It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beauty Will Save the World

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

It was good to see. It made me think that the next generation won't be hopeless.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
It’s a little more complex than simply being prodded with needles. According to ancient Chinese philosophy, the body has specific acupuncture points that are all interconnected by paths called meridians, and the energy—or Qi, pronounced “chee”—flows through these pathways. It’s believed that the channels of energy are obstructed when we are suffering from illnesses such as sinusitis, headaches, joint pain, and nausea. By carefully placing the needle in a specific acupuncture point, symptoms are said to be reduced or even disappear completely, which is what makes it such effective anti-aging advice.

Anti-Aging

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Basically a walking talking bimbo with knockers and an apple bottom. Sounds about right!

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Everyone knows that the most beautiful thing that you've ever seen in your life is when someone that is beautiful gives up everything for someone else.

And beauty has everything to do with spirit, character, and understanding.

It just so happens that usually the people that possess that level of spirit, character, and understanding, are people that also appear beautiful to us. Not all the time, no. For that same level of beauty, if not a little bit more, is found in a few of those that appear as extremely unattractive to us, at first.

Most every adult has been around long enough to not be so easily persuaded by a beautiful body or smile. That would be an example of an extremely naive and weak mind. I don't think most adults these days are that silly.

Especially because most adults these days have had their way with as many partners as they please. So physical beauty simply becomes a side-note, a standard.

So therefore, we know that most people will respond to the beauty of the spirit. Only those who have not had much access to the beauty that physically surrounds them might be easily persuaded by their perception.

Beauty does save the world.

Love is beautiful, and the world is saved by love.

Love is beautiful and everyone can agree. True love is something that you can either love or hate. Either way, the world is saved.

For those that love the true love will begin to desire to be that beautiful. And those that hate true love will begin to manifest themselves as ugly as they are (though we might seem them as beautiful for a time, eventually, they are found out). So either way, beauty is a means of separating the wheat from the chaff.

Beauty most certainly has its place.

Physical beauty not to be discounted, and has its place, but not to be counted as necessity at any rate.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Ok... nice thread. Read some interesting replies here and I don't want to distract from that with my observation so I will put it out there first. There's some great points in here.

...BUT.... This thing about finding beauty in prostitution....people..!

Look, I'm not trying to say I'm above making mistakes, because I have done my share of dating around and giving a chance to people who didn't deserve it and hopping in the sack with them... but at the time, I thought they truly deserved a chance... only to find that they were just trying to get a foot in the door and had no real concept of concern for another and respect for another. It was often just their lust that professed false emotions and they couldn't even use the good sense to treat me with comradere but rather went crazy with insecurities and fears that caused them to see me more as a challenge they felt they really couldn't live up to so they pitched their fits when they felt behind in their game... but that's not my problem, it's theirs.

Giving people chances freely will show you their true colors quick because they drop their their pretenses a lot of times when I drop my own... and at first liking them and thinking they deserve a chance, I don't really play games and make people jump through hoops and spend a bunch of money on me first, or judge them by job and car criteria and all that stuff. I try to look at the person.... and when you make a person feel at ease and they can be who they are, they REALLY start acting like who they are... and a lot of times, they just happen to be a piece of crap.

That leaves me with the nauseated feeling concerning making those mistake, but I make no haste in getting rid of them after I see who they are. Never made the mistake of marrying one. I don't waste that kind of time. It is what it is... I don't pretend. And when it AINT, I don't pretend either.

At present, I have my sights set on exactly what I want so I'm not doing all that worthless dating crap.... Thank God. Y'all can have em all.

I'm not trying to go on about myself but wanted to point things out because despite making mistakes, it doesn't mean that I don't think that sex should be meaningful and sincere. I'm just making the point that in my mistakes, this is how I generally felt....I believe in the notion that it is a sacred bond between two people.

How someone can bring themselves to be a prostitute is beyond me. It is disgusting to think of a empty shallow man having his way with you simply because he is horny and has some cash. It is truly repulsive... and quite frankly, I'd rather die. I think it would be more noble to die then to uphold the sinful carnality and empty lust that drives many in this world to do the things they do and is really a HUGE problem with the human race.

Now, Im not saying that I think women who have made that mistake should be persecuted... but it is a MISTAKE. If they enjoy this kind of work, then they enjoy giving themselves over to just anyone without emotion and it's disgusting. If they hate it, then how could they bring themselves to do it? If they had to talk themselves into it with some booze and then feel deep regret, I forgive them.... because I am not void of mistakes, but to uphold the idea that this terrible thing that has caused so many problems and is the result of even GREATER problems... it's sadistic! It is finding beauty in sacrificing our women!

How can anyone think that is beautiful? Because there is a sacrificial sadness to it it. WHY UPHOLD THAT?!

I also find it disturbing that the context seemed to be used in third person... like it's ok to watch another woman give herself up to this kind of sin and sacrifice, but would the people who said such things.... How would they feel if someone looked at them and said, put your heels on, get out there and do your job. Would they think that was beautiful? I BET THE WOULDN'T.

I bet when that nasty man went for his prize they would wish they could just fly away into the clouds... and I bet they wouldn't think there was anything beautiful about it... and if they still thought it was beautiful, then what they really see beauty in is promiscuity.... casual sex, sacrificing your own body with no emotion and that is perversion, not love and beauty.

Arousal in the pain of a person is, imo, a SICKNESS.
Arousal in giving yourself over. Arousal in being controlled. HORRIBLE!

It is active destruction of the sanctity of devotion. It is arousal of a sacrificial body, not aware of the person inside, not caring or even thinking about how they feel or their identity.

I think anyone who advocates the prostitution of another, & speaks these things openly for other men to hear, they need to first put themselves in that position before they sacrifice another up to it in theory. It is much easier to uphold this terrible thing in society from afar. It eats away like a moth at the fabric of morality.

Would you find it beautiful if it was your own daughter?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join