It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese cargo ship missing off Japan ( and hello lol )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Sorry I couldnt post a new thread anywhere but here as I am too new - Im Di by the way.

However this has just come on msn news here In Australia - and hopefully It Is nothing to do with that strange missile and just coincidence - but wanted to post It anyway for anyone Interested.

Sorry for the weird Intro - and hope Im not banned now lol. Story from Australian chanel 9 news ( msn news ).

A cargo ship with 25 Chinese crew on board went missing off Japan's southern islands, with only five crew accounted for including one fatality, Japanese and Taiwanese coastguards said on Thursday.

Taiwanese maritime authorities informed Japan's coastguard that the Panamanian-registered ship went missing about 340 kilometres south of Iriomote island in the Pacific early on Wednesday, coastguard officials said.

The 17,000-tonne Nasco Diamond left Indonesia on November 4 for China carrying 55,000 tonnes of nickel.

A total of five crew members have so far been accounted for, Japanese officials said.

Japanese and Taiwanese patrol boats have recovered one body, rescued three crew members and found another in critical condition, the official said.

One of the rescued crew members was quoted as saying: "When I was in the engine room, water suddenly came in, and then I jumped into the sea wearing a life jacket."

The Japanese patrol boat also recovered a life raft floating about 28 kilometres southwest of the site, but found no one inside.

Japan's coastguard has dispatched patrol aircraft to the site, he added.

The coastguard spotted an oil slick on the surface of nearby waters, but has yet to find the vessel.

The area where the ship went missing is near a disputed island chain in the East China Sea where a Chinese fishing trawler collided with Japanese coastguard vessels in September, sparking a heated diplomatic dispute.

Japan's arrest of the Chinese captain sparked a barrage of protests from Beijing that continued even after Tokyo released him, with ties between the two sides deteriorating.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormflower007

Hello Di and welcome to the boards. Thanks for sharing that news report, any updates? I really don't know what to think about the "missile".

join