It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poppy-burning Muslim protesters mar Armistice Day commemorations as millions fall

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by oozyism

Criticism and disagreement is one thing; disrespect and dishonour quite another.
Surely you can see that.
And the hypocrisy of those that show the disrespect and dishonour whilst demanding the self same rights is quite staggering.

And to learn from the past one must first understand the past, something you apparently do not.

You can take criticism and disagreement as disrespect and dishonor, most in this thread did.

I disagree that the soldiers in WWI and WWII fought for freedom.

I disagree that they had a choice whether to fight or not.

I disagree that my colleague's grandfather was defending UK.

I disagree that this culture is progressive, or positively productive.

I disagree that I'm a troll and trying to disrespect and dishonor someone else's dead, and relatives.

I agree that many need to grow up and realize that a thread which has two sides, should have two sides, it is embarrassing how one side is trying to silence the other.

I agree that if ATS allowed one side of the story to be discussed, then it would be boring, dull, unproductive and a waste of time.

I agree that I commend oozyism for his efforts in balancing this thread

Thanks oozy, you are the best

Bye guys, and please go back to reality and have a smoke and realize this is just the internet, a discussion forum, where people discuss issues zzzz [oozy shakes head]

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by mr-lizard

Hitler planned to invade Britain

second

I've followed this thread very closely, but I've refrained from saying anything for fear of what I might say when I truly put down what I think.

But this - Ooozy, just about says it all. You really have no idea, do you? I'm just sickened by this whole affair beyond belief. I usually try not to get caught up in popular feeling - but enough is enough.

I hate to give vent to my more base feelings, but it's time to fight back, physically if necessary. I feel dirty and debased having to say this - but ultimately I have to be honest about what my heart is telling me.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Well, with you and those morons on poppy day as our model of understanding islamic attitudes. I for one will cheer at every coalition bomb and bullet let loosed in Afghanistan. I will not give a crap when those terrorist goat herders get turned into shadows by jdam missiles, or when the latest "wedding" gets turned into a mass funeral. I will give a big thumbs up to our boys doing a good job, and not give a crap either about any iraqi civvy being wiped out in that war either. In fact, i will celerbrate these deaths at the same time as ramadan and make sure i take loads of food to work and relish with mmmm sounds in front of my fasting muslim co workers.

After all respect is a two way street.. When you give some you will recieve some. Until then.. Go get em boys

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I disagree that the soldiers in WWI and WWII fought for freedom.

Man...seriously c'mon... Are you kidding here? What WERE they fighting for then?

I disagree that they had a choice whether to fight or not.

Man... again... seriously, brush up on this... wiki.answers.com...

I disagree that my colleague's grandfather was defending UK.

Well he was. Whether you choose to believe or not, he was...

I disagree that this culture is progressive, or positively productive.

In what way? What aspect of the culture?

I disagree that I'm a troll and trying to disrespect and dishonor someone else's dead, and relatives.

Okay... BUT at least admit that we have every right to feel that some of your comments are disrespectful?

I agree that many need to grow up and realize that a thread which has two sides, should have two sides, it is embarrassing how one side is trying to silence the other.

I respect you for having a different opinion, as wrong (in my eyes) as it is.

I agree that if ATS allowed one side of the story to be discussed, then it would be boring, dull, unproductive and a waste of time.

I agree with that. :up

I agree that I commend oozyism for his efforts in balancing this thread

Commend no. But you're entitled to your opinion.

edit on 15-11-2010 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Yes, you're all quite angry, aren't you? I wonder what evidence anybody here has that Muslims of any kind attacked us. Zeitgeist has its flaws, but it spells out a lot of the false evidences provided by the mainstream. There's a lot of mystery surrounding the terrorism of the previous decade that began this whole wartime mentality, and the only ones who seem sure of what happened are the corporate media. The BCC reported not too long ago that Al Queda wasn't even a real organization and the men we see with Osama were hired for the day, told to bring their own weapons, etc. Now if you know anything about the real war going on here, maybe you haven't seen the solders patrolling poppy fields in Afghanistan. I'll spell it out for anybody too blind to get the big picture: There is a shadow government in the West, particularly in the U.S., but the U.K. is a big part of this too. This organization is Eisenhower's military-industrial complex gone far out of control. They're trading weapons for drugs and overthrowing democratic governments in favor of these twisted little dictators who will support the crucifixion of their own nations.

The poppy, to remind you all, is the primary ingredient in Heroin. They're burning poppies because they perceive West is running criminal operations in their land, and they to some extent they're right, but these kinds of demonstrations lose their impact if the public is kept firmly in the dark. Don't take my word for it. This is pretty established secret history. Maybe these people really were just trying to cause trouble, but I doubt it. I'm so sick of this resounding lizard-brained reactions to Muslims. It reminds me too much of what the germans did to their undesirables after pinning the burning of their Reichstag on them. Only this isn't about racial pseudoscience and world domination. It's about creating fear and chaos in our minds. It's about exploiting other people without cause by waging a different sort of war on OUR minds. This is psychological warfare, and the brown people aren't our real enemy. I still don't get why ATS isn't fully aware of this reality, but I know I'm tired of listening to the same old knee-jerk reactions to events like this. We're not lizards anymore. There's room for rational thought, even in this cloud of fear and intolerance. It seems to me that they have every reason to protest this way. Maybe I don't have all the facts, but clearly, neither do most of you.
edit on 15-11-2010 by Syrus Magistus because:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

And you have every right to disagree and debate here on ATS and elsewhere and though I disagree with you on almost everything I would stand up for your right to do so.
What I can't accept is your unwillingness to accept that these people overstepped the mark in acting in such a disrepectul way and their hypocrisy in denying people that respect yet demanding it for themselves.

You then compound the issue by showing amazing ignorance over probably the single biggest and most important event in modern world history.

Not good oozy

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
You have every right to be disgusted by these SOBs. My only hope is that your anger dose not fade.

Run these animals from your country. With luck Germany would do the same. Regardless of a few posts here, the western world would applaud loudly. Might even send a signal to the packs of YOBs running wild in your streets, if not run them out at the same time.

Stay angry,send a message to Parliament that this is your country, and their power is lent to them by you.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by oozyism

And you have every right to disagree and debate here on ATS and elsewhere and though I disagree with you on almost everything I would stand up for your right to do so.
What I can't accept is your unwillingness to accept that these people overstepped the mark in acting in such a disrepectul way and their hypocrisy in denying people that respect yet demanding it for themselves.

You then compound the issue by showing amazing ignorance over probably the single biggest and most important event in modern world history.

Not good oozy

You should know by now, that I don't like hypocrisy, and that this group of people acted hypocritically through this protest.

But this thread being here in ATS, someone has to take their position at hand, to debate for their side.

See, even when someone murders an innocent kid, a lawyer is handed to him/her for defense, do you ever wonder why?

That lawyer represents the other side of the story, which without, the story wouldn't be complete.

I don't agree with the day these individuals chose to protest, but I do know why they have chosen the day, they chose.

Hypocritical, yes. Disrespectful, yes. Illegal no. Solution, don't freakin pay attention to them.

You have to ask yourself what they want, why did they protest in this day? It is obvious that the protest was gonna be controversial, what did they want from this controversy? Yes, you guessed it right, attention. So in order to break their backs, and hold your pride, don't pay them any attention. Without attention they will never do it again.

The media is the problem here.

Think about the small church which set to burn the Quran. What did that church want? Yes, attention. If the media thought that people wouldn't watch it, if we put it on TV, they wouldn't put it on TV.

People need to act smarter, that includes Muslims, instead of threatening people they need to freakin learn how to turn the other cheek.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

oozy you do not have to play Devil's Advocate all the time and you shouldn't try to defend the undefendable just because you feel an allegiance to them because you nominally share the same religion.
By doing so you alienate people and dilute the message when you have something relevant, insightful and genuinely thought provoking.

In a world where not a lot is black and white and the vast majority is a mixture of shades of grey this was wrong, pure and simple.

Who chooses what get's reported and the minute we restrict reporting we sanction censorship.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Freeborn

I whole heartedly agree with this post. Oozy please understand that some people don't need defending.

By all means defend UK muslims who may be persecuted as a result of the actions of these idiots, but to defend the idiots themselves and then insulting the dead is a low blow.

Seems like a lot of the fire has gone from this thread, which is nice as we're all debating and not insulting and upsetting each other.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Ever wonder why muslims empathised with Hitler and were
only too keen to assist the nazis in their endeavours?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

OK cool.

I appreciate the apology and glad we finally resolved the issue.

Take it easy my friend

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

You keep telling us to ignore these acts, yet you ignore FACTS.
you say heade your enemies no attention and they will go away, i say they will recruit more and grow stronger. You think their sole act was to piss "us" (im canadian) off? No it was also to piss off borderline muslims and make the empathetic to their cause.
You cant ignore these people like you do history or basic concepts of how modern society was formed. We cant allow them to continue to search for the right nut jub to pull of the next 77.
on a side not stop belittling my country you think your tone is going unnoticed? Your view towards Canada and Canadians impact on not only past wars but this current war is another example of your naiveatay.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Ya know, it really is about time that religion is banned. Religion is good for nothing but trouble. How much longer are we going to believe in this nonsense anyways. Its 2010 for crying out loud, NOT the Dark ages!!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I can't believe what I've read on the last few pages.

Oozy.... do you even know about World War 2?

Honestly....

It wasn't a battle over land or riches....

It wasn't a dispute between Britain and Germany....

It was a WORLD war.

Look at the participants.

en.wikipedia.org...

I can't believe the absolute lack of knowledge... compassion and understanding on display.

Oozy.... you need to read a history book.... even a German one if you like...

Or watch a comprehensive documentary like "The World At War"

Educate yourself because you sound like a moron.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Maybe you should tell me why Britain and Germany was at war.

By claiming it was a World War is not good enough, and that doesn't justify the argument, that my grandfather was fighting for my freedom "duuuuh".

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

maybe we shouldnt be your grade 5 teacher and you google it yourself for ___sake.
but a real quick crib note version for you essentially Hitler decided that his arian race was the superiour race to that of any currently on the planet. He then chose to start eliminating those who didnt fit the bill and he wanted to take over the world and institute a new age arian if you will.
now if we think really hard have there been any religious groups that feel that they are the only true religion on earth? Does this sound familar? perhaps youve noticed some muslims saying only islam is correct and all others should die.
its not our job to educate you sir our job is to point to similarities occuring now that have occured before, and have a discussion on these issues. If you dont know what happened before try history channel. com and go ask their comment board alll your questions.

www.montrealgazette.com...

edit on 15-11-2010 by Hack28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Here you go... have a read.

en.wikipedia.org...

Something about Poland?

Hmmmm..... dunno....

Maybe you should read a book?

Also this...

By claiming it was a World War is not good enough

"Claiming?"

The clue is in the title...

World War? Penny dropped yet?
edit on 15/11/10 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ra.ra3

No its not time to abandon religion at all! Infact i believe in these troubling times its going to become
even more essential. I think its time to get your bible back out and read it with an open heart as well
as an open mind, you could read the bible for the rest of your life with just an open mind and not
understand a single thing. Truly open your heart my freind.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

reply to post by blupblup

Maybe you should tell me why Britain and Germany was at war.

By claiming it was a World War is not good enough, and that doesn't justify the argument, that my grandfather was fighting for my freedom "duuuuh".

No Oozy it really does. You're dodging the question now man.

YOU tell me why they were fighting. Then i'll happily reply, i promise.

On a sidenote, I apologise for insulting you many pages back, for which I got warned. My bad, your comments inflamed me after i'd had a rather bad day. But nonetheless, i'm back, on good form, in good spirits and I wish you peace. But PLEASE (see i'm being polite now) SEE IT that your previous comments are considered hurtful, whether you intended them or not.

Nobody is insulting you here, but people are wary. Let's be honest Oozy, you've given me a good vent, a reason to debate and you've not backed down. I respect you for that, BUT i still find your comments hurtful.

Now in the spirit of peace, let's not insult each others intelligence anymore, let's back away from antagonising each other and let's debate.

1st question (YOUR QUESTION) - Oozy, What in your opinion do you believe WW2 was all about?

Also, Have people the right to respect everyone who fell during such wars? After all they may be an enemy to you, or an ally or even neutral, but they all have Mothers, sisters, sons, daughter etc.

Please (and i'm asking you, not telling you) stop referring to these people as 'tools of war', that's insulting. They are humans. Like you, me, and every other bugger who has been caught up in whatever reality was chosen by someone.

Peace?

Thanks for the debate.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join