It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was NOT an Airplane (as per General)

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by Human_Alien
It basically comes down to opinion.

It does not come down to opinion but opinion versus facts; and those who's opinion it is that this is a missile launch do not have facts on their side.

It's so very interesting how so many people's opinions vary (and in some cases, I have to wonder if it's done on purpose as dis-info);

Being that you are ignoring the evidence and continue perpetuating this as a mystery, are you admitting to being a disinfo agent?
edit on 11-11-2010 by DoomsdayRex because: (no reason given)

Before slinging mud at other members opinions you'll have to have solid information on your side. Unless you have this video'd from multiple angles you cannot be sure it was jet contrail, nor can it definitively be identified as a missle yet. Keep an open mind as this may develop one way or another. Still, don't you find it troubling that the authorities have not answered this with a clear explanation or that many military personnel recognize the familiar shape of a missle trail?
edit on 13-11-2010 by thepixelpusher because: content

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by thepixelpusher

Other angles:

And this animation
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6e2e2f42ada3.gif[/atsimg]

edit on 11/13/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by backinblack

No.
The contrail is not visible to the horizon. The distance to the horizon is irrelevant since the place was at 39,000 feet, not sea level.

The angle of the close end of the contrail corresponds to that of something 160 miles away at an altitude of 39,000 feet.

I'm very surprised that you are even considering that that is over 160 miles away...
That would make that contrail, especially at the base, absolutely huge!!!!

I also note in that pic that the base of the contrail seem dark and the top seems brighter.
How does that fit into your plane theory?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Other angles:

And this animation

So Phage..Thats a better pic..Given the base of that contrail is over 160 miles away, how wide do you think that makes it??
Just give your answer to the nearest mile...

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Have you been to LA? There is a layer of haze most of the time. You can see it in the image. The contrail fades into it.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

reply to post by tommyjo

Well there we have it!

It was a UPS plane (delivering Christmas presents, right?)

It's so amazing how someones opinion (yes, opinion) becomes the holy grail of science, cover-up and case solving!

Nice work. Perhaps Homeland Security can use your expertise?

Right now (once again) no one knows what this was and why. If you have an opinion please state it as such. Don't make your opinion into a fact. That's where our own science has gone wrong for hundreds of years.
Opinions are accepted. Psuedo knowledge will (should) be denied.

Relax Mate. Why so worked up? Stop attacking people because they have an opinion! I'm ex-military, have witnessed a lot of ballistic launches, and I'm also an aviation enthusiast. I'm simply presenting my viewpoint and adding some info that people viewing this thread might find useful in trying to get their head around the event in question.

The tri-engined series of airliners and their contrails have caused confusion in the past. Especially with chem trail and fake plane believers. Half the battle would be won if only they had basic aircraft recognition skills.

TJ

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Other angles:

And this animation

You again leave out the first pic..I know the zoom is different but I'm sure you could fit it in.
Why is it important? Because IMO it shows the later pics to be shopped.
Note in all 3 pics you show there is a single small puff of trail at the top. It is in all three pics and doesn't alter much.
But in the FIRST pic (which you left out) there is a substantial continuous contrail visible above the clouds.
It completly dissapears in the next shot....That's impossible..!!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Have you been to LA? There is a layer of haze most of the time. You can see it in the image. The contrail fades into it.

lol, more excuses to make the facts fit your theory...
BTW, I like your selective question answering..
How about the, how wide would the base of that contrail be considering you say its over 160 miles away in that pic?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by zorgon
Seriously? You DO know that a missile launched at sunset going UP will catch the sunlight as it gets higher and the trail will get BRIGHTER not DARKER?

not really !!!
It depends on whether or not
there is another cloud blocking
the sunlight's path. That is how
you can sometimes see 2 clouds
side by side and only 1 is lit up.
The other is in it's shadow.
strawman argument

No I believe zorgon is correct.

Please forgive my crude and not to scale drawing, but the bottom of a contrail would be bright, as it is, and a missile trail would be dark.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by numb99

The entire contrail appears bright in the pics so I don't see that being conclusive either way..
Wether it was plane contrail on the horizon or a missile launched some distance off the coast, both were not in the earths shadow yet.
In fact, with Phage's new pic it appears the trail was never in shadow or why would that flash at the end be a reflection of the sun..??
edit on 13-11-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Oh, first the images were faked and now the contrail is too wide. I don't know how wide it is. But I do know a zoom lens makes distant objects look bigger than they are. Within a mile? Hard to say because I don't know the exact location the pictures were taken from. If I did, and if I knew what building that was I could could take a stab at it.

How wide do you think this one was?

Impossible for a contrail to dissappear? When conditions dont' support persitent contrails, they evaporate. Notice that in the above video.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Right Phage, so how about please linking that first pic into your animation please.
I would but I'm honest in saying I don't know how though I should learn.
I don't see any way that trail dissapeared so fast. But I could be wrong just as you could also..

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Here you go. But we really don't know the timing.

And notice that there is a remnant of the evaporating contrail here;

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Here you go. But we really don't know the timing.

And notice that there is a remnant of the evaporating contrail here;

Yep, if you add in the other two pics you see little dissapation on the last 3 views, yet we are to believe from pic 1 to pic 2 that solid looking contrail above the clouds all but vanished?
Hmm, OK..Must be an optical illusion or a perspective issue

Edit: Thank you very much for posting that Phage..
edit on 13-11-2010 by backinblack because: Thanks

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
lucky the general was there to bring some sanity, or else those 2 yo-yos with their toy rocket theories.

and the guy was wrong there was something to scale it with, the cloud in the foreground that the missile passed behind.

how about this for a theory: the toy rocket guy and the chick are actually reptilian infiltrators and collaborators and the general and the host are humans.

this missile launch was an unavoidable defcon 1 defence of the western seaboard against a hostile flying object of unknown origin.

luckily the two reptilians know when to shut up as to not look like 2 complete stooges.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
This is not a plane. Stop..just stop. Don't you think it'd be easy to find out what planes were in that area at that time on that day? This was a mystery to the media for 3-4 days.
edit on 14-11-2010 by dannotz because: friend messed w/it :/

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Other angles:

And this animation

Okay, if you're sure of the jet contrail theory I'm sure you can name the flight or flights that fit that flight path and time.

Military personnel with experience say it's not a plane. I don't pretend to have qualifications to match the military personnel quoted on this, but tell me what experience you have that matches trained military personnel with missle launch observation hours logged?

I'm not ruling out the jet possibility, but so far your factual evidence isn't convincing me. And we needs facts, not assumptions.
edit on 14-11-2010 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
To all my non-supporters,

I am not attacking anyone. In fact, I am trying to maintain a modicum of levity throughout these pages because I don't want this to become a rockum sockum match fight. But it's been suggested I am closed minded, am embarrassing myself and just plain ol' unaware.

I beg to differ.

You people can overlay and animate, undermine and minimize this event all you want. The fact is that now, Sunday Nov 14th, no one has come forward stating which 'plane' this was.
Why is it we have to play the 'act of deduction' game and figure this out? Why not have a follow up news ditty on this and put this baby to rest? Well...............I can only assume it's because, no one knows.

And I am STILL not understanding the 'edited' video part of this either.

Like I posted earlier (I believe it was on this thread. Maybe not but.....) Clif High from Half Past Human webbot, admits going on another forum to conduct 'tests' on people's reactions and behavior.
I am starting to wonder if a little 'test' is taking place on this very thread too.

To Steve, I am not saying get off my thread if you don't agree with me rather, if you can't play nicely with those of us who still don't agree with you then, please, sashay yourself off this thread and start your own! Don't force your OPINION (because after all, that's all it is) down my throat. I am entitled to not buy into your version without slinging insults about my integrity.
Perhaps my opinion may change for I am not 100% convinced this was a missile (because I am only watching a video and was NOT there) but for now......I see and still say, it was a missile.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
The story will never add up and all of the pictures don't either. My family and people already know what it is as they have been talking about it all coming for years before I was even born.

What exactly are you talking about?

Can you explain what you mean please?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyjo

Relax Mate. Why so worked up? Stop attacking people because they have an opinion! I'm ex-military

"Relax" you say? Listen mate, if I were anymore relaxed I'd slip into a coma.
I am not attacking those who have an opinion rather I do take exception for those having an opinion who use a cagey approach and spin their OPINION into a fact. That's all.

You're an ex military? Well, I am a current observer. Now what?

Carry on..............

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join