It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Announces Televised Chandra News Conference - "exceptional object in our cosmic neighborhood"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Maybe I missed something, when exacltly is this Press Conf.? I would like to put it in my DVR, but I didn't catch the time.

I would think that this Press thingy would be something totally different than the already released Chandra discoveries.

Makes sense, I mean why release a written statement all about something and then a press conference saying "We found some super cool object guys, you'll never guess what it is!"

This has to be something totally new, looking forward to hearing about it for sure!

Duh, first line of OP gave the time, lol, excuse my reading retention skills!
edit on 11-11-2010 by Springheel Jack because: Lack of reading ability

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pinkstarbuck

I don't think they would do it immediately. They would have to make some very calculated responses. IMO

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
In regards to this post and the link to these images www.chnqiang.com... I did a google translate from the Chinese source and it seems that they found something on the moon.

I could be wrong but this was announced by Chinese Media 2 days ago. Here is the translation

CPC Central Committee, Central Military Commission of the Chang'e II Engineering Task message sent success and celebration, held will be a very high standard, and Premier Wen Jiabao to attend the opening photo. Such a high specification, such a grand celebration, unusual, absolutely story. Grapevine, broke the news broke out, the roadside community news, Chang'e lunar exploration that NASA discovered the mysterious object and the same. That found in the moon thing incredible birds, produced a huge internal differences, the leaders of the state came to see, and it is the TMD of the shock, fear people finally know what rice birds, which has a heavyweight other People want to open, but the opposition is powerful!

No idea what it means except its interesting that they say found on the moon and SHOCK, FEAR and incredible birds.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dorfdad
In regards to this post and the link to these images www.chnqiang.com... I did a google translate from the Chinese source and it seems that they found something on the moon.

I could be wrong but this was announced by Chinese Media 2 days ago. Here is the translation

CPC Central Committee, Central Military Commission of the Chang'e II Engineering Task message sent success and celebration, held will be a very high standard, and Premier Wen Jiabao to attend the opening photo. Such a high specification, such a grand celebration, unusual, absolutely story. Grapevine, broke the news broke out, the roadside community news, Chang'e lunar exploration that NASA discovered the mysterious object and the same. That found in the moon thing incredible birds, produced a huge internal differences, the leaders of the state came to see, and it is the TMD of the shock, fear people finally know what rice birds, which has a heavyweight other People want to open, but the opposition is powerful!

No idea what it means except its interesting that they say found on the moon and SHOCK, FEAR and incredible birds.

Finally disclosure? Guess not

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Well I for one am terribly afraid that people will finally know what rice birds (which have a heavyweight People want to open) will face as far as powerful opposition!

edit on 11/11/2010 by YourPopRock because: Looked like I had typed with my toes!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
while I'm interested to hear about any type of galactic news, I'm not too interested in having to hear what NASA "let's blow up the moon" has to say.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kronnikx

bumps and lumps on the moon? whooooaaaa! not exactly an exceptional object tho is it? if this is it then i will be highly dissapointed

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It's probably the bubbles:

blogs.nature.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IamCorrect

I think that was a contribution from Fermi. I don't know for sure if they work together or not but the article clearly states it was found by the Chandra X-ray Observatory.
edit on 11-11-2010 by Rhadamanthus because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2010 by Rhadamanthus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthd840
They are talking about the Gamma Ray Bubbles bulging out the center of our galaxy. intereseting to hear what they will say

I say both. IMHO the bubbles are a reaction from other gravitational forces.
Kinda like ice shards in ice cube trays.
I'm gonna watch this one for sure. Hey I may try to be there!

OK reread and I can't be there. Poo. Someone want to borrow a press pass?
edit on 11-11-2010 by DaWhiz because: Just saw the time n can't physically be there!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

For some reason reading about black hole. Got me thinking about the ancient spirals carved on
them rocks. Not to mention all the weird weather and the earth crust on the move.
Other things the word of God. The bottom-less pit or hell. Jesus is the light of the world. Does everything end in a black hole. Except those who believe in the son of man? Oh well, my mind is out for a drive today

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dorfdad

"That found in the moon thing incredible birds, produced a huge internal differences, the leaders of the state came to see, and it is the TMD of the shock, fear people finally know what rice birds, which has a heavyweight other People want to open, but the opposition is powerful!"

brilliant!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

What am I looking for in the pictures?Those pics just look like old nasa pics with structures blurred out.Are the chinese blurring their pictures too? I'm confused.Someone enlighten me please.
Thanks.Peace.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

The image that was blurred WAS an image NASA released.. The Chinese were saying they found objects that NASA has known about and used that as an example of the cover-up.. They also said they have been discussing what they found with NASA and it sparked an internal debate. I'm thinking maybe they are holding onto the info until it has been disclosed. Also, is it just me or do a couple of those "lumps" look a bit like really big wasp nests? lol.
edit on 11-11-2010 by kronnikx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Maybe it's the last "zero" on the cost over-run for the James Webb Space Telescope.

Seriously though, I agree with the guys thinking bubbles.

Most likely related to the gamma-ray bubbles seen by Fermi since x-rays and gramma rays are adjacent at the high frequency end of the EM spectrum. Being a spectrum I'd imagine the capabilities of Chandra and Fermi overlap somewhat, so maybe Chandra can add extra detail to the Fermi bubbles.

Maybe holding a TV event about it will help drum up some funding, which ALL of NASA needs desperately. Bring the Fermi guys to the party too.

Will make Monday worth looking forward to...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

My guess is that they are about to show what was blurred in those Clementine pics ,
with their own new pictures of the moon...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but isn't Chandra supposed to detect extremely hot objects? So whatever NASA is going to announce has to have a heat signature right or maybe something that is near a hot object and was detected by being close to it? Hmmmm...

Maybe it's something along the lines compared to how we used to find exoplanets - seeing a wobble on a star from a large planet orbiting the star. Except in this case it's not about exoplanets... Or is it?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
every action has an equal and oppisite reaction, and nothing is ever truely destoryed, these "bubbles" are much like exaust from an engine, the engine being the blackhole in the center of the milky way.

All the matter is merely transfered into another form and the bubbles are just whats leftover from this transformed matter (matter is transformed into dark matter which expands the universe as we know it, but dark matter leaves resiude in many such forms.

It is wonderful though that we have come so far compared to our neanderthulic ancestors, whom lived in caves only wondering what was out there in the cosmos, and modern day, we are learning what is out there, i feel greatly honoured to be living in this time, when infact we are visting other worlds (variour probes flying across the solar system, and studing the universe in ways never thought possible)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
reply to post by kronnikx

bumps and lumps on the moon? whooooaaaa! not exactly an exceptional object tho is it? if this is it then i will be highly dissapointed

It can't be about the moon. They wouldn't use the term "cosmic neighborhood" for something about the moon, and that's not what Chandra is for, either.
edit on 11-11-2010 by IamCorrect because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
its being shown on nasa tv, in my opinion anything ground breaking would be on every channel so dont get your hopes up guys.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join