It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War footage (graphic)

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by angel of lightangelo
If you need to be right this baddly ok. Be right. I live in America where I am free to have an opinion about what I can see with my own two eyes; especially when I add what else I have seen and read. I am not sure where you are from but you should come here. Here I could say what I did and the next person would say what they want instead of insisting what I said was wrong. They would just say whatever opposing view they have, it is their right as it is mine. Sorry that I tried to bring my American rights to an internet forum.

Dude, I have no idea where you're getting the impression I'm "oppressing you". Have all the ideas you want, that's great. Just keep in mind what the OP video is about, and stick to the topic. No kids, no cars, no crazed rabbits.

And where am I from? Why, the US. You know, the place where you can have those "free opinions" that are maintained by guys like me and my brothers in the military.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Dude, I have no idea where you're getting the impression I'm "oppressing you". Have all the ideas you want, that's great.

Because now in two threads you have not let me express myself once without responding to "correct" my opinion of what I am looking at. Perhaps if you shut up and left me alone, you might do something productive.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Because now in two threads you have not let me express myself once without responding to "correct" my opinion of what I am looking at.

I'm not correcting your opinion, just attempting to further enlighten you to what you might not know about.

How about thinking about this while watching that video again:

"The essence of war is violence. Moderation in war is imbecility".

Perhaps if you shut up and left me alone, you might do something productive.

Shut up? Hang on, Junior; I think a mod is coming your way to slap the teeth out of your face.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

How about you just leave me alone? Could you do that? You said your piece. I said mine. I do not need your input and if you have something you need to say about the OP, then do so. Leave me the hell alone.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Well . . . . . I think that just about covers the kill footage. We can all agree that our opposition is "out of touch."

So be it.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Well . . . . . I think that just about covers the kill footage. We can all agree that our opposition is "out of touch."

So be it.

Are you saying the dead man in the video is out of touch or are you saying people with opposing views here on this board are your "opposition?"

Just curious who you are hurling divisive labels at in your attempt to spread freedom and democracy.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

You are really touchy.

I said we ALL can agree to disagree.

You can think we're crazy.

We who think differently than you can think what we want.

I think this thread has just about run its course.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

You are really touchy.

I said we ALL can agree to disagree.

You can think we're crazy.

We who think differently than you can think what we want.

I think this thread has just about run its course.

I am not being touchy. You said "out of touch". Are you calling me crazy and then saying it is ok, because you are allowing me the right to be crazy?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

What is wrong with you?

Jesus Christ! How old are you?

Everything is an attack on you! It's all about you! NOT!

I'm done here.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

What is wrong with you?

Jesus Christ! How old are you?

Everything is an attack on you! It's all about you! NOT!

I'm done here.

What is wrong with you. After a series of attacks on me, you mention your opposition, so I ASKED IF YOU MEANT ME.

I asked. You did not say NO. What is wrong with you that you could not say yes or no? If you want to attack me and have no nerve to do it directly anymore, then say so. If you are not attacking me, then when I ask, all you have to do is say, no. Get over yourself. You are not above someone asking to clarify what you meant, especially when you are hurling insults in a regular fashion as you do. You have made me a target in the past so I WAS ASKING.

Do you know how to say NO? You could have done that easily but you did not so I decided to try asking again. Sorry if a yes or no question was too much for you.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
CUE STANDARD MOD SPEECH

Come on guys.

We've been here before haven't we?

I'm not about to Warn any particular person here...as from reading through the replies you're all wandering Off Topic and going at eachother regardless of who tweaked the first nose.

Usual stuff guys: Attack the post - not the poster please.

Cheers,
ALIEN

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
If they had tried to help his bitch ass, he would have blown them up. KILL EVERYONE OF THEM THAT IS TRYING TO KILL SOLDIERS!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
To the uninformed person I can see how this video may seem to display unethical acts of violence by the USMC, but as someone who has been there and done that I understand why they did what they did. We only see a short bit of the video and don't know exactly what went down that day, but there have been more than one occasion where we have been told to kill the opposition not wound and then treat them! I have seen US soldiers leave the battlefield on stretchers as well as body bags. Do you think that they care about us or that they will come patch us up when we are shot? No they want to drag us through the streets and hang us on live Internet feeds

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

US marines shooting an injured iraqi writhing on the ground and cheering when he's killed.

"Yeh,it felt good",said the marine smiling, "Makes me want to go and do it again."

[edit on 4-10-2004 by John bull 1]

What they don't show is how guys like that insurgent love to hide in crowds, schools, hospitals, and mosques so they can launch mortars and shoot at whomever they wish with virtual impunity. Especially with the current rules of engagement it is nigh on impossible to get approval to shoot at someone who uses innocent people as shields. There have also been instances of insurgents hiding IEDs on corpses, or wounded feigning dead only to set off a grenade when others come to him.

And to be clear: I'm a pacifist. I am also very much against the Iraq war; however, I have served, and videos like that only show part of the story. Soldiers are not Ghandis with guns, just as insurgents are not Jeffrey Dahmer incarnate. The reverse is also true. Also, if you look at the full video it shows that Marine putting that sentence into context. So if you want to blame anyone, blame the ones who sent the Marine and that insurgent. The later individuals are ultimately pawns in religious and/or geopolitical schemes.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
As difficult as the footage is, people forget that those guys also live with constant realities like the following:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

I sit here and say wow that was heartless.
Then I say to my self if I was there what would I do.
Those marine have a tough job to do.It's kind of like all the big shots in DC (cheney) that
rattle the swords for war,but during vietnam got multiple deferments

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

Since it breaches the Geneva convention that the USA is signed to

Article 12 mandates that wounded and sick soldiers who are out of the battle should be humanely treated, and in particular should not be killed, injured, tortured, or subjected to biological experimentation. This article is the keystone of the treaty, and defines the principles from which most of the rest the treaty is derived,[9] including the obligation to respect medical units and establishments (Chapter III), the personnel entrusted with the care of the wounded (Chapter IV), buildings and material (Chapter V), medical transports (Chapter VI), and the protective sign (Chapter VII).

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join