It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War footage (graphic)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Replying to the individual who didn't think the marine corps did that kind of thing. Please, the USMC has not forgotten that war is for warriors not bleeding hearts. The enemy hasn't forgotten either but, they think we, the USA has .Which is why they push us and test us believing we wont fight . It is time we let those who think they want some of this realize they have made a fatal error.. OOORHAH!!!

IBM

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ess Why Kay
What exactly did this guy do that he needed to be shot and killed?

He was an enemy soldier. What is wrong with this Kumbaya attitude that most people have.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
O.K it was that graphic not as graphic as lets say the beheadings. The camera wasnt that steady enough for me to determine how graphic it was.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBM
He was an enemy soldier. What is wrong with this Kumbaya attitude that most people have.

This is an older thread that has sprung to life as of late. I said it before, and Ill say it again: It was a war zone, more to the point they were engaged with enemy troops. We can armchair quarterback all we want but the fact remain: We were not there, nor were our lives on the line as we sit here and sip our beer or Cafe Mocha and pass judgement on the soilders in combat .

[edit on 10/4/04 by FredT]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I wont try to justify the Marines REactions to what they did in the video. But we need to think a bit deeper about what we see in it. At face value its a horrendous murder of a wounded enemy soldier. But was it really? We need to think much bigger than this one incedent.

The Geneva Convention and all war time rules and laws for that matter are many decades old. When these mandates were put into place soldiers fought soldiers. Soldiers could identify thier enemy, who the enemy was is clear in most cases. The lines between war zones were apparent most often.

Now we fight in a day and age where our enemy will employ anything to reach thier goal. They will(and do) hide behind women and childeren as they fight. Literally. They hide bombs and could care less who they kill. Terror is thier weapon and there are NO rules. They plant bombs on women and send them into a crowd to denonate. Its dirty fighting to the very definition and core. Terrorists follow no law.

Now again, I cannot (and will not) justify the thoughts and feelings those Marines expressed during and after that incedent, but can easily understand killing that man given the possible situation.

This man could have been wired to blow up. Is that reasonable? Now days not only is that a reasonable assumption it actually happens. He could have been going for his gun or a grenade. Understand people that this enemy will stop at nothing, death is considered a glorious event. In a situation where your enemy is not afraid to die, actually looking forward to myrterdom, you cannot take any chances at all. The Japanese in WWII used suicide as a technique and fought to the death, but even they had rules and honor they lived by. They could be measured and you could expect and anticipate them to a degree. Not the new enemy.

What would your reaction be if the video portrayed a US Marine getting blown to peices as he kneeled over this man trying to help him? I have a feeling your view would be quite different.

I think the bottom line regarding this video is this: These soldiers are fighting in conditions never before experienced. Against an enemy that will do anything without hesitation and play by no rules. Under these circumstances you can take nothing for granted. I think only under the most controlled and obvious conditions should a US soldier approach a wounded enemy in Iraq. Anything less could easily result in dead Marines.

Unless we were there, we MUST assume that these marines felt it was neccessary to kill that man, no matter what the thoughts conveyed on camera were. Please also remember that these are KIDS for all intents and purposes and thier expressions about the incedent reflect that.

I will conclude that until you and I get suited up and start carrying a gun and start patroling Iraqi streets we need to side with our troops: Our Fathers, Mothers, Brothers, Sisters, Sons, Daughters, friends. And they are thier right now in the crosshairs of an unpredictable and determined enemy...

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
OMFG! some of out troops are freakin A-holes!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
im sry but if that whas are marine on the ground the iraqes wuld have shot him just like are marines did.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bloodlust11009
im sry but if that whas are marine on the ground the iraqes wuld have shot him just like are marines did.

Mmmm, but aren't we the good guys and they the bad guys?

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Agree the cheering was a little dishearting, however, this is war and most likely being shot at and then shooting back and killing someone is pretty much reactive. I guess we feel different when someone gets shot and killed during battle rather than just seeing an innocent person get his head cut off. there is no reasoning.

the whole situation sucks!

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodlust11009

Very true,after all,All is fair in love and war. The cheering was an ass though.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   
..Americans..the good guys ????????!!!

Don't make me laugh, there has never been a more dangerous time , and it's all thanks to you yanks!

You think you are the only people living in the world, look around you idiots!
People are living their lives in relative peace and Yank soldiers bomb and shoot innocent people, Iraq had no intention of attacking the US, nor had ANY links to Al Quaeda, but that didn't stop you, OIL was there, that was enough reason!
Get off your high horse, and look at yourselves....nothing but barbarians!!!
BUSH is a DICTATOR and you lot are sheep, following him around......what a sad country the US is.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Anybody got a link to this video/story? The original is broken.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
wow. were there any officers there?
man im shocked i thought the USMC didnt do that kinda thing.

but look at the intelligenc of your average marien grunt.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by celticniall
..Americans..the good guys ????????!!!

Don't make me laugh, there has never been a more dangerous time , and it's all thanks to you yanks!

You think you are the only people living in the world, look around you idiots!
People are living their lives in relative peace and Yank soldiers bomb and shoot innocent people, Iraq had no intention of attacking the US, nor had ANY links to Al Quaeda, but that didn't stop you, OIL was there, that was enough reason!
Get off your high horse, and look at yourselves....nothing but barbarians!!!
BUSH is a DICTATOR and you lot are sheep, following him around......what a sad country the US is.

Americans are the good guys... We as a collective population (for the most part) do not think that we are the only people living in the world. We do, however, have some leadership that make us all look as if we are.

When you direct your comments at us as-if we are all just as self-rightous as our leadership, it puts you in the aggressor's seat, and leaves you open for verbal attack from others, just as you have us. You really don't want that.

We do know that the US, Jesus and George W. are not all the same entity. He is the only one who feels/thinks that way.

IMO, you were right on target about the OIL bit, and most of the US believe that way.

Your SHEEP comment is way out of line. There are those who, by constitutional-law, have to follow Dubya's orders, but not as sheep, as professional military members... just as your military follows the orders of your country's leader. (Damn, I don't even like sheep.)

Have yourself a fine day.

parhelia, out

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
yet the US didnt perform a body search?
i wanna know why they didnt do the whole bodysearch bit.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
this stuff happens all the time in the war zone. Trust me there has been much worse as of what i've seen over there last year. It aint pretty, war is hell.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
One of them would have died, they chose to do it so when you call them, "A-Holes" you're basically calling them stupid.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It's disrespecting American Pride!

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AeroQuake
One of them would have died, they chose to do it so when you call them, "A-Holes" you're basically calling them stupid.

actually no , both would have survived because SOP would make them pepperpot up and then remove any weapons, boot them in the crotch (yes that is legal) , lie on the enemy, lift the body in the oposite direction to the other body searcher.

while thsi is being done the other body searcher puts his rifle right onto the enemy soldiers head. when the body is lifted this soldier counts to five slowly then if nothing goes then they lower the body and get preform the search.

if the enemy has a grenade then the one holding the soldier shout "grenade" and drops him and dives away. the other soldier dives away as well.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by AeroQuake

actually no , both would have survived because SOP would make them pepperpot up and then remove any weapons, boot them in the crotch (yes that is legal) , lie on the enemy, lift the body in the oposite direction to the other body searcher.

while thsi is being done the other body searcher puts his rifle right onto the enemy soldiers head. when the body is lifted this soldier counts to five slowly then if nothing goes then they lower the body and get preform the search.

if the enemy has a grenade then the one holding the soldier shout "grenade" and drops him and dives away. the other soldier dives away as well.

Whilst your doing all that his buddies are targeting you and bang your dead cos your farting around with set proccedures thought out in the classroom by desk jocks with more interest in the legals and making sure you don`t do anything that would make the unit look bad.Don`t matter if your dead that happens but commit an act that might to the uneducated war experianced person offend public opinion that will raise hell.The British military hierarchy are very good at announcing the proffessionalism of the British soldier.What really go`s on is another story

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join