It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember and thank our veterans today.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
If anyone gets offended by this pic, suggestion, STFU!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Awesome
One of my friends would love that! He lost both his legs mid-thigh in Iraq.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba183e10dd67.jpg[/atsimg]

Thank you for this thread and the wonderful comments to my fellow vets..

"You have never lived until you have almost died; for those who fight for it, life has a favor the protected will never know."

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Rifle squad honors vets with 57,000 goodbyes

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Touching images for today from Yahoo

news.yahoo.com...:/101109/480/urn_publicid_ap_org_bc169b7a5e1a4094b1ea6f2c1a19ff70/#photoVie wer=/101111/ids_photos_ts/r1767227184.jpg

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Veterans day slideshow from military.com

www.military.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Great thread, thanks for starting it........as a vet this day is special to me, and those that disrespect our vets truely are the lowest of the low. And yet again we have people so low brow as to act a fool, truely shows their lack of caring /upbringing. It truely shows what losers some of our members here are, if they disagree they don't need to post. S&F for you.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Remember and thank our veterans today.

Respect to all who served honorably past/present and future...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I most certainly give thanks to all veterans of all wars, I salute you all, I stand with honor over your resting place, and still breathe the air of Freedom you so proudly, and so faithfully fought and died for. Are there Senator's sons among your ranks? Are there a Congressman's son among you? Or are your ranks filled with working class men and women? We know who you are, and what you did, and we honor you this day.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b6ba44d2e35d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Oh the audicity, if this don't make your blood boil, nothing will.

In typical Obama style, here is a speech about veterans.

He was in Jakarta for their Heroes Day this week to honor their veterans "who have sacrificed on behalf of this great country."

"This great country," of course, being Indonesia.

"When my stepfather was a boy, he watched his own father and older brother leave home to fight and die in the struggle for Indonesian independence," Obama told the audience.

NYPost

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
My thanks to those who have served, are serving and those who will serve. My respects to those who have lost their lives while serving and their families including two friends of mine. Lloyd Strand and Robert Stetham.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a454d918996.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 11-11-2010 by rakkasansct because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rakkasansct

No disrespect meant but I 'm ex airforce.
Would any army folks please look at private
Sheltons uniform and tell me if its current "army reg"?
On my computer the jacket looks AF blue;

but the buttons and collar brass are wrong for
an airman. the beret looks dark blue;
definitely army stripe on the sleeve.

Looks like ribbons on both sides of the chest??
there's some kind of a badge or device on the epaulet.
I recognize jump wings and marksmanship badges.
salute is a little casual for an official portrait....

blue jacket sleeve stripe Dissonance Just caught my Eye
The photo is also signed in the bottom right corner, not something you see in an official portrait that would end up in a promotion 'jacket"

edit on 11-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
reply to post by rakkasansct

No disrespect meant but I 'm ex airforce.
Would any army folks please look at private
Sheltons uniform and tell me if its current "army reg"?
On my computer the jacket looks AF blue;

but the buttons and collar brass are wrong for
an airman. the beret looks dark blue;
definitely army stripe on the sleeve.

Looks like ribbons on both sides of the chest??
there's some kind of a badge or device on the epaulet.
I recognize jump wings and marksmanship badges.
salute is a little casual for an official portrait....

blue jacket sleeve stripe Dissonance Just caught my Eye
The photo is also signed in the bottom right corner, not something you see in an official portrait that would end up in a promotion 'jacket"

Seriously? Seriously... Its Army so of course the buttons are wrong for an Airman.
The colors look wrong to you? Its either your screen, your eyes, or the photograph.
Ribbons on both side of chest? Of course the right side is unit awards, and the left is personal awards. The "badge or device" on the epaulet is the unit crest of the 187th Brigade Combat Team. 3rd BDE 101 ABN or the Rakkasans.
The saulte too casual and the signature in the bottom corner? Its a private portrait of him not for a promotions packet.

This was disrespectful and you should have freakin asked in a PM

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Sorry no disrespect meant we (af) wear ALL( unit and individual ) awards over the left breast pocke(thats why I asked). my monitor color must be off...
Apologies.

A pm to who(?) exactly
I'm new and don't know any army folks here.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I am a veteran of the first Gulf War and I no longer have any respect for anyone who fights and kills. No one has given me any freedoms. Freedom is inside you if you have it and not something the government gives you. We are living in a police state in this country and it's only getting worse. I do, though, have compassion for the soldiers whose lives and souls are destroyed. I blame the ruling class for the propaganda and the wars. Not the people duped into following it. I thank no one today. You are not fighting for me or anything I believe in. You have also not given anyone any freedom.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Thank you Veterans!!!

We appreciate everything that you do for us and hope that you come home soon!

Thanks again!!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillfromCovina
I am a veteran of the first Gulf War and I no longer have any respect for anyone who fights and kills. No one has given me any freedoms. Freedom is inside you if you have it and not something the government gives you. We are living in a police state in this country and it's only getting worse. I do, though, have compassion for the soldiers whose lives and souls are destroyed. I blame the ruling class for the propaganda and the wars. Not the people duped into following it. I thank no one today. You are not fighting for me or anything I believe in. You have also not given anyone any freedom.

This thread is to thank people, if your not willing to thank then please go to the nearest soldier bashing thread and share your discontent there.

I am military, and its a tradition thing through both sides of my family. Thank you all for your sacrafices, and also thank your families (wives, husbands, children) for standing by and suffering with the deployments, TDY's, long trainings, and of course there is no words to describe an event such as your living a loss through war or other reasons military. Please accept gratitude military families for having the strength to bear not only our jobs, our lives, but the cruel people who would spit on us which of course involves you as you stand there.

thank you to the families of veterans, as you are just as important!
edit on 12-11-2010 by Eavel because: spelling

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Eavel

This thread invited me in by posting " no matter your political leanings". It then told me to do something (thank veterans). It should have stated that it was just for the people who wanted to thank veterans. I am not spitting on anyone. Nothing honorable in killing people. It is one thing if a person dies when you are protecting yourself and family, it is another when you go into another country to destroy someone else's family. Nothing honorable by dropping bombs on cities and towns.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join