It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traffic into S.F. halted on Bay Bridge - police standoff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

All San Francisco-bound traffic on the upper deck of the Bay Bridge has come to a halt because of a standoff between law-enforcement officers and a man in a car with a gun, authorities said. The standoff, reported at about 7 a.m., has shut down all westbound traffic going into San Francisco as police try to negotiate with the suspect, the California Highway Patrol said.

Source

I wonder why this is happening? Gang member held up by the police or something else? I would keep all of you updated! This is happening live.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
More details and a picture of the car. I will continue to post details as they come it.
Source

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Traffic has come to a standstill on the upper deck of the Bay Bridge this morning because of police activity. Westbound traffic is being stopped at the toll plaza, California Highway Patrol Sgt. John Carman said. He said he could not yet give details on the activity. Motorists are advised to use alternate routes.

Hopefully nothing bad will happen.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Odd. Makes you wonder sometimes when these things occur. One dude with a gun hold up an entire freeway and he actually hasn't done anything except just stand there with a gun. What if everyone just ignored the dude? Maybe he'd get bored and go home.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by stasis

Well he's on the San Fran Bay bridge. Someone probably saw a gun and called the police. San Fran also has many gangs. Could be a police incident with a criminal.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
it was on the radio on my way into work. first thing i thought of was BOMB in the SUV. he stoped right in the middle of the suspenshion bridge. dont know if i spelled that right. prob not

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Fox just said that they guy is threatening to jump off of the bridge.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

haha wow, i say let him do it and get over with it. he is backing up the all the traffic and im going to be late for my meeting later if they dont fix this.

ill walk him through it to help him out

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
yeah, just what i thought. he says he has explosives. no wounder he stoped were he stoped. i call his bluff. if we wanted to blow the bridge he would have done it when on the bridge to kill as many people as posible

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
yeah, just what i thought. he says he has explosives. no wounder he stoped were he stoped. i call his bluff. if we wanted to blow the bridge he would have done it when on the bridge to kill as many people as posible

Even in a situation like this most people have a sense of humanity and will only damage what "needs" to be
edit on 11-11-2010 by AbandonFaieth because: extra word taken out

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AbandonFaieth

well if he does do it the city is screwed. that bridge is a major artery. it already take an 2 hours to get in the city on rush hour. this will make it like 3-1/2 hours if we cant use that bridge

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
He is in custody! The traffic is still backed up. This didn't take long at all.
Crazy I know.
Source

A distraught armed man, who halted traffic on the Bay Bridge during a tense police standoff, was taken into custody without incident early Thursday ending nearly 60 minutes of rush-hour drama on the major artery from the East Bay to San Francisco, authorities said.

Click the link for more.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
reply to post by angrymomma

haha wow, i say let him do it and get over with it. he is backing up the all the traffic and im going to be late for my meeting later if they dont fix this.

ill walk him through it to help him out

That is a completely unacceptable comment. You sir, are not a civilized person with any compasion for your fellow man who may be going through some very tough times. You should be ashamed.

top topics

join