It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plasma Stealth (does it glow?)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
In that article you linked about the plasma stealth it said the plasma would most likely glow in the dark

Uhh errm, lets hope that no Russian Plasma equipped Aircraft try breaking American defenses at night for the Russia's hope.

Wouldn't it be funny to see a glow in the dark aircraft fly at night though?

Hey that would make a great a toy.

Shattered OUT...

E_T

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
I wonder why cold fusion can't be made since plasma can be room temperature.

Atoms' nucleus repel others so to overcome that force they need speed. (and movement of atoms is "same" as heat)

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
First off, plasma is electriclly charged gas. Secound, when we conducted the B-2 research project some time back, we found that all modern stealth is actually plasma-based. On newer US stealth designs they use Radar Absorbent Structure (RAS) as a skin. RAS is a type of Radar Absorbent Material that is hallow, it looks like a honey comb inside. The open spaces inside the RAM are filled with a special plasma that absorsbs and dissipates the Radar energy to prevent a reflection. So, if the craft uses a plasma filled skin like the B-2 Spirit or F/A-22 Raptor, the answer is NO, it does Not glow!

Now, I don't know enough about the Russian stealth to be sure, but I doubt that it glows, because that would undermine the whole idea behind stealth technology: to make the plane harder to find.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
Now, I don't know enough about the Russian stealth to be sure, but I doubt that it glows, because that would undermine the whole idea behind stealth technology: to make the plane harder to find.

Most of the post seem to me indicate that the russian version is an external field. Thats why I was qurious about the glow issue. Would be kind of a moot point if it does.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
if plasma were allowed to exist 'cold' wouldnt it be prevelent everywhere
, i thought it only existed naturally in stars where it takes tremendous tempuratures to turn anything into plasma. manmade plasma (for research) can only be contained in a magnetic field, because plasma is to hot for any material, anyway, wouldnt they just use the 'cold' plasma. im skeptical about 'cold plasma'. can someone fill me in please

[edit on 12-7-2004 by jrod8900]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod8900
if plasma were allowed to exist 'cold' wouldnt it be prevelent everywhere
, i thought it only existed naturally in stars where it takes tremendous tempuratures to turn anything into plasma. manmade plasma (for research) can only be contained in a magnetic field, because plasma is to hot for any material, anyway, wouldnt they just use the 'cold' plasma. im skeptical about 'cold plasma'. can someone fill me in please

[edit on 12-7-2004 by jrod8900]

First off, plasma is prevalent, it is by far the most common form of matter. Plasmas have been produced in the laboratory with temperatures close to absolute zero.

This web site talks a bit about that. www.plasmas.org...

And I will repost the site I posted earlier which describes the current research on cold plasmas for use in stealth technology. www.space.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
thnx greencoolaid. great links, they are a tremendous help. but it seems to me like the us is at, or beyond the russians in this technology.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod8900
thnx greencoolaid. great links, they are a tremendous help. but it seems to me like the us is at, or beyond the russians in this technology.

The question is: If the Russians have developed a plasma stelth that works why hasent been exported. With Russian need for hard currency, they are selling just about anything except ICBM's . why havent we seen it deployed? The Chinese would fall overthemselves in an attempt to buy the tech?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
One thing i noticed about this technology is that it is not being talked as largely as it should be. A technology this important deserves a lot of publicity, plus since it is not a classified project. The articles i read date back to 1999 to 2000, seems kind of strange to me since this device being exported is only 100 Kg , this is extremely light ( equivalent to 2 normal people).

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The question is: If the Russians have developed a plasma stelth that works why hasent been exported. With Russian need for hard currency, they are selling just about anything except ICBM's . why havent we seen it deployed? The Chinese would fall overthemselves in an attempt to buy the tech?

A)
It's not ready yet check back later.
B)
To maintain an advantage over our potential enemies who we sell weapons to we aren't going to give you this crutial part of the plane, but we'll keep it quiet so as not to piss you off.
C)
We don't need the money as much as you think.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I haven't seen anything regarding plasma-based stealth fields and so know nothing regarding any tech or theory behind it, but I don't see how it could be in use on the B-2.

It was leaked that the B-2 uses ionization of the craft's exterior surface to reduce drag/friction and assist with propulsion. I don't see how you could surround the aircraft with a "stealth plasma field" when you got a torrential mass of ionized air rushing from the leading edge towards the exhaust....
Explains why the bugger is just a big flying wing tho- charge the 'leading edge' and you're reducing drag/friction over the entire aircraft

As to what someone had posted about 'cold' fusion- all of the posted experiments are showing an over unity of milliwatts gain to watts invested. I don't see THAT going into use in the aviation community any time soon...

NS

[edit on 29-1-2008 by neutralstance]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join