It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Announces Televised Chandra News Conference - "exceptional object in our cosmic neighborhood"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Does anyone really think NASA would schedule a news conference to announced proof of ET life, or a danger to planet Earth? That would be the Presidents job. At most were probably looking at a discovery of an interesting phenomena in space. Not boring at all to space enthusiasts like myself but I doubt that's what ATS is on the look out for.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
discovery of the "space goat farts" ?

wasn't that one of the keyword webbot thingy last year or early this year
that it kept repeating?

other then that, I'm going to have to post a note to remind myself to hit their web page up
at that time.

My cat thinks its either his missing mouse toy or the rest of the cat people coming to take over
I don't know he's got this thing for world domination.

WUT? THAR R MOAR KITTEHS IN SPACE? TEH REVOLUSHUN BEGINS! IZ MUST IMPLEMENT OPERASHUN:MORRIS!

thus spake kittythustra.

This is gonna be sooooo bad.

"This supernova/quasar thingie is brought to you by the new BP. BP. Beyond pollution"

edit on 11/11/10 by felonius because: add

edit on 11/11/10 by felonius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It may be helpful to look at what Chandra has been looking at since 1999:

chandra.harvard.edu...

Some interesting pictures, closest one I found was 1,400 light years away (a quick run-through, I may have missed one 'closer'). My point being, Chandra doesn't seem to be looking at our moon, it has it's sights set out quite a bit farther.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I cannot make a new thread because I am fairly new, but there is something going on in the sky southeast of where I live, which is upstate NY. I apologize for posting a reply about this here but I have never seen a UFO or anything out of the ordinary in the night sky until now. Looks very similar to a star but it is pulsating red, green and yellow lights. The object is very far off in the distance and looks almost like a star. I have dialed in on it with my telescope and it is defiantly not atmospheric interference causing the color, there is something there!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
[img]
[/img]

the moon is in our cosmic neighborhood
if i didn't know any better, I would say that this looks like it's blotting out some sort of rock formation...
or statue....
like a Sphinx...
the Sphinx is pretty exceptional
but i think any deliberate rock formation or statue discovered on the moon would pretty much qualify as exceptional
it could be anything or nothing, you know, sort of like a Rorschash censor-blot ;o)
or, it could be something completely unrelated to the moon and whatever China is currently clucking and chirping about in that regard
edit on 11-11-2010 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

If NASA is going to confess to buildings on the moon now, based on revelations in Chinese photographs of areas that NASA has undoubtedly photographed before, they'll have a lot to explain and no one will ever trust them again. NASA would take the heat for any cover-up and resignations will be expected.

This inevitable result makes disclosure of this kind about the moon highly unlikely.
edit on 11-11-2010 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kennedy13

You are seeing Sirius - Since it is low on the horizon it has to pass through more atmosphere causing refraction of the light, which gives the twinkling and color, look at the sky charts or load up Stellarium.

I just came home from the observatory and it was beautiful!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Whoever posted that moon pic from china, is wrong.
How do I know? Because I have never seen rice birds!

Seriously though, anything that in anyway related to the word RICE and Cosmic Neighborhood is this PDF file from rice.edu (A university). Oddly enough the PDF file talks about possibility of comets hitting our Earth. Now that is the rice birds out of the way, lets try and find out what NASA is so excited about.

Im thinking, Asteroid/Comet/Planetoid.

Wondering what range/distance of the term Cosmic Neighborhood is?

Here are a few links of things currently in our Cosmic neighborhood that I found on Google:

1) Rouge Brown Dwarf Lurks in Our Cosmic Neighborhood. - 10 light years (632 396.717AU)

2) The Rice.edu PDF file from above which includes 99942 Apophis. - 0.09666 AU (14.4 million km) of the Earth in 2013. Which is 1.52847093 × 10-6 lightyears for all those "light year fans" lol.

Ah, interesting; as I type this I have found something. Take a look at this:
WormholeStargates-Tunneling-Through-The-Cosmic-Nei ghborhood .

This book is a really great gold mine, the gamma rays that were discovered recently....LOOKS LIKE THE TRAVERSABLE WORMHOLE that is described within this free book. Check it out!!

Could this discovery be a wormhole? The blackhole and the gamma rays...is this what NASA is going to present? The presence of a wormhole in our Cosmic Neighborhood?

Okay I found another link to back up my theory that NASA is going to announce its a wormhole
(i hope)

Chandra, who discovered this and will announce this, has this information on its site talking exactly about Wormholes being Traversable!

Q&A: Black Holes

Q:
Are worm holes traversable?

A:
If a large enough wormhole existed, it would allow almost instantaneous movement to another part of the universe. Certainly, Jodie Foster was able to do it in the movie Contact and it happens routinely in other science fiction movies, TV programs and novels.

A wormhole is a hypothetical type of tunnel consisting of two entrance holes that resemble black holes. The entrance holes can be far apart, yet connected by a tube that extends through hyperspace.

The only way to keep a wormhole from collapsing immediately is to fill it with negative energy. Positive energy will not do, because in general relativity energy equals mass, and hence more gravity, which would close up the wormhole. Negative energy is permitted by quantum theory, and its effects have been observed in the laboratory.

However, when negative energy is created it must obey three conditions:

1. The longer the pulse of negative energy, the weaker the amount
2. A negative energy pulse must be followed by a positive energy pulse to balance the books
3. As the interval between the negative and positive energy pulses increases, the positive energy pulse must be larger.

So, in order to hold a wormhole open long enough for space travel, an incredible amount of negative energy would be required. For example, it has been estimated that to create a wormhole with a diameter one millionth the size of a proton, wormhole engineers would need negative energy equivalent in magnitude to the energy generated by ten billion suns in one year. As you can see, this would be a very expensive way to travel!

Source Link

Traversable Wormhole:

The new Gamma Rays discovered:

Is this a wormhole that is about form in the center of our galaxy?

I dont know, its late and I need to go to bed now. Since its the Twilight hours, I might aswell add that if this was a wormhole, I wonder what or who would be at the other end

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
NASA " We have discovered something truly astounding, amazing, wonderful. But we don't know what it is, or whats causing it. So we'll hold a press conference for the world to tell them this new information, that we have NO new information, I remember when we told the world about water on the moon, that was a corker that one , how we laughed in the office."

No real information I'm guessing from Never A Straight Answer.
edit on 12/11/10 by DataWraith because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

They wouldn't allow the President to say anything, after all at the present moment no one believes a word the guy says do they? and why does everyone think that to tell the world something really important that 'the president' would have to say it, he's not the leader of the world is he?
And to the masses a scientist in no matter what field is a very intelligent guy and wouldn't lie right?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

You're right. If this is truly something important, and they want people to believe it, they would have to use people with some credibility in this field, so they wouldn't use the President.

What's the bet that whatever it is, it will be used to scare people?

edit on 12/11/10 by NuclearPaul because: typo

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree
Here it is. Not too exciting, imo.

NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory has observed an unusual galaxy cluster that contains a bright core of relatively cool gas surrounding a quasar called 3C 186. This is the most distant such object yet observed,

Nasa

Well it could be I suppose but I wouldn't have thought that the most distant object yet observed could be described as being "in the neighborhood."

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Maybe they will reveal finding a new planet or dwarf planet within our solar system. Then again it could be as many people suggested, something to instill fear among the population. I'm hoping it's something cool though.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
closest one I found was 1,400 light years away (a quick run-through, I may have missed one 'closer'). My point being, Chandra doesn't seem to be looking at our moon, it has it's sights set out quite a bit farther.

There's a picture of Jupiter in the gallery; showing x-ray emissions at the poles -- so it would appear that Chandra can indeed take pictures of objects a mere 40 light minutes or so away... Still, I think they would have said "solar system" instead of "cosmic neighborhood" if the object they hint-at was so nearby. To me, the term "cosmic neighborhood" implies an intergalactic scale.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennedy13
I cannot make a new thread because I am fairly new, but there is something going on in the sky southeast of where I live, which is upstate NY. I apologize for posting a reply about this here but I have never seen a UFO or anything out of the ordinary in the night sky until now. Looks very similar to a star but it is pulsating red, green and yellow lights. The object is very far off in the distance and looks almost like a star. I have dialed in on it with my telescope and it is defiantly not atmospheric interference causing the color, there is something there!

I saw the same thing a few nights back in the UK.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I think NASA is going to ask for something ?..
something that mysteriously evaporated in the last couple of years. I think they have some questions to some funding dona-tors about rectangular and maybe some round objects spotted.. But couldn't retrieve because of budget cuts...!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisintel
I would imagine that if they found anything truly earth shattering, such as proof of alien life or an alien artifact somewhere in the solar system, then the president would be giving the press conference and not NASA.... if NASA is giving the press conference then although it may be interesting to most on these boards it will be disappointing.

I disagree. When they were announcing the discovery of and testing of the Mars rock found in the Antarctic, if I remember correctly it was NASA holding the press conferences first regarding clarification and confirmation before it went to the President.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
It may be helpful to look at what Chandra has been looking at since 1999:

chandra.harvard.edu...

Some interesting pictures, closest one I found was 1,400 light years away (a quick run-through, I may have missed one 'closer'). My point being, Chandra doesn't seem to be looking at our moon, it has it's sights set out quite a bit farther.

Thanks for finding this link! Some spectacular pictures there!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Wasn`t there a worldwide small quake last week? ....maybe it's the emp from betelgeuse going super nova.

""""Scientists already know that the core collapse phenomenon does alter the gravity realities in that area of the Cosmos and one of the side effects is a single large or multiple smaller gravity waves depending on how the core collapsed, tried to resist collapse, etc. Those are shock waves that precede or coincide with the thermonuclear blast wave that defines the Supernova event.
That would be an electromagnetic pulse, or 'EMP' that is mentioned later in this essay.

That gravity wave would probably not be felt on Earth due to the atmosphere and the amount of water we have that would dampen the jolt. If it is felt it would probably be like a planet-wide mild earthquake tremor. It might make the water tremble slightly in your glass but out in the emptiness of our Solar System it could be like a massive bulldozer.

Such a gravity wave would definitely have an effect in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter and in the Kuiper Belt and Oort Cloud outside of the Pluto orbit. It might also be powerful enough to create a 'nudge' to the planetary orbits, especially the smaller planets and that could be very disruptive. If strong enough it could even create an oscillation or warping in the orbits of all nine planets and disrupt the equilibrium. We do not need to be any closer or any further away from the Sun."""""

www.rense.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

Your right ZC this is about just raw data that is awesome to take in. No need to get excited about coverups that we all know are going on elsewhere. This is just purely scientific nerd euphoria! Bubbles that appear to be roughly 180 degrees apart? That could and probably will be a paradigm changer for astronomers. Star and Flag this for sure!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join