It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Dawn, A New Enemy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Recently, anti-China sentiment has been rife amongst American politics, with pre-election ad campaigns targeting China as the global “bad guy”. It certainly seems that China are being primed as the next threat that the US must be wary of, and as one political commentator commentated; “The Chinese are being set up to be the next bogeyman, and the only thing to interfere with that is that the Muslims are an effective bogeyman for right now."

In the past it was the Communist Soviet Union that played this role quite perfectly. Even Hollywood jumped on the bandwagon with the release of the film Red Dawn, the plot of which revolves around the United States being invaded by the Soviet Union.

It may not come as a surprise that the film is being re-made, as we speak, but what may come as a surprise is that the enemy on this occasion is not the Soviets, oh no, this time it is the Chinese! As one of the films screenwriters notes: "The tone is going to be very intense, very much keeping in mind the post-9/11 world that we’re in. As ‘Red Dawn’ scared the heck out of people in 1984, we feel that the world is kind of already filled with a lot of paranoia and unease, so why not scare the hell out of people again?"

Jim Rogers, financial investor and commentator, stated that “It looks like we have a trade war developing. Nobody in history has ever won a trade war."

But my question is this; are we going to see more then just a trade war?

Seeing Red: US slams China in major smear campaign (Video)

China, Russia, Iran: Scapegoats for Con-men? (Video)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

WOLVERINES!

One of my favourite films and the reason why I've always wanted to drink deers blood. Seriously though that is a massive change in the plot. As I believe the downed pilot says the US and China are the only ones standing up to the Soviets; "Us and 500 million screaming China men" "I thought there were 1 Billion?" "There were."

As long as the dad in the interment camp still says this I'll be happy;

"BOYS! AVENGE ME! AVENGE ME!"

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

I must admit that I have never actually seen the original film, it was a bit before my time
Apparently the remake is in limbo because of funding, but the change of storyline is interesting to say the least.

new topics

join