It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw something strange

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Last night, friend and I were sitting out in my backyard looking at stars. He pointed to a star and said the star was moving really slow. I looked and a thing look just like a star. It moved very slowly in one direction. It never changed direction or changed speed. After about ten seconds of watching it, the object kinda faded out.

About ten minutes later, it happened again in another part of the sky. It also had the same speed and direction and faded out within a few seconds.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Its a plane thats it.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It's sattelites. Yes, it may seem strange, but even astronomers say they have problems watching the skies sometimes because there are so many sattelites out there. I've seen them quite many times myself, and I've spotted 5 of them, not simultainusly of course, but within 20-30 minutes.

I don't know why it faded out. It could be a "high cloud", dark to the eye, who hid it, I don't know.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Well Space, it couldn't have been a plane. The "star" was moving way to slow to be a plane.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Satellites fade because their solar panels turn away from your position. I believe that's what's been seen here, nothing alien-esque about this one folks.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I would have to agree with a couple of the other posters. Probably nothing more than a satellite.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
definitley a satellite

They always move really slow across the sky.

I sometimes get freaked out when I see this bright "star" in the sky. First I think its venus then I will spot venus elsewhere and suddenly this star gets brighter and brighter then I realize its an airplane flying towards me, hehe

new topics

top topics

join