It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we view into the past--is time travel possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Hey everyone, this is my first thread, and i found something that might have been to interesting to some (it was definetely interesting to me)
Anyways, i was watching the discovery channel yesterday, watching the show daily planet, and they discussed a very cool invention.

It was basically a type of camera, that was hooked to a large ring kilometers in size, that was running electrical currents through almost at light speed. Im really not sure how, as it was very complicated, but this camera was capable of taking pictures of a scene a few seconds earlier. This may not be much, but once it is perfected, we may be able to look into the past.

Now i don't have a video or a link, as i could not find one, but i am looking and i will post anything as soon as i find one.

What do you guys think: Breakthrough invention, or load of garbage that will never work?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AuirOverrun

First of all, great username. FOR AUIR!

I have viewed the past before. It was really intense and I have tried to replicate it with to no avail.

So the one and only time I looked into the past was when I found a box of tealight candles in my house. I decided to light one of the candles, and it just felt right to make a triangle around it using my fingers.

I layed down doing this, made a triangle around it, and then closed my eyes...

I fell into a very deep meditation, and the only part of my body I could feel was the light warmth of the candlelight by my fingers...

It was at this moment that I was in a different body, of a person doing the same thing with another candle in another point in time...

It was an Egyptian girl, around my age... She was in a pyramid, with her only source of light being her candle... She was gazing into the future, and I was gazing into the past, and we were both aware of each other.

It was a truly trippy moment.

Nice thread dude. Hope you enjoyed the story.

-SES

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

cool story....is that some kind of meditation?? Or was that some sort of random thing you decided to do....
Or were you just on drugs??

but hopefully if this time-camera thingy works, then maybe everyone will be able to replicate this experience (well, except for the girl being aware of you)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
All you can view is the past.
If you look at the stars, you are looking into the past, even the Sun is eight whole minutes older than it looks.

The real question is: "Can we effect the past?".. not your own, but an infinite number of other yous'
edit on 11-11-2010 by myster0 because: grandma

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by myster0

the stars arent right here...they are millions of light years away from us.Things that happen on this planet do not take millions of light years to reach us. Yes, the cosmos give us a glimpse of the past in space, But can you see what happened 200 years ago at the palace of versailes?? Do you know exactly how primitive peoples lived their lives? the answer is no, which is why this machine is being developed. We are looking into the past when we look at the stars, but not when we look at the earth beneath us.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Even the light bouncing off the end of your nose takes time to reach your eye.
Viewing the past is quite easy:

1) Invent FTL-Drive
2) Launch a Telescope twice the distance in light years (and move sideways so you don't obstruct your view)
3) Zoom in on Earth
4) Profit

It's only a matter of time before we create mini black-holes.
Maintaining and focusing them after their creation is the challenge, I think.
edit on 11-11-2010 by myster0 because: santa clauses

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuirOverrun
Hey everyone, this is my first thread, and i found something that might have been to interesting to some (it was definetely interesting to me)
Anyways, i was watching the discovery channel yesterday, watching the show daily planet, and they discussed a very cool invention.

It was basically a type of camera, that was hooked to a large ring kilometers in size, that was running electrical currents through almost at light speed. Im really not sure how, as it was very complicated, but this camera was capable of taking pictures of a scene a few seconds earlier. This may not be much, but once it is perfected, we may be able to look into the past.

Now i don't have a video or a link, as i could not find one, but i am looking and i will post anything as soon as i find one.

What do you guys think: Breakthrough invention, or load of garbage that will never work?

I'd like to have a camera that could help me find the TV remote.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
imagine this in court. you could have evidence of any crime by simply taking a picture of it after the fact.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

That's a very interesting story SolarE-Souljah. What color was your teacandle? Did you lay down on a wooden floor, or on a bed, or what? What time of day did you do it? What season or month of the year was it? What direction was your body turned to?

One time in the evening I saw an entire city on the surface of some water. I was looking down on the city and it was full of skyscrapers. I was looking down into the water from the North and the water was to the South. I could see the city very clearly, and I could make out the buildings very clearly. Unfortunately I swished the water with my hand and then the city was gone. I have tried to recreate that experience, but it has never happened again.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
last time I checked, any picture taken by a camera is already in the past once you view it. Now a camera that could take pictures of the future would be cool

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Its all about the frequencie,ghost are captured but humans dont know that its in the flash cube.its all about the sound if u rule sound u can rule or get into anything.

top topics

join