It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Won't Fly, National Opt Out Day, Nov 24

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I don't want the full body scanners, but I think degrading the screening agent is a bad idea.

What you could do, instead, is very loudly, explain how degrading and humilating this makes you feel. If you start targeting the scanners, you will just seem like a jerk. I would think most, you feel worse if they felt like you were REALLY harmed. Most frequent flyers are men, but I would encourage all women to express how they pat down makes them feel. This wouldn't require any faking.

They don't have the manpower to pat down everyone - and that's probably not their goal. They want the people to use the machines. Much faster and less costly than pat downs.

They need to get the frequent flyers to stop going through the scanners. Something like 10% of the flyers, fly over 80% of the flights.

Make sure the process takes TIME for the TSA -ask questions, ask for a supervisor, seem upset.

edit on November 16th 2010 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I think we can call this project a success from the measure that I feel is important. A 19% overall reduction in air travel for the day. The scanners turned off at many airports and the pat downs scaled back.

See this thread if you have not already for details of this: Twitter buzzing with claims TSA has deactivated body scanners

I think the continuing strategy now needs to be devised. I gave this some thought and here is my 2 cents for those who are interested in this subject. I know that AJ uses this tactic in his infowar. My thought is to use this google search term: "Opt Out" "We Wont Fly" and everyone involved should set this link everywhere. Get people clicking the link at least once if not more times per day. This will put it up on the top of the google trends. If we can keep it there with this simple tactic we will keep this in the public eye. People will continue to think about this and more people will join this silent but effective protest.

It is a step. More will need to be taken to be sure but every journey starts with but a single step.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticguitar

Better for folks to lose their jobs than to lose their country and basic freedoms..don't ya think?

If i had a choice between keeping a job or losing my rights and freedoms bit by bit, it's not a tough choice.

I agree with the OP.

The ONLY language these swine understand is the language of money.

The people hold all the power they could ever need and always have done, right there in their own pockets and bank accounts.

Take away what they value above all else, and prepare to be amazed at the speed of the U-turns that will happen as soon as physically possible.

Don't fly - scanners will go bye bye.

(Ok, not the best slogan i admit)

edit on 25/11/2010 by spikey because: typos

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticguitar

Then let it crumble..What people don't understand this is a service to the public and without us there is no company we pay them for a service,one that should include treating us with decency.respect,civility,integrity,propriety,and above all dignity and none of us should take anything less.Lets not forget the harm these scanners can do to you,I say take them down even if it means shutting them down!!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join