It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War footage (graphic)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
weirdo you cannot frighten them,we have seen that all you do is make them angry if you make them angry they attack.
you cant fight the fire with fire that only works for some parts not all.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
true it will make some angry,but if your facing an aggressor that will kill you rather than take you prisoner there is a higher chance they will be affected enough for you to gain the upper hand.If the media was not in the war you can bet that the large amount of iraqis that were captured might not have survived.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   
ah but weirod they see us as opression and slavery cause of the propaganda and such, we have to try and make em think, WE ARE HERE TO HELP

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Yes the civillians, but when they are trying to kill you the rules are differant.Beside this guy was in the kill zone.It is a big no no that you do not put you or your men at an unecessary risk.There is a strong possiblity that his people are targeting that area ready for some hero to go to his rescue.It is far more humane to put a few fatal shoot in him than to leave him wounded for hours until you can safely reach him.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Well like the others pointed out, it seemed there were no other tango's out there since the marines were merely focusing on that particular soldier. Cheering about it doesn't make things any better. They could have rescued him, but before you do that you should make sure the area is secure. That is in a few military war doctrines.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Its is possible for troops even iraqi`s to hide.The soldier that will come home is the one who will think of every possibility and then some before risking his life.The lucky hero will return to his mother,but most of the time the want to be a hero hot head will run out to save him and will end up in the body bag.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
War is risky business and business is good.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Most of the contributors to this thread are obviously good people. Their hearts are in the right place. But you are hopelessly naive.

This is not a street police situation where you are there to bring a person down with little to no violence.

There is a reason that these soldiers are wearing body armor. That guy was trying to KILL him.

You put a round in him to KILL him not wound him. If he is down but not dead put another round in him. KILL him. After the situation is calm and secure and he is still alive THEN you go save him. He is untouchable.
It is stupid (yes I said stupid ) to go into a hostile situation to save an enemy combatant. You do that for your own.

Are you actually saying that if you hit an enemy soldier across the line you should go to that line to save him? No you are not. You are speaking with your heart ands not your brain.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
you caused the injury y not try and sort it,or at least help.
you could hate a guy but are you gona let him bleed to death?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Yes WASP I am saying you should let him bleed to death.

I am not trying to demean you but please, if you are serious about special forces you need a little more time in the oven before you are ready to see the real world. There is a difference between video games and war. There is no do over/reboot/restart switch. You get go after a soldier he WILL try to kill you. Unless you KILL him first.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
i know that. i know war isnt pretty iv not seen war me self but iv read and looked at battlefield medic and the like to get a beter understanding of it.
frankly when i wanna be i can be ruthless any one can its all about pushing the right buttons. also i dont wanna be in the special forces i wanna be an engineer, im not good enough and i can accept that.
i dont know mabye i spend to much time with hospital folk but frankly i wouldnt leave any man or woman to die if i could help.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
You know what Wasp...

I am Da@@ glad to know that there are people like you left in the world.

Thank you for being you.

But heads up, the Air Force is the way to go. All the glory and snappy uniforms. I was Air Force in the Panama invasion so I am a little biased.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Devilwasp

Nobody wants to let another person bleed to death and in normal everyday circumstances you would not,but in the situation this was you could not risk your life and anybody around you.If the area was secure that would be differant.As for joining the Engineers all the best,there are so many people that leave the services without a trade behind them.Once you are in and done a few years you may change your mind about SF. l`d recomend any mature minded person at least give it a shot.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
i just hope theres guys still out there that do keep questioning and defending incidents like this when i grow old.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The Regimental collect of the Special Air Service

Oh Lord who didst call on thy disciples to venture all to win all men to thee,grant that we the chosen members of the special air service regiment,may by our works and our ways dare all to win all and,in so doing render special service to thee and our fellow men in all the world,through the same Jesus Christ Our Lord,Amen.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
"When wounded and lying on Afghanistans plains
and the women come out to cut up your remains
roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
and go to God like a soldier." Kipling

Some things will never change.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
i would have done the same thing. After hearing the stories of some of the tricks Iraqis pull, I am not surprised at all. But as for the chearing, I dont condone it, but I can understand it. These are soldiers, in a war, they hate the enemy more then you can imagine.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
we have pulled worse tricks and frankly deception is there onyl weapon left so you can understand why they fight like that,also think about it you would do the same if you where in his position would you not?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
If someone freed me from 30+ years of a government killing hundreds of thousands of people each year and torturing you because of your religion you being poor not having food to eat most of the time oh yeah I would go and kill the people that are trying to make my life better because I enjoyed the way I lived before what is the reason these Iraqis attack and you know what angers me even more they want us out then they don't want us out cuz they are afraid of the terrorists they cant have it both ways also they blame the Americans for everything that goes wrong we are spending our tax dollars to get their lives back and they go and attack us

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
west point only a small portion was abused, and they have been fed propaganda since birth that americans are bad and america is the route to evil. hell they have a version of the qu'arn that says it is great to die in battle agianst americans. hell with coaltion fire somtimes hitting civies they cant help but feel angry at us. also they want you out because of the death this war has cause and they want to build themselves out of poverty.
west point they have not had the same start in life WE have.
you cannot blame them. they dont know who to fight , thier own people are killing them and coaltion troops are killing them, who are they to trust?
do you trust the man that shot your neighbor because he fired at them, who was just fireing at them because he thought they were trying to kill him first?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join