It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poppy-burning Muslim protesters mar Armistice Day commemorations as millions fall

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

only thing i can think to add to this series of questions you presented is:

is the country you live in (ANY country) greedy?
if you answer no, you're in lalaland. if you answer yes with provisos, you know you're in lalaland and pretending you're not in lalaland. kettle pot, black. kettle pot, black. blah. all this posturing and pretending the only greedy, violent nations on earth are westernized, is absolutely ludicrous and i do mean, ludicrous. and pretending your people (whoever they may be) are not prejudice against people, often unfairly, is also ludicrous.

this little diatribe, brought to you by the word "Ludicrous" and the letters, ATS.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
reply to post by Prince Of Darkness

What are the chances of a banker or office worker getting his limbs blown off? These guys are no different to soldiers in some respect, if I bring it down to your level. They live of the profits of other people for their own gain. At least he is taking his expertise to that foreign country and actually trying to save lives. Would you put your life on the line in that way, or are you too busy tapping aimlessly away on you PC trying to feel good about yourself? He got off his arse in order to save lives, why don't you try it and then come back and preach?

I don't particularly see your fingers getting tired - no offense. Also, why should those of our opinion about these wars (war in general) have to be in the war in order to know that war is not good? I know your comments were directed toward another, but I have to ask why it always is - at least hear in the US - that although we supposedly have this great freedom of speech, the only time that freedom is every appropriately exercised is when it is in lockstep with the national Zeitgeist. I mean, seriously, "they went there to protect your freedom of speech" argument was valid in my nation perhaps only in our Revolutionary War. WWII was not about freedom of speech, there was no communist uber-threat that was lurking just across the sea. There was never anyone threatening to take my freedom of speech away until I use it - then tarnishing me (or another) for my views because...because my views are anti-troop for being anti-war...because perhaps these wars are illegal, but just because we're mostly white and English-speaking, all of a sudden they're appropriate. So, wars are only illegal when they threaten a white person, English-speaker, or some company's bottom line?

Not really sure I get this planet anymore.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
WHERE ARE THE MODERTE NORMAL THINKING MUSLIMS in England?
These people riot and when arrested shout "RACISM".
They throw the stone and then hide the hand that throws it.

Well, less than 2 weeks ago, 2 Catholic priests and dozens of parishioners were slaughtered in "democratic" Iraq.
Not too much being said about it.
If we killed two Muslim Clerics in "democratic" USA... oh, boy.

This is the insidious nature of what the majority of Muslims feel. It is what is termed as "CULTURAL" Jihad.

The quest for world dominion will be waged through these kinds of means, not the "taliban" kind of violent jihad.

They are making huge inroads in the west. The advice from the pros watching this with alarm?

WAKE UP AMERICA.

Or everyone will wake up one day and wonder what the heck happened... and then also remember that they supported these "oh, so peaceful, moderate Muslims" who protest in NYC, Washington, etc... stating the flag of Islam will fly over The White House, Sharia Law will be the law of the land (not a religious non-legal court, such as what some orthodox Jews and Catholics use) but REAL , congressionally backed law.

They hide behind CAIR, and other "moderate" organizations- Islamic Thinkers Society, Islamic Society of North America, Muslim Students Association, The Saved Sect, Commitee for Palestine and many others...

... and many have people who have been convicted of terror charges.

There are a short list of truly peaceful Muslims who have spoken out about this in the United States and tried to expose it.
Dr. Zuhdi Jasser is one of the few.
His site- look at it.
www.aifdemocracy.org...

Here is a clip from the movie he himself made.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Cause? He is doing what I think all people should do, serving others. He is trying to protect those that cannot protect themselves. These devices not only mangle soldiers, they are indiscriminate in their destruction. Have you ever seen a 3 year old toddler without legs, arms, half a face? Not photos, but up close, so you can fully experience the pain and agony? I guess not. After recounting my past, both my boys decided that they wanted to help put and end to this.

His cause is simple. To help prevent babies, women, children and other helpless people getting converted into minced meat. If you do not think that is a noble cause, you may as well have planted the bomb yourself.
edit on 12/11/2010 by TheLoneArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by oozyism

only thing i can think to add to this series of questions you presented is:

is the country you live in (ANY country) greedy?
if you answer no, you're in lalaland. if you answer yes with provisos, you know you're in lalaland and pretending you're not in lalaland. kettle pot, black. kettle pot, black. blah. all this posturing and pretending the only greedy, violent nations on earth are westernized, is absolutely ludicrous and i do mean, ludicrous. and pretending your people (whoever they may be) are not prejudice against people, often unfairly, is also ludicrous.

this little diatribe, brought to you by the word "Ludicrous" and the letters, ATS.

Wouldn't die for other people's greed.

I rather fight my own fight, if someone wants to come invade New Zealand, let them come, you'll definately see me with my bibi gun running around trying to shoot the invaders in the eye, because it won't be fatal anywhere else.

I don't have a real gun by the way, only had one in Afghanistan.

Anyways, yes I know everyone is greedy, but would I die for your greed, or would I kill for your greed.

Don't even go there girl, [oozy shakes head from left to right to left like those African American girls]

link   
Show some respect oozyism, people died at ww1/2 millions. No matter what respect has to be shown, people where drafted to war and had no choice. As a muslim, I am ashamed to see that these idiots interfered as I have people that I now know fought in WW1 and 2.

I think your just trolling pure and simple, no different then the thread starter. As some one said before ATS is now just full of paranoid posts and trollers. Im sick of this no more intelligent discussion left!

edit on 12-11-2010 by q_ball because: (no reason given)

link   

We as human beings should be responsable for the actions of those arounds us - EVIL TRIUMPHS WHEN GOOD MEN DO NOTHING.
The thing is that today evryone looks away, turns the other cheek and doesnt want to know or intervene.

Its not about making one individual responsable, its about collective responsibility..

Ask any German who turned a blind eye to Hitlers holiday camps.

Maybe if enough people had been responsable for his neighbours actions back in the 30's maybe we wouldnt have had the holocaust..

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Fathers and mothers are usually in denial. But if the father has been in the army also, that is not denial, that is true convection to the [no cause]

Helping the invading + occupyin force and saving lives.

But

Whose lives is he saving/

+

Who is gonna save the little kids from the bombardment of the invading force?

+

Would that also be regarded as saving lives, if you destroy US jets, and drones?

By the way, I have seen dead bodies, I was there in Afghanistan when Taliban was still around.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Problem is people are too paranoid to be understanding and driven by hate and rascism.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

I already said I respect all soldiers, because all of them have no choice, even the ones who commit torture, who is to say their upper ranks didn't order them to commit torture.

I also respect the Nazi soldiers, they were also soldiers, they also had no choice.

I for one am not hypocritical.

I respect all soldiers, who sold their souls and signed a contract that makes them do this.

I respect for their bravery, what bravery?

The bravery of selling their soul knowingly, knowing what the consequeces are.

link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher

At least he is taking his expertise to that foreign country and actually trying to save lives.

So he is in Afghanistan trying to save Afghan lives, then why the heck are you asking us to thank you? Why don't you ask the Afghanis to thank you afterall you are saving their lives (in you're words). This is like working with Fox News and asking MSNBC to pay you're salary lol.

Would you put your life on the line in that way,

In what way? If you mean going to a forign country thousands of miles away which pose no threat to us to attack them then NO. Yes I will put my life on line if I find someone beating a homeless man or woman if I see.

or are you too busy tapping aimlessly away on you PC trying to feel good about yourself?

You are correct I am busy doing things that matters..such as enjoying my life, feeling good about myself instead of invading someone's home and trying to dictate my terms on them for meaningless reason and profit for corporate honchos.

link   
reply to post by oozyism

Whether he is a member of an occupying for ce or a private contractor, he is still trying to disarm weapons rather than deploying them. Is a doctor a bad person if he wears a uniform. Are you a bad person if you take a contrary approach to someone. The world is unfair. There will always to violence whislt human exist. All I am saying is that he is trying to save lives, regardless of what colour his uniform is. That has got to be a good thing.

link   
reply to post by oozyism

Loads of Muslims died fighting in WW2 and WW1 for the Allied Cause side by side with their Christian (etc) comrades.

Think about it....................

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Thank about it? I think about it every day. I have served alongside people of different nations and religions on many occasions. What is your point?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth

Originally posted by andy1972
WHERE ARE THE MODERTE NORMAL THINKING MUSLIMS in England?
These people riot and when arrested shout "RACISM".
They throw the stone and then hide the hand that throws it.

Well, less than 2 weeks ago, 2 Catholic priests and dozens of parishioners were slaughtered in "democratic" Iraq.
Not too much being said about it.
If we killed two Muslim Clerics in "democratic" USA... oh, boy.

This is the insidious nature of what the majority of Muslims feel. It is what is termed as "CULTURAL" Jihad.

The quest for world dominion will be waged through these kinds of means, not the "taliban" kind of violent jihad.

They are making huge inroads in the west. The advice from the pros watching this with alarm?

WAKE UP AMERICA.

Why is it always a race to the bottom? Your mentality is the same type of concept as I refer to in my above post about freedom of speech only being ok when it's pretty, neat and doesn't offend anyone or tread on the national policies - their righteousness notwithstanding.

By the way, how many mosque-goers do you think we've killed in our two little illegal wars? Of course the muslim clerics (as well as catholics) are safe in the US - for starters, they came to the US voluntarily (if they aren't native born citizens), so why would you expect it here? Also, why would expect war-like behavior in peace-time US? It's a false equivalency...

As if anyone here advocating harsher tactics against Muslim "terrorists" even cares to know about religious minorities or how they have been affected negatively throughout the colonial period in North Africa, the Middle East and South Asia. We all get our panties in a bunch when Christians or Jews are negatively affected in Muslim countries, yet did anyone ever stop to ask how as recently as a few decades ago how it was for religious minorities, such as the Jews in Europe and Russia...

Maybe we can cry for the poor Kurds...I'm sure they've forgotten about the US giving Sadam biological weapons to use on them back in the 80s or how Clinton and NAFTA gave Turkey weapons to kill them in the 90s.

How about we all stop cherry-picking our "Ah, poor [insert such-and-such oppressed minority here]" and start looking at ourselves in the mirror. Sometimes you need to be shown what you are, and sometimes it ain't pretty.

link   
reply to post by oozyism

did i ask you to fight for my greed?

guess i'm gonna have to hunt down a video for you too.

there ya go, oozy.

celebrate love. hate sucks. and i can tell the difference.

link   

Then I hope for your sake, your comfy little world is not shattered by conflict. Although the Afgan conflict may not be a legal occupation, personal politics, it is a fact. Another fact is that he is there disabling weapons, not deploying them. Tell me one thing please. If a bomb was planted in your building and you could not get out, would you want the bomb disposal team to pay you a visit?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Maybe if enough people had been responsable for his neighbours actions back in the 30's maybe we wouldnt have had the holocaust..

True..

Graeme Murray
Share 0 comments 8 Nov 2010

A group of Celtic fans has angered ex-servicemen in the run-up to Remembrance Sunday after they unfurled a giant banner that claimed the poppy was “bloodstained” by military activity in Ireland, Iraq and Afghanistan.
www.heraldscotland.com... ed=false

You gonna run off and invade Scotland now?

Unlike the eighty protestors who decided to spend yesterday morning shouting at each other (and getting arrested), I spent a few minutes in recollection of my Grandad who was a soldier on board the Lancastria:

en.wikipedia.org...

Hate to say it, but war does suck.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball

Problem is people are too paranoid to be understanding and driven by hate and rascism.

The problem i have First off Muslim isn't a race its a religion/ ethnic, and lately i have seen radicals using the lies justifying there actions claiming they were attacked by racists.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

I feel as though you missed the entire point of my post in focusing on the Catholic priest aspect.

Every time there are killings in Iraq, Pakistan, or Afghanistan of civilians, is it not largely reported?

However, nobody has really reported much on this. That was my point, and the fact that Iraq is supposedly a "democratic" area now.

This is what I mean when I say the "quest" for world domination will be won by politics and brother against brother, pointing the finger and shouting "un-PC!"...
not by violent Jihad.

People are clueless to it, and it is called cultural jihad. Our own rights and freedoms in the US are being used against us.
Thanks for responding

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join