It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was NOT an Airplane (as per General)

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
the goberment said it was a plane

so we should just go watch save by the bell and forget this

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by williamAmerican
How do we know there is no such thing as a SLOW missile ?

How do we know that this could not be some new kind of Missile that is slower and more effective ? It could change direction and even slow down a little and speed up . How do we know this was not some missile that is not an Average long missile or speed . It could be Below Average in size and power

You raise a good question and I posted an earlier video of an alleged missile (off Florida) that was captured on video for over 7 minutes. So how slow was that missile traveling to have remained in the view-finder that long?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
As far-out, left-field, 'you gotta be crazy' as this might be, has anyone come up with an explanation for the "UFO" in this clip?

I know I read somewhere, early on, that this was a helicopter. If so, what helicopter? Where's the flight-log proof for his flight that day?

I realize we live in a world where some people love playing games with CGIs and other people completely distort the truth but with that said, I also know we live in a world where the biggest players, in the highest places, lie and cover up truths that would otherwise shatter their reign of power!

So take it (again) for what it's worth.

Why don't you put in a request for the radar tapes if you are so keen? Alison Kruse who believes she is being visited by 'orbs' submits requests for such FAA radar info.

In my opinion it looks like a tandem rotor helicopter. There appears to be main rotor movement fore and aft. Obviously the likely candidates are CH-46 Sea Knight or CH-47 Chinook. Other candidates are civilian operated Boeing Vertol 107s or Boeing 234s. There is also a civilian owned Piasecki H-21 operating in California.

The nearest CH-46 Sea Knight base to the incident area is Camp Pendleton. Further south is Miramar. Nothing unusual in seeing a CH-46 Sea Knight transiting that area.

TJ

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Originally posted by Human_Alien

reply to post by boondock-saint

But I stand firm on this:
I am certain it wasn't a plane (how? My IQ is larger than my shoe size)
I believe it was a missile (why? because it looks exactly like one)
I know the government is lying (how? because I am familiar with their work)

Really? Your IQ is telling you this?

But it also looks just like a jet contrail as evidenced by all the pictures that have been presented.

Governments lie all the time. Do you work for the Government?
edit on 14-11-2010 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

You mean this one?
It is not a missile either. It's a jet which is clearly visible at the end. That's why it's visible for so long.

edit on 11/14/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by backinblack

Figuring out the distance to the horizon is not that difficult.
Come on..."within a mile". You can do it.

How can I do it without knowing the height above sea level that the pic was taken from?
Nice try Phage but I'm not quite that silly..Try another trap..

Oh, I see. It's OK for you to ask me how wide the contrail is but not for me to ask you how far away you think it is. I ask for a "fact" and you beg off.

It looks to you like it isn't 160 miles away. Come on, rough guess then. 75? 50? The cameraman said 35, how about that?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by Phage
6) The plane is inbound from Honolulu to Phoenix. It is at an altitude of 37,000 feet.

7) The plane is going to Phoenix.

since Phage cannot distinguish between his left
and his right turns, let me share something.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/06b3b9d9c5ba.jpg[/atsimg]

Flight US808 makes a right turn according to the FAA
flight path. The Missile video shows a LEFT turn.

And here is another shot of the left turn by the missile.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/114215b74850.jpg[/atsimg]

Phage, I hope you never pilot a plane I am on.

It's NOT US 808

Are you sure it's a left turn your missile is making? That would imply that your missile's generalized direction of travel was east towards the photographer, or right over US soil. Not likely that happened

Perspective is really screwing with people heads here

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommyjo

Why don't you put in a request for the radar tapes if you are so keen? Alison Kruse who believes she is being visited by 'orbs' submits requests for such FAA radar info.

In my opinion it looks like a tandem rotor helicopter. Nothing unusual in seeing a CH-46 Sea Knight transiting that area.

TJ

Please don't use my thread to discredit someone whose not here to defend herself please. We're all entitled to our likes and dislikes but this is not the proper venue to bring up Alice.Thanks

So.........there was ANOTHER helicopter out there when this happened?

And you're right. Nothing unusual about having a helicopter out there but sure would've been nice to interview him the first day to get his impression of this UFO-Missile-Plane (that took 2 days to tell the American people 'we don't believe it's any threat") wouldn't you agree?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
[

Show me one passenger plane with exhaust engines brightening/firing up like what is seen in the video....

edit on 14-11-2010 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

In addition to Weedwhackers post on reflections. One of the main websites that you can see such reflections was on Rod Hilderman's You Tube Channel. I believe that he has since closed down his channel, but remnants of the videos still exist on the web. Rod was forever trying to claim that the reflections were orbs forming on the 'fake' and 'hologram' planes.

For example this Boeing 747 reflecting light off the surfaces.

Such reflections can and do create all manner of confusion and problems. As an aviation photographer I have had many a good shot wasted by glare and reflection off aircraft surfaces. It is the nature of the beast.

TJ
edit on 14-11-2010 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Phage

The cameraman said that based on what? The question was a simple one, from what height was the footage taken because it makes a huge difference. If this was a UFO people were claiming they'd seen you'd be allover the guy demanding he prove what height the film was taken at. Why so shy now? Why so happy to simply accept on face value when you spend most of your time no here doing exactly the opposite?

"The guy reckons" would normally see you launch into one of your lengthy diatribes about perception and people seeing what they want to see,, being caught up in the moment etc etc, yet here, you meekly accept the guy's word without a single fact to back it up.

link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

My better judgement tells me it doesn't look like a plane (and yes. My IQ does hover in the triple digits on a good given day)

Do I work for the government.....?
Who wants to know and why?

Do you work for Walmart? I'm just askin'............

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes, I meant that one. Thanks

So that too was a jet?

Damn these jet-missiles sure are busy. How DO they find the time when they have so many people to fool daily with their chem, er....I mean, contrail confusion?

(I really do like you Phage. It's just that we're NEVER on the same side)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

I think you missed the point. I don't accept the cameraman's estimate of the distance (though some do) because it is not possible for a human eye to judge that distance without more information.

I do accept his estimate of 10 minutes of viewing time (within a reasonable margin of error) because people are capable of doing so. Particularly if they are a cameraman who would have a good reason to be aware of time spans. Particularly if they might be wearing a watch.

The person I was responding to claims that the contrail could not have been 160 miles off shore because "it doesn't look like it". I asked for an estimate from that person and asked if he might accept the estimate of the cameraman.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I can't believe people are still arguing over this jet contrail. This is madness!

This entire topic should have ended here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is no conspiracy here people.. just a bunch of confusion. It's quite annoying that mundane things are getting so much attention... it really is insanity.
edit on 14-11-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So in other words, how many millions of words on-line, based wholly on no real data at all? To make any proper judgment on what is being seen the first thing everyone need to do was ascertain... how high.. and therefore how far the horizon is and the exact compass heading of the cameras view. Well I've waited, I've searched and as yet nada.

Till then, everything is absolutely pure speculation , possibly based on completely erroneous assumptions. In other words, as yet, no-one knows it's all just opinion. based on whatever bias a person might have.

What i find absolutely fascinating about it all is that, these very questions haven't, seemingly, been addressed anywhere in public. Personally, I find that far more interesting than the footage itself as that suggests simple common sense has been thrown out, by just about every party involved in this. Almost a week and a calculation that could be done in 2 mins is still, as yet forgotten and unanswered.
edit on 14-11-2010 by FireMoon because: punctuation

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

that is no jet ....I zoomed in ...NO WINGS

edit on 14-11-2010 by williamAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I know the goberment told me it was a plane

but I still see no wings

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Really? You haven't been paying attention then. There is plenty of data.
Here is the track log of UPS902. It landed at Ontario International, California
flightaware.com...

Here is the track log of US808. It landed at Sky Harbor, Arizona.
flightaware.com...

Here is a video of the track of both US808 and UPS902.

Here is an image of the contrail from a webcam at LAX.

Here is an image from the same webcam of a 747-200. The tail of that aircraft is 19.3 meters above the ground. The plane appears to be at the end of the runway which is a distance of about 3,150 meters from the camera (located at 5933 West Century Blvd) as measured on Google Earth. This makes the angle from the tarmac to the top of the tail .35º

I've resized the images to fit here but in the originals the tail of the plane is 44 pixels above the wheels. The high end of the contrail is 220 pixels above the horizon, about 5 times greater. 5 times .35º is 1.75º, about what it should be for an object about 160 miles away at an altitude of 39,000 feet.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/959952d8d637.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by weedwhacker

You don't even know what in the world you are talking about...

First of all, in that video you gave we can see that there are 4 contrails from the 4 different engines, meanwhile the missile video shows only one massive contrail with no breaks in between...

Second of all, I am talking about the EXHAUST brightening from the second or third stage boosters firing up which no passenger plane does...

Take some time and go back and study the possibilities that it might have been the UPS McDonnell Douglas MD-11? This is a tri-engined airliner. At that distance, height, angle and under those light conditions the contrails are not distinct. If the cameraman had chosen to continue filming, as the aircraft continued east over the mainland, then you would possibly have footage from a side angle or possibly directly underneath. The full footage requires to be released by the TV station.

As already pointed out on other posts tri-engined airliners and their contrails have caused wide confusion in the conspiracy theory groups. You have simply assumed that the 'light' is a part of a booster because it fits your theory. The reflection issue is also a valid point as airliners with highly reflective paint schemes can and do create them.

TJ

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It was no plane . there are no facts or reports of a plane doing this . if you know anyone who did a Negive G dive in a plane last week then u found the right plane . The only WAY that object would have been a plane is for it to do a dive to return back to a lower level and return back to a western track and not a north west track

That rocket was already 80 000 foot I would say when it was seen in the last Image . The video shows nothing . I mean when the STS goes back to earth from space it also looks like a plane leveling off . Keep in mind this could have been going to a nation to land . Not space

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join