It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Announces Televised Chandra News Conference - "exceptional object in our cosmic neighborhood"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
when will be the press conference in CET time ?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I think we all need to end the speculation and wait until Monday.I get the funny feeling we will all be a little disappointed when it happens.Nasa has a tendancy to over blow their findings because they are all such space geeks and a micro meteor to them is worth holding a press conference for.But I hope its something we can sink our teeth into.I am personally interested in seeing if we do in fact live in a binary system and this will be the admission finally.Then that would give credence to Nirubu.But that might even be a stretch for me.
My best and most likely geuss is the bubble discovery though.So we'll just have to hold our breath and wait and see.Cross your fingers.
Peace.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Gixxer

MEDIA ADVISORY : M10-157

Media representatives may attend the conference, join by phone or ask questions from participating NASA locations. To RSVP or obtain dial-in information, journalists must send their name, affiliation and telephone number to Trent Perrotto at: [email protected] by 10 a.m. EST on Nov. 15. Reporters wishing to attend the conference in-person must have a valid press credential for access. Non-U.S. media also must bring passports.

It wont just be on NASA TV

I mean thats the reason they announced it.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kronnikx

Non-U.S. media also must bring passports.
So this conference is worthy of global news coverage?
How often do NASA hold conferences in this manner?

Intrigued

Edit to add:

From what I understand, ordinary NASA news releases are done through their press centre to a list of media outlets, kind of by the back-channel. Why would they post an invite like this? All very strange.
edit on 11-11-2010 by HelionPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelionPrime
reply to post by kronnikx

Non-U.S. media also must bring passports.
So this conference is worthy of global news coverage?
How often do NASA hold conferences in this manner?

Intrigued

Does anyone remember what Nasa's last big press conference was about? My memory is failing me at the moment.Was it when they crashed that satellite on the moon? I'm sorry I'm a little slow at the moment and cant think of what it was.Any help?
Peace.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Wasn't it not so long ago that something was speeding towards our neighbourhood a mystery object or something?
I myself will go with either a Black Hole or some other cosmic event of equal interest.........Like stated by previous posters, they wouldn't wait for Monday with Life Changing News......
Unless they are recording said mystery as we speak.....I have the page ready for Monday thank you OP. S+F for bringing it to my attention.
edit on 11-11-2010 by DreamerOracle because: errors

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
Wasn't it not so long ago that something was speeding towards our neighbourhood a mystery object or something?
I myself will go with either a Black Hole or some other cosmic event of equal interest.........Like stated by previous posters, they wouldn't wait for Monday with Life Changing News......
Unless they are recording said mystery as we speak.....I have the page ready for Monday thank you OP. S+F for bringing it to my attention.
edit on 11-11-2010 by DreamerOracle because: errors

Here is the actual link to the Chandra page.
www.nasa.gov...

Anyone of these latest discoveries listed here could be what the press conference is about.
I agree with you, if it was a critical discovery, they wouldnt wait until monday to announce it.I personally believe it will be a great announcement, but nothing that will change life on this planet as we know it.At least not yet.But hey, I've been wrong before.
Peace.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

If it was something that was very critical they would not announce it all until it was about to happen. I think they would wait because they would cause absolute chaos in the world.

They would still need time to get the chosen ones into the bunkers without interference lol.

Just saying IMO.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhadamanthus

If it was something that was very critical they would not announce it all until it was about to happen. I think they would wait because they would cause absolute chaos in the world.

They would still need time to get the chosen ones into the bunkers without interference lol.

Just saying IMO.

Ya , your point is valid too.Three days to get TPTB in their bunkers.?
We would know though before the weekend even came, because relatives and people with a consience would leak it .Who knows.But my gut tells me it will be anticlimactic at best.
Still it would be nice to have something profound announced, even if it was a pending cosmic event, something other than all the same old world drama, wars, rumours of war,hunger, unemployment, rising costs of everything, new world order,....we need something to change the state we are all in.Peace.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
if nasa has not invited world press before then surely it is big news. i think they wouldn't just broadcast the news straght away but invite all the worlds press so the news can be broadcast live to all countries at the same time in their native tongue. plus if reporters are there then they can ask questions which couldnt be done if it was just nasa broadcasting it. this could be earth changing.

prob not but i hope it is

i still think space bubbles

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I agree. Hope it is something really cool and interesting.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Like I said in a previous, we may be able to take a better guess as to what is going to be revealed. Here is a quote about Chandra's mission:

NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory, which was launched and deployed by Space Shuttle Columbia on July 23, 1999, is the most sophisticated X-ray observatory built to date. Chandra is designed to observe X-rays from high-energy regions of the universe, such as the remnants of exploded stars. The two images of the Crab Nebula supernova remnant and its pulsar shown below illustrate how higher resolution can reveal important new features.

About Chandra

High energy regions? Hmmmm... Could be anything really.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhadamanthus

I agree. Hope it is something really cool and interesting.

Yeah, something cool , but not this.Enjoy.
Peace.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 11-11-2010 by mark1167 because: typo

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetsuo
www.nasa.gov...

Nov. 10, 2010
Trent Perrotto
Headquarters, Washington

MEDIA ADVISORY : M10-157 - NASA Announces Televised Chandra News Conference

WASHINGTON -- NASA will hold a news conference at 12:30 p.m. EST on Monday, Nov. 15, to discuss the Chandra X-ray Observatory's discovery of an exceptional object in our cosmic neighborhood.

The news conference will originate from NASA Headquarters' television studio, 300 E St. SW in Washington and carried live on NASA TV.

Media representatives may attend the conference, join by phone or ask questions from participating NASA locations. To RSVP or obtain dial-in information, journalists must send their name, affiliation and telephone number to Trent Perrotto at: [email protected] by 10 a.m. EST on Nov. 15. Reporters wishing to attend the conference in-person must have a valid press credential for access. Non-U.S. media also must bring passports.

Scientists involved in the research will be available to answer questions. Panelists providing analysis of the research include:
- Jon Morse, director, Astrophysics Division, NASA Headquarters in Washington
- Kimberly Weaver, astrophysicist, NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md.
- Alex Filippenko, astrophysicist, University of California, Berkeley

For NASA TV streaming video, downlink and further information, visit:
www.nasa.gov...

For more information about NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory, visit:
www.nasa.gov...
chandra.harvard.edu...

I emailed the author and asked about more info - I will post if I get a reply.

Thanks interesting, please see the links to the Bio's of the three panelists mentioned, seems two of the panelists have stated "Black holes" as areas of expertise and interest.

asd.gsfc.nasa.gov...
astro.berkeley.edu...
science.nasa.gov...

Very smart people by the sounds of it....

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
EDIT: Sorry, I seemed to have skipped ahead too much and ignored the 'exceptional object in our universe' part. Apologies...
edit on 11/11/10 by Apophis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I am in agreement with most postings as of late,.
I don't think this will be about a small meteor
Or some random space junk.
Really, why would the NASA create such an invitation.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Apophis

But the topic of discussion is "something" in our universe.
Not the space shuttle

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

This is my first reply, so hello everyone.

Just a quick note:- people are saying TPTB would announce this should it be big news, but isn't Obama currently touring ASIA at this moment in time, along with a lot of other World heavyweight leaders. I also believe a lot of the Financial movers and shakers have gone as well.

Many thanks

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I suppose these could be related www.abovetopsecret.com...

In the case you want to see a connection, that is...

Thought it was worth pointing out, the very least.

Well, will be looking forward to Monday anyway.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apophis
I haven't read through the entire thread, but surely someone's mentioned by now that this could be as simple as them saying they're not going to send any more space shuttles up and end the program where it stands. Its a 30 year old program that has changed humanity in a lot of ways due to all the recent problems and delays. I think that's worthy of a global news conference..

You could be right.No one has mentioned this at all here.Even me.Good job.It could be as simple as that, but they did announce "an exceptional Object in our cosmic neighbourhood".So they could tag the shuttle announcement on top of the original claim but I think it will be a dry and long winded press conference about the bubbles.
But we can always hope its something big and world changing because of the way they want world press involved.The fact they wont be taking questions peaks my interest though, because that means they will be announcing something big, but really dont have all the answers as to what might happen regarding it.So its the best news story IMO in days.Peace.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join