It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What 11 November means to me...Duty, Honor, Country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I'm sitting here at 0250, I am looking at my pressed BDUs and spit shined boots, listening to semi patriotic music, mainly music about our soldiers, those that have gone to war, those that came home and those that never made it back,and I think with a sad smile of all of those soldiers that have gone on to the Final Pass in Review before me.
McArthur's Duty, Honor, Country was played at my Basic Training Ceremony, and NEVER fails to choke me up. That is about us, the soldier, sailor, marine, flyboy.

Its about every person that has raised their hand to protect this country and us as citizens. Its about those that have came home, wounded both mentally and physically, its about those that never came home, so that we are free today.
Whatever you do today, dont think about politics, because I really dont care about your political leaning, it does NOT matter what party side you take, you see a soldier in his uniform, or a grizzled veteran in his VFW cap, go up to him or her, shake their hand and thank them for their service.
If you want to come here and say soldiers are evil for following their orders I'm gonna tell you to stuff it where the sun dont shine, this is not a rant thread, this is a remembrance thread, save the drama for the rest of the forum.
If you have a story about a veteran ytou know, please post it, I'd love to hear it

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I'm slightly offended at being called a "Flyboy" Airman would have been more appropriate if we are really trying to honor present and past military personnel.

edit on 11-11-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Not only in the US but most of the Commonwealth shares this as Remembrance Day. A tribute to all:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Thank you Homer for your time bro! Lets all raise a toast to warriors past and present, those who came home and those who did not!
Somethings are not easily understood by those who never experienced it! Those of us who never served can not truly say we understand what our soldiers have gone through. Lets not take away the honor this day does for them by arguing the rights and wrongs.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Whaa dont be offended, we ALL took the SAME OATH all protected the SAME constitution, No offense was intended

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b6ba44d2e35d.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

join