is and why it is important to the British people?

All of what you have posted maybe important and warrants discussion but has absolutely no relevance to the subject and is just an attempt by PC do-gooders and apologists to hijack a solemn and respectful occassion.
edit on 15/11/10 by Freeborn because: add 'the' and 'm'

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Have you actually read this thread?
Do you know what Remembrance Day is and why it is important to British people?

All of what you have posted naybe important and warrants discussion but has absolutely no relevance to the subject and is just an attempt by PC do-gooders and apologists to hijack a solemn and respectful occassion.

Do you know how sacred the Quran is to 1.5Bil muslims and how important their love is for their Prophet?

Those things are VERY important to muslims but when made a mockery out off is called 'freedom of speech'.

So if those nutters burn the poppies, isn't it their freedom of speech?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

reply to post by oozyism

This discussion had nothing to do with you, and yet you got yourself involved, now you are making yourself look like a foul.

It was between me and another individual who claimed that his grandfather fought for Britain's freedom, I said he didn't, and you just proved my point.

Go waste someone else's time.

oozy, it's one of the best analogy's I've read for a while.

Think about it.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

If i was a muslim drawing a picture of Mohammed would be wrong!

But if im not muslim then theres nothing wrong with drawing a picture
of Mohammed in bed with a 12 year old girl or even one of his camels

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Freedom of speech?

Or does that only apply to white man burning the Quran or making cartoons of Islamic Prophet?

are you kidding me? Geert Wildress google that man.
if the "white man" draws a picture Islam puts him on a hitlist. Its amazing to see a religion that has its basis around eliminating freedoms such as speech use such freedoms to spread their hate.
did you miss the world reaction to one white nut who wanted to burn the quran? explain to me how whites have a free pass?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
This discussion had nothing to do with you, and yet you got yourself involved,

Any discussion on ATS has something to do with me.... I'm a member here and part of the community... If I want to speak or reply or voice my opinion, I will do.

now you are making yourself look like a foul.

Which variety.... chicken or poo?

My Grandfather died in WWII.... and my other Grandfather survived and I actually have all of his medals now.

How did any of my posts so far prove your point..... as far as I'm aware, you have no point.
You're just gobbing off and attacking people and saying that Remembrance day is bollocks and so on.

You're talking s*** mate.

edit on 15/11/10 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

What has burning The Koran got to do with this?

Take the time to read the thread then hopefully you will have a more rounded understanding of this emotive subject and understand why people don't want to repeat themselves.
This has already been discussed.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

In the hood here you see some dude getting beat up its usually for a reason but not much one can do if there is 5 guys with clubs you try to intervene and be a hero but unless your packing or something your just going to get yourself robbed i guesse you NEVER been in this situation its not fun so unless it is a women or child getting ganged on i leave myself out it only takes one good ass whoopin to learn that.. If these guys want to duke it out with their fist let the men duke it out with their fist but let it be fair... Hard to do in this society now days.. It seems as though this history lesson going on is pointing to the fact that protesters were protesting the 2 wars when alot of people that are upset about this poppy burning were protesting the wars also... From a protesters point of view you protest during the biggest BANG for your buck as these guys did... Its called social organizing do it back protest back during a time THEY would find it the most disturbing....

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join