It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish Rocks Record Ancient Oxygen Clues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Whilst trawling through the BBC News website on my lunch I came across this article.

Quote: "Oxygen levels on Earth reached a critical threshold to enable the evolution of complex life much earlier than thought, say scientists."

LINK: www.bbc.co.uk...

Quote: "Prior to the Lochinver discovery, the oldest rocks known to display this sulphur signature were 800 million years old. The new study now indicates oxygen levels in Earth's atmosphere were raised to such a level that the gas was permeating into lake waters and their sediment beds 1.2 billion years ago."

The difference between 800 million and 1.2 billion years is a strong indication that the books we "learn" from require ammending. They do not state that intelligent life existed right there and then, but to me suggests that we (the human race), have been here a for a few years more than we thought.

Remirah

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
As far as I know, it has been confirmed through genetics (tracing back the DNA line) that the human race; Homo Sapiens-Sapiens is around 200,000 years old.

I am quite a believer in the "Ancient Advanced Civilization" theory and this little bit of info is just another nail in the coffin.

Very interesting and good find.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Remirah
Whilst trawling through the BBC News website on my lunch I came across this article.

Quote: "Oxygen levels on Earth reached a critical threshold to enable the evolution of complex life much earlier than thought, say scientists."

LINK: www.bbc.co.uk...

Quote: "Prior to the Lochinver discovery, the oldest rocks known to display this sulphur signature were 800 million years old. The new study now indicates oxygen levels in Earth's atmosphere were raised to such a level that the gas was permeating into lake waters and their sediment beds 1.2 billion years ago."

The difference between 800 million and 1.2 billion years is a strong indication that the books we "learn" from require ammending. They do not state that intelligent life existed right there and then, but to me suggests that we (the human race), have been here a for a few years more than we thought.

Remirah

Interesting post. I also noticed how there is increasing evidence that man and other mammals existed earlier than thought. Oddly I do not find anyone concerned that this information is not in new science texts.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I agree.

To live in times where the transfer of information is instantaneous, it sadens me to know that our children are taught all the wrong things. Like me, you then have to un-learn all that, and start to come to terms with the truth.

www.foxnews.com... (lies in religion - as if there's not enough of them)

myfivebest.com... (5 things about the USA you thought were true)

The lists are endless. I remember one post stating that the text books kids are learning from in America came with the "fact" that they did find WMD's in Iraq.

Sad, sad times, and what chance do we have when people refuse to be woken up to the lies, propaganda and BS they are spoon fed and swallow every day.

Remirah.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Raiment

Interesting post. I also noticed how there is increasing evidence that man and other mammals existed earlier than thought. Oddly I do not find anyone concerned that this information is not in new science texts.

You should read a book called "Earth's Forbidden Secrets" by Maxwell Igan. It confronts the nature of scientists' inherrant inability to face the truth, simply because it doesn't fit into their nice neat little theories.

He does seem to be a huge Zechariah Sitchin follower unfortunately, but if you read around those parts, you can glean a few interesting facts that make you question the "official story" of the evolution of man and civilization.
edit on 11-11-2010 by nik1halo because: I screwed up the HTML

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Reply to Raiment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll cast my eyes over that one.

It's definately something I've always believed. To be honest, as far out there as it sounds to most, it kind of supports this theory too www.crystalinks.com... The Inca Stones, with carvings of men riding dinosaurs. I always knew The Flintstones was based on a true story.........sorry, couldn't help myself.

Thanks mate.

Remirah

top topics

join