It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 months, 65 threads, 1000 posts and never and introduction.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Hi,

Welcome to my 1000 post roll-over, ATS midlife crisis. My name is snusfanatic. I call myself that because I'm absolutely addicted to sweedish snus. More frequently though, I'm addicted to ATS.

I discovered this site a little over a year ago. To be honest, I don't remember how. Most likely one of your personal stories ended up one of the many paranormal podcasts that I listen to and the shownotes brought me here.I do remember immediately starting an account and I've never left since.

My first post was about my families history of paranormal experiences that originally drew me to the subjects on this site. Since then I've spent increasing amounts of time here. Sometimes to critically think and put together/applaud good content. Other times, because this site has become a bit of a play ground and an escape for me.

I'm 24 going on 25 next spring. I'm getting out of lawschool soon and haven't found a job yet. Scary world out there. Lots of debt. Again, I think the escapist element of this site has been a huge factor in my participation lately. I also like classic video games (I'm almost always 1 or 2 console generations behind), writing, and making a vast array of music.

This is my 1001th post. And in many ways its a pledge. I'm going to be spending a lot less time on ATS in the coming days, weeks, months and years. When I saw I was getting near this point and never made an introduction, I began to think critically about my time on this site.

I'm going to withdraw in many ways. Maybe get on once a week. This site has been good to me and provided countless hours of entertainment. But only rarely do I find myself truly 'denying ignorance.' In politics I mostly just say what I already felt. In other topics I try to keep an open mind but can't help shutting my mind out to what I would call the patently absurd.

The one major change in my beliefs since I entered this site is that I now believe in big foot.
to many of you that probably signals a greater acceptance of ignorance. But ah-well.

From now on I'm going to make less and more substantive posts. No more hanging around. There's NOTHING wrong with hanging around here, on chat, etc. But for me I just want to focus on research and writing skills and try to deliver a stream of unique content when I find the time to craft truly masterful threads.

I'm snusfanatic and I'm addicted to ATS. Its made me smarter and a quicker thinker, more skeptical. But I also have an addictive personality and realize its time to cut back. Look forward to seeing you around.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

Hello,
You've been here longer than me and I have the chance to welcome you?!
I wish you the best in your endeavors.

new topics

join