It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Won't Fly, National Opt Out Day, Nov 24

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Please join in the national opt out day on Nov 24th. Opt out of the naked body scanners. Better yet just quit flying if you can until these intrusive and often brutal measures are taken out of the screening process.

Visit WeWontFly.com for more details on this effort to reverse these draconian humiliating measures.

The Plan is Simple
1. If you absolutely, positively must fly, opt out of the scanners. Do it to protect your health and privacy.
2. If you can avoid flying, don’t fly. Hit the airlines in the pocketbook until the scanners and gropers are gone. Make the airlines work for us.
3. Raise holy hell. Register your disapproval of the scanners and gropers to your airline, your hotel and all government officials who claim to work for you. Educate your community.

edit on 11-11-2010 by wayouttheredude because: added link

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I understand your argument and reasoning behind this, but essentially all opting out of flying is doing is further hurting an industry that is crumbling anyways. Its just another sector in our economy for more jobs to be lost. I don't agree with the screening process either, don't get me wrong. There just isn't a whole lot you can do about it. If people stop flying because of it thousands will be out of jobs.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticguitar

You just don't get how protesting works I guess. If we remain silent and meek we will continue to be treated in this inhumane and humiliating manner. The airlines will pressure the government to change their procedures if they want to survive as an industry.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

In the process there would be a several month downturn in airway business resulting in thousands of jobs being lost before policies were changed. That is pretty much a standing fact. I'm not saying you are wrong about the policies needing to be changed, but it's a lose, lose.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I have been flying my entire adult life for many decades. I have never been so humiliated and angry about flying in all this time. We were supposed to have defeated Fascism/Corporatism in WW2. Instead we just imported it to the United States and rebranded it. It is not going to stop until we make it stop. We can not seem to vote these people out of office but we can vote with our dollars.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Here is the video from youtube from wewontfly.com.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

In a sense you are certainly correct. Our votes do not count for jack. Money and resources are all that matter in the end. We are just numbers to them and when we start complaining they just start doing a little subtracting. It'll take a lot to change things though. The government will always try to blame "terrorism" for the processing you have to go through. If you plan on waging a war on this, plan on it being a long fight.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I want my freedoms, my liberty, and human rights back and I am willing to fight for them as long and as hard as is necessary to achieve that goal. I am not alone either. There is estimated to be at least 3% of the US population that feel the same way and will act to change things and not just sit on their collective butts and do nothing like the other 97% is likely to.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

If this crumbling industry would start representing its customers and standing up to the state, I suspect it's business prospects would improve.

EDIT btw I'm one of the guys who started the campaign and the guy in the video. Thanks for talking about this important issue.
edit on 11-11-2010 by georgedonnelly because: info about who i am

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by georgedonnelly

I agree with that definitely.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysticguitar
I understand your argument and reasoning behind this, but essentially all opting out of flying is doing is further hurting an industry that is crumbling anyways. Its just another sector in our economy for more jobs to be lost. I don't agree with the screening process either, don't get me wrong. There just isn't a whole lot you can do about it. If people stop flying because of it thousands will be out of jobs.

There is plenty we can do about it. Refuse to fly until they stop this nonsense. Hit the airline industry where it hurts. Too damn bad if the the airlines lose money. Maybe then they will force the TSA to scale back their intrusive body scans.

Protesting sometimes involves sacrifice to make a point. Don't go on that vacation, stay home to make a statement. I will not fly until you stop this.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

My point was going beyond the company losing money. My major thing is you are putting hard working people out of work. These people have families and bills to pay just like all of us do. When you rattle things at the top, the lower employees are the first to feel the blow.

CX

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I don't think i'd let my kids go through one.....i saw my girlfriend go through cancer, radiotherapy and chemotherapy and i wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Radiation dose actually 20 times higher than Official estimate

The concentration on the skin -- one of the most radiation-sensitive organs of the human body -- means the radiation dose is actually 20 times higher than the official estimate according to David Brenner, head of Columbia University's Center for Radiological Research.

Dr. Brenner, who was consulted to write guidelines for the security scanners in 2002, claims he would not have signed the report had he known the devices would be so widely used. He said a type of skin cancer called basal cell carcinoma, which occurs mainly on the head and neck and is usually curable, is the most likely risk from the airport scanners.

Full article: Radiation from airport scanners may increase cancer risk

If ever there was a depopulation plan in place as some would like to think, what could be easier than to get millions of people a year to willingly walk through a machine that could give you cancer?

Not for me thank you.

CX.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
George. Thanks for coming into the thread. I guess you saw my invite? Anyway keep up the good work. Rights are like muscles if we do not exercise them we lose the use of them.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Starred my friend I'm lucky in that I don't HAVE to fly. I haven't flown in years My own silent protest of the tin badge wearing overly authoritative mall cops called "the TSA ( Thousands Standing Around)".

edit on 11-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The growing controversy over the sexual molestation and x-rated body scanners is making news. It is kind of like a brush fire of freedom in my opinion. People are offended enough that this might be a short lived technology and screening process.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Another prong on this attack should be verbally embarrassing the TSA employee conducting the "enhanced" pat-down.

What are the things we can say loudly, that are legal? I don't want to say hateful things, but I do want to say things loud enough that create a negative psychological emotional impact on the TSA screener who is aggressively touching my private parts.

Any suggestions?

Remember, we don't want to anger the screener, we want to embarrass them. We want to condition THEM to not to want to do what they are doing and/or quit their jobs over time.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Oh, yeah, I follow ya. What I'm saying though, is if you must get on the plane, then you will have to consent to the pat down search. In those cases, I still think we should all start saying something to the TSA screener conducting the pat down which will:

• Publicly embarrass the screener
  • Create a negative emotional impact on the screener
  • Demoralize the screener

In short, if they want to give us an indignity, let's bounce it right back at them.

For the rest of the people who don't have to get on that particular flight, then BY ALL MEANS, refuse the pat down too.

edit on 11-11-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This is also something you want to have handy. Perhaps a print out of it in plain view when you go through the "Enhanced Pat Down.

The ACLU is interested in obtaining information about the conduct of these searches. If you are denied the right to opt out of the body scanner machines or believe you have suffered from rough, rude, and humiliating manhandling and groping of breasts and crotch areas, sexual comments, and a lack of privacy, please contact us by using the complaint form linked below.

REPORT YOUR EXPERIENCE
File a complaint with the ACLU

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join