It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was NOT an Airplane (as per General)

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

You are mistaking the camera man for the chopper pilot. Camera men are not the smartest people in the world, nor are they experienced in identifying flying objects.

Just look at the quote... he actually said "it's no a flock of birds"...
Oh really??!?!?! Damn, I thought it was a flock of birds.

God this is so stupid.
edit on 14-11-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

you do know that that may have not been a plane also ?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
You actually thought it was the helicopter pilot doing the filming??

Check again.

See, THIS is how these things spin out of control......these sorts of misconceptions, and conclusions drawn from them.....

Okay. Point taken and duly noted. Thanks. Because I totally overlooked that little fact.

Now, why isn't the 'other' person (who either was the cameraman or pilot because right now, I don't know my arse from my elbow) mentioned anywhere?

You know what I am really starting to think (yeah, call me the quintessential conspiracy theorists) I really think this was a false flag diversion.
I think this WHOLE thing might've been staged cause it's really starting to stink!!!

If Gil Leyvas is the only one being mentioned (and as WW pointed out, there HAD to have been someone else) then, I really think we're being played with.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

I know. I was just made aware of that.

False Flag Operation. That's what this is. I am almost convinced now.

Obama comes back (tomorrow?) and this whole country is going to fall a part.

False Flag. This missile/plane/contrail is nothing but a False Flag. It's utter bullchit. Now I am pissed.
Partly because I wasn't thoroughly thinking and now that I see a clearer picture (there were TWO people involved yet only one mentioned) I feel foolish and duped.

False Flag people. That's what this it. I've called it and I will own it. Something just isn't right with this whole situation.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

You claimed that you are familiar with how the government operates, which is why I asked.

And no, I don't work for Walmart, although I'm not sure why I feel like that was supposed to be a shot at me

Triple digit IQ- good for you my man.

Since you're an intelligent person then maybe you can help me understand something....

There has been proof submitted in this thread that there were at least 2 planes in the same area and roughly the same time that you and others would like to believe a missile was shot into the sky. Thing is, we can't argue that there weren't planes in that same airspace that this contrail was seen because we have flight data that shows they were there at that time. Can't ignore em...

So we have a bit of a conundrum here don't we? Because we have to now explain the logic behind our navy "secretly" launching a surface to air missile into busy airspace where planes are making there approach into the US.

I would imagine a plane (the UPS flight) 160 miles off the coast of California would've seen this missile. Yes?Since they were in same location at the same time...
If not it would've been dangerously close to it. Or perhaps other pilots who were heading towards this supposed missile trail would've surely seen it, even from hundreds of miles away... yet no reports of any such thing from any pilots? Why?

Why would the US "secretly" launch a missile off our coast into busy airspace where everyone can see while also running the risk of accidentally shooting down a commercial jet liner?

Maybe your triple digit IQ can shed some logic here

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Basing my opinion on someone else who happens to be the witness? My bad. What the HELL is wrong with me????
Ummm, check please....!

Look at your self..... You are quoting the camera man saying "it's not a jetliner", and basing your opinion off of that. Don't you know there is such a thing as "error"?

So every UFO video where the witness says "oh it's a UFO!", you are going to believe them without using your own mind?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

I am humbly retracting my whole thought-process and stance.

This was a false flag operation.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Of course not but I am guilty of giving this Gil way too much credit.

He's a sham
His (invisible) shot-gun partner is a sham
The media is a sham
This whole incident is a sham and Obama comes home tomorrow with no money in his pocket.

I am resigning from this thread. Good night, good day and godspeed!

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

"false flag"??

No, an over-zealous TV news cameraman saw an opportunity to increase viewership for his station.

Someone shold check into the employee compensation packages at that station...se if they have a profit-sharing program....

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Phage

Who said flight 902 isn't right? And why?

Because that pic you posted was date stamped and at that time flight 902 was OVER 160 miles off the coast..
No way way that a pic of a contrail 160 miles away..

You have to understand the helicopter camera set up that Gil Leyvas is using.

Yes with that stabilised set up and the power of the optics it is more than capable of filming and tracking an MD-11 airliner at those distances. Also consider the massive amount of foreshortening that those powerful optics have when he is using full zoom?

Remember that Gil is filming this aircraft when it is still producing a persistent contrail? Go back and study the weather sat image showing the contrail that has formed well off the coast blowing south. The set up that Gil is using will be comparable to military grade optics used for surveillance by the military and law enforcement agencies.

Looks very much like the system on the helo?

Gyro-Stabilized Cineflex V14 HD Camera System

www.movingpicture.com...

TJ
edit on 14-11-2010 by tommyjo because: Additional info inserted.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Here is what happen, ok?

A jet was flying over the horizon. Because it is almost winter, and because it just got done raining the night before and the morning, the jet was leaving a thick contrail behind it. The winds and turbulences at the time were just enough to spread that contrail out so that it appears larger than a normal contrail.

The camera man, whose job is to film things, just happened to be in the right position to film this jet coming over the horizon from many miles away. This jet was flying slightly towards them over the curve of the Earth, so it appeared to be flying upwards. The sunset illuminated this contrail and made it stand out against the sky.

The camera man thought "hey it looks like a missile" because it certainly does have similar characteristics of a missile, and because it only appears to be flying straight up, so he started to film it. Because the object was so far away it was hard to tell if it was a missile or a jet. This is when the confusion and mass hysteria ensues.

Because the media and many people within the media are dumb as rocks, they report on something before doing any real research or journalism. Their whole outlook on life is to be the first to report breaking news before everyone else, so they rush this story out long before they get any real confirmation. They expected to get instant answers from the government, and because they didn't get them, they sat there and speculated about this event, which actually raises their ratings.

Yes, it kind of looks like a missile. That is what caused this dumb fiasco. But it was a jet liner.

This is not a false flag, more like a prime example of how unintelligent the world can be at times.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

edit on 14-11-2010 by williamAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

edit on 14-11-2010 by williamAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by williamAmerican

Are you saying that a cloud cannot last for about an hour?

Because, a large airliner, in cruise flight, is moving at about 500 MPH, give or take. Making a contrail, when conditions are just right. One contrail can instigate further cloud formation, when conditions are right.

But, I guess there is no cloud on Earth that will last for an hour......?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edit: OH, I see you've redacted your statement that a contrail can't last for 500 miles. Poor form....
But, needed this edit, for clarity as others read later on....

edit on 14 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Um, yes they do.

en.wikipedia.org...

Depending on atmospheric conditions, contrails may be visible for only a few seconds or minutes, or may persist for many hours which may affect climate.

Source: www.areco.org...

If a jet is flying 500 miles per hour, and contrails can last "many hours", this means they could last longer than 1000 miles.

Contrails are clouds. Are you saying clouds can't last for 500 miles??

I have to ask... why are you posting false information? Whats your deal?
edit on 14-11-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Dude....go to page one of THIS thread!!!

Slow down, take your time....you'll enjoy it more.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I am done talking about this

I am going to let u all find out ..what it was

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

If anyone find out what this object was ...send me an email ...i will be making a new thread tonight on AREA 51...star my thread so it can be on the front page

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

If there were at lease 2 jets in the area at the time, where were their contrails?

Why would one plane have this affect while the other did not?

and lastly if the pilot on the "jet" that left the trail isn't coming forward to say he was piloting a jet in the area, because "he would have no way of seeing the trail he left" How are passengers on a nearby jet expected to see the missile?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Well i thought it was a missile from the start, after all the missiles & planes ive seen over the years... contrails aswel,

And ALL the military experts from all over the world, Who said yes this is 100% a missile,

And then a bunch of congressmen & government officials said it was a plane... HMMMM BS

I don't care what anybody says im going to have to be ignorent here i'm affraid and ignor absolutly everything towards this being a plane, sorry its just not a plane and im not open to being persuaded otherwise, enjoy deffending this one for a while guys

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join