It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jonathan Reed affair on tom'w's Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files on Syfy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
A few minutes ago, while watching "Hollywood Treasure" there was a promo for tomorrow evening. A show titled
Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files on Syfy (Time Warner Cable Ch. 17)
Thursday, Nov. 11, 2010
NEW. (2010) Sasquatch Sprint/Alien Attacker

The promo showed that the team was going to tackle the (Jonathan) Reed affair which has been threaded here and here is a link to a 2008 thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't think that the FoF
F team is really going to do justice to this shameful affair because the team might treat it like a real event. But I hope I'm wrong.

Additionally, it seems very few know that the alleged craft that is shown in the photos and in tomorrow's show resembles a logo that a Japanese man had on his letterhead and/or business card. I've lost track of that but, again, I don't think that the team is going to address that also.

I'm not crazy about the show.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I love the show. Everyone has these theories for alternative explanations to the popular paranormal videos but this group seems to be the only ones out there putting those theories to the test. I can't wait to check out this episode.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Update: In case I am the only one to have seen the show, here's the rundown... They very easily replicated the video, including the alien's look, its blinking, and the floating ship/obelisk (supported by a hidden pipe). It looked even more realistic than Reed's video actually. Afterwords, they ran Reed's statements through voice analysis software which concluded that he was making false statements.

And they also replicated the Bigfoot video to a nearly exact duplicate. It was concluded that the video was a hoax, but they did not believe the family that took the video were the perpetrators. They did an investigation nearby, with Bill circling above the forest on a plane and Austin and Chi-Lan on the ground. An unknown heat signature of a large animal was located nearby, but it moved too fast for them to get close enough to identify the animal.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

In support to your review here is the video segment.
More of the episode in this YouTube user channel.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I saw it last night as I nodded away on the couch. Woke up just enough to see the half hour part concerning Reed. Sure they had some effects expert make an alien dummy that looked something like Reed's alien. I don't think it looked near as real as Reed's alien. They didn't show any of Reeds photos of the alien. Yes, the did have the dummy's eyes moving but they moved obviously animated. They made a mock up of the "obelisk" but theirs leaned at a odd angle. They thought it was just as good though.

So far I was not impressed but the end of the segment got really bad and showed they really were not interested in finding the truth but only pushing an agenda. The asked Reed a few questions and analyzed his words through a computer which of course began saying Reed was lying. So now computers can tell by the sound of your voice if you are lying? Well, then the guy gets in Reeds face and accuses him of lying and making the whole thing up.

This program is so full of BS. Nothing they did not proved a damn thing yet they were quick to call Reed a liar. I say go ahead and prove Reeds a liar but how about real proof. Just because an effects guy can make an alien similar to Reeds does not in any way prove that's what Reed did.
edit on 12-11-2010 by Unknown Origin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Wow, I hadn't thought about that Reed hoax in years, but I liked and found it interesting how the show re-created such a likeness of the video.

If I remember correctly, the Reed video came out about the same time, but after, the Alien Autopsy video. So it proved to be a moneymaker for Mr. Reed, And when you got a good thing going, you're going to believe the heck out of it, to either keep up the hoax or until you really have it in your mind that it is real.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I think this is a hoax as well, nothing remains of anything? 'They' took it, how convenient, they didnt take Reed, just the body...you'd think 'they' would take him as well to keep him quiet....
edit on 11/12/2010 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Origin
I saw it last night as I nodded away on the couch. Woke up just enough to see the half hour part concerning Reed. Sure they had some effects expert make an alien dummy that looked something like Reed's alien. I don't think it looked near as real as Reed's alien. They didn't show any of Reeds photos of the alien. Yes, the did have the dummy's eyes moving but they moved obviously animated. They made a mock up of the "obelisk" but theirs leaned at a odd angle. They thought it was just as good though.

So far I was not impressed but the end of the segment got really bad and showed they really were not interested in finding the truth but only pushing an agenda. The asked Reed a few questions and analyzed his words through a computer which of course began saying Reed was lying. So now computers can tell by the sound of your voice if you are lying? Well, then the guy gets in Reeds face and accuses him of lying and making the whole thing up.

This program is so full of BS. Nothing they did not proved a damn thing yet they were quick to call Reed a liar. I say go ahead and prove Reeds a liar but how about real proof. Just because an effects guy can make an alien similar to Reeds does not in any way prove that's what Reed did.

I think that show destroyed its own credibility to be quite honest. They definitely had an agenda. Larry says LETS EXPOSE THIS. That sadly was clue no.1 they had a predetermined agenda. Its sad when you have real encounters like Jonathan Reeds and you have to put up with everyone trying to make people believe you are lying and they make up phoney LVAs results to make people think you are lying. :::smh:::

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I wholeheartedly agree. I watched this show last night with my dad. We then argued for about half an hour after the show regarding it's content. He's a born skeptic... I'm more open-minded.

With that said, I'm still on the fence regarding the reed case. This episode of FoF was a decent one. I enjoyed their big foot analysis and agree that it could have easily been hoaxed. However that doesn't mean it necessarily was. The one thing I can't stand about this show is that if they can recreate the event they immediately call it a hoax. Just because you can recreate something doesn't falsify the source. With enough money and time ANYTHING can be recreated.

The blinking eyes of their dummy model looked incredibly fake, while Reed's "Alien" blinked far more convincingly. They even pointed out during the episode how much of an undertaking this would have been for a single man. Also keep in mind that whatever "potentially" operated Reed's Alien's eyes, contained very complex servos... and this video is how old??

If anything this episode of FoF shoved me off the fence towards believing Reed. Yes they recreated an Obelisk and it did look hella sweet. But it didn't look anything like Reed's Obelisk. Reed's didn't show depth and appeared more Jet Black. FoF's Obelisk showed a geometric shape and looked a lot more fake than Reed's.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cigar

I wholeheartedly agree. I watched this show last night with my dad. We then argued for about half an hour after the show regarding it's content. He's a born skeptic... I'm more open-minded.

With that said, I'm still on the fence regarding the reed case. This episode of FoF was a decent one. I enjoyed their big foot analysis and agree that it could have easily been hoaxed. However that doesn't mean it necessarily was. The one thing I can't stand about this show is that if they can recreate the event they immediately call it a hoax. Just because you can recreate something doesn't falsify the source. With enough money and time ANYTHING can be recreated.

The blinking eyes of their dummy model looked incredibly fake, while Reed's "Alien" blinked far more convincingly. They even pointed out during the episode how much of an undertaking this would have been for a single man. Also keep in mind that whatever "potentially" operated Reed's Alien's eyes, contained very complex servos... and this video is how old??

If anything this episode of FoF shoved me off the fence towards believing Reed. Yes they recreated an Obelisk and it did look hella sweet. But it didn't look anything like Reed's Obelisk. Reed's didn't show depth and appeared more Jet Black. FoF's Obelisk showed a geometric shape and looked a lot more fake than Reed's.

Ummmm, Fact or Fake's "Obelisk" looked like it needed to hit the gym and do 5 miles around the track and 500 situps before it looked anywhere near the Obelisk seen in Dr. Reeds video. Im sorry, just because you can dress up in a Buba Fett Halloween costume doesnt mean your Buba Fett from the movie star wars. Oh and the voice analysist bull#. Please dude. That # was rigged. The reason you know it was rigged is because Ben says Jonathan youre not being truthful. How in the # would Ben know that if he was not aware of the results before even seeing them. UNLESS they rigged the # in their favor. Sorry dudes Fact or Fake Failed. Maybe they should call their show FACT OR FAILED at trying to Debunk Reed.
Oh yeah by the way, Reed has pictures of his Obelisk from the opposing side that FoF claimed was a prop holding it up. Yeah, so I guess we can confirmed they FAILED horribly.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I didn't remember anything about the case until I was reminded of it by the show last night, so I wasn't already biased about it before seeing it. The quality of the video was poor but I thought comparatively, Larry's alien looked more convincing.

Larry says LETS EXPOSE THIS. That sadly was clue no.1 they had a predetermined agenda.

You are mistaken. Bill says "No matter what the outcome, it needs to be exposed." As in, if this is real then the public needs to know, if it's a hoax then it needs to be put to rest. Watching the beginning, I really don't get the feeling that they have already made up their minds about the case. Larry even sounds excited saying, "If this is real, this is awesome!"

The asked Reed a few questions and analyzed his words through a computer which of course began saying Reed was lying. So now computers can tell by the sound of your voice if you are lying? Well, then the guy gets in Reeds face and accuses him of lying and making the whole thing up.

Layered voice analysis is a real thing. I think he mentioned that they use Nemesysco. The science behind it seems a little controversial but I just wanted to point out it's not something they just made up for the show.

Ben Hansen has some kind of background in criminal investigations and was involved with the FBI at some point, he may be trained to notice facial cues that are associated with lying. I am just assuming. I think he was trying to push Reed to see if he stuck with his story and he inevitably did. I honestly cannot conceive of any reason they would be pushed to discredit Reed. It's not like this show would make any difference.

I think if anyone really disagrees with the outcome they should write to Syfy. They have been sometimes responsive to me in the past. I think all the cast is on twitter too.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
For all of you who think Reed is not a hoaxer, reed
every word here!
www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy
I didn't remember anything about the case until I was reminded of it by the show last night, so I wasn't already biased about it before seeing it. The quality of the video was poor but I thought comparatively, Larry's alien looked more convincing.

Larry says LETS EXPOSE THIS. That sadly was clue no.1 they had a predetermined agenda.

You are mistaken. Bill says "No matter what the outcome, it needs to be exposed." As in, if this is real then the public needs to know, if it's a hoax then it needs to be put to rest. Watching the beginning, I really don't get the feeling that they have already made up their minds about the case. Larry even sounds excited saying, "If this is real, this is awesome!"

The asked Reed a few questions and analyzed his words through a computer which of course began saying Reed was lying. So now computers can tell by the sound of your voice if you are lying? Well, then the guy gets in Reeds face and accuses him of lying and making the whole thing up.

Layered voice analysis is a real thing. I think he mentioned that they use Nemesysco. The science behind it seems a little controversial but I just wanted to point out it's not something they just made up for the show.

Ben Hansen has some kind of background in criminal investigations and was involved with the FBI at some point, he may be trained to notice facial cues that are associated with lying. I am just assuming. I think he was trying to push Reed to see if he stuck with his story and he inevitably did. I honestly cannot conceive of any reason they would be pushed to discredit Reed. It's not like this show would make any difference.

I think if anyone really disagrees with the outcome they should write to Syfy. They have been sometimes responsive to me in the past. I think all the cast is on twitter too.

Andy its nice to know you forgot it and felt the need to share that with us. Funny when people make meaningless statements like that I think that think its supposed to subconsciously make people forget about Dr. Reeds case. Anyway for those of us who havent forgotten about this case and will not let it rest we see the shaningans played by FoF and let me tell you, its was a big fat disaster for Fact or Faked.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Also concerning layered voice analysist they failed miserably and exposed their agenda when taking on the Reed Case and guess who is to blame for shooting themselves in the foot. "Ben" Hansen himself.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Where are the results of the layered voice analysist w/e you call it? Can we the public see these results. How did Ben know the layered voice analysist would come up with a 'false' response if Ben is sitting in the chair asking the questions and not reading the results? The only way Ben would have known the results would say 'false' is if Ben and the rest of his team or staff already decided they were simply going to place the word 'false' in the graphic analysist. In other words ladies and gentlemen Fact or Faked rigged the results.

In any event. The Reed case has reached global support and will continue to do so.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by haglebert

I am not a law enforcement person, and do not have any specialized training, however, I can tell when someone is lying very easily, simply by looking at their face. Trained observers can tell by facial cues- such as eye movements, voice inflection and cadence if an individual is attempting deception. For instance, if you watched Jesse Ventura's FEMA camp expose, when he was talking to the Congressman who declared "The FEMA camps don't exist", he was lying. It got even worse when he was confronted by the verbiage in his own bill, and then said something to the extent of "That was to build 6 camps for a Katrina like event" when he said this, his eyes were up and to the left, which is a known indicator of lying. Of course the final indicator that that politician was lying is completely infallible- his lips were moving.
t

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
www.ufowatchdog.com... - Great job of investigating this story and exposing it as a hoax, and "Dr. Reed" as a fraud.

cj6

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I agree that the FoF team seemed to have an agenda to do nothing except disprove Reeds video but i myself have my doubts about it. He claims the alien ripped his dog in half so where is that evidence? Why didnt he shoot footage of his dogs corpse? Still i think the video is interesting and the recreation of it was decent but the mechanical aliens eyes moved unrealistically unlike the alien in the video. I love FoF but it was be nice if they tried to Prove a video rather than always Disproving them.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by cj6
I agree that the FoF team seemed to have an agenda to do nothing except disprove Reeds video but i myself have my doubts about it. He claims the alien ripped his dog in half so where is that evidence? Why didnt he shoot footage of his dogs corpse?

He did film the remains of the dog. The only thing left was a white powder substance. Allegedly.

My point is,

I am not standing up for Reed. I'm only posting because I thought the tactics used by the FoF show were BS. It does not matter if Reed is a hoaxer. Many poster feel the need to fall down on one side or the other. This thread is not about hoax or real or Reed himself. If FoF wants to prove Reed is a hoaxer I say more power to them but do it in a non biased factual way. Don't have a professional special effects guy with a Hollowood budget make an alien dummy that doesn't even look as organic as Reed's and then claim that proves it's a hoax. Lame, lame, Lame.

First the Reed alien

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0fa2625fd43c.jpg[/atsimg] [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/72d4fba54688.jpg[/atsimg]

Then the FoF alien
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/12900180ef7f.jpg[/atsimg] [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d611c3d2c4d.jpg[/atsimg]

I think this show has to try to pass itself off as a legitimate investigative show. The producers know they cannot prove or disprove anything in cases such as these but to admit that means they really have no reason for a show. So what we get in the end is a hoax. This show is as guilty of hoaxing as much as the claim Reed is. They are trying to hoax us into believing they can proved anything when all they really have is tedious circumstantial evidence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join