It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War footage (graphic)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
west point thats the diffrence from a peace keeper and a soldier
you prefer direct action
"if you mess with us your dead , we take no prisnors"
frankly man thats not how soldiers should act
he tried to kill marines and failed,does this mean we should execute him? no that would make us just as bad as the terrorist we are fighting

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
If anybody has Comcast Digital Cable, the program is in OnDemand, under News/Cnn/Special Report

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Devilwasp, you said what you said. I know you would not be a good role model for young ones. I sure am viewing you differently now, sad.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoMrAdE_IvAn
I wonder what you guys would think if it was an american soldiers lying on the ground and iraqi's fireing bullets at him. Lets see if we have the same response from you who see it as justified.

Excellent point! I think that if the roles were reversed, we would be crying about how an Iraqi shot and killed a wounded Marine.

Now don't get me wrong. I am extremely indebted to the men and women who protect my freedom on a day to days basis. However, the man was badly wounded, probably mortally, and he was continually fired upon until exterminated.

I think the soldiers were a little too triggy happy. I really don't know what I would have done in the same situation, though. The Iraq situation is one giant cluster**ck and the soldiers are a little jumpy

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
at least someone noticed that. I would like Westpoint to say, He tried to kill Iraqi republican guard and he payed the price!

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Looks to me like these marines were all relaxed and standing around focussing on one man! If they were in a heavy combat situation they would pay little attention to this one wounded Iraqi and would be scanning for, selecting and engaging other threats. It appears they had ample opportunity to render aid to this man. I also choose to believe that not all US military personnel are this cruel.

Looking at this footage, most people would think combat was a fun day out with the boys. Like Westpoint here who thinks he'd empty a clip into the incapacitated Iraqi. Truth is he is just a boy who's played too many computer games and watches Black Hawk Down daily. It seems he likes to 'guarantee' us of a lot of things regarding war, combat and the military but people like cavscout and those who have been in combat situations could probably guarantee him that if he even makes it into a combat situation, that poo stain on the back of his BDU's was not from sitting in camel sh*t.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Although most soldiers aren't that cruel (i hope) these guy make the Marines look unprofessional. I can't tell the whole situation but it looked like the guy was wounded and down. But when the soldiers started cheering and saying its awesome during an interview then its murder. On the other hand this could have had some editing done to it for propaganda purposes.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
hey not everyone is the same some people don't want to kill him but would rather give him some aid others would do the same not everyone is the same if the marines had given him some aid then 9 months later he is out there again trying to kill you well im sure he will remember that you helped him yeah right.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
In those times when the iraqi soldier was shot, The American military thought the iraqi's will be throwing roses and flowers at them when it gets to the occupying stages. SO how could they know 9 months later he'll pick up an Ak and run wild? DO YOU KNOW THE REASON WHY YOU ARE GETTING REBELS IS BECAUSE YOUR SOLDIERS ARE BASHING IRAQI's IN THE STREET AND SHOOTING CIVILIANS BECAUSE THEY ARE TRIGGER HAPPY. You wonder why the iraqi people are hostile. If i saw fellow australians being bashed and shot at in streets i would surely pick up a gun and fight because i'll feel like we're being occupied. This is getting off topic but the American military has made too many slip ups in iraqi, and its costing them right now.

I play video games, i watch war movies and i want to be in the military but i value human life, no matter what race. I would never shoot a wounded person who can not fight.

[edit on 1-7-2004 by CoMrAdE_IvAn]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
CoMrAdE_IvAn - I agree with your opinion but not in all respects. I am in the military and although I have been blessed in not having been exposed to any of the horrors USA's fighting forces are being exposed to, I can understand slightly what is happening. You have got to realize that unless you have been THERE, you can in no way imagine how you would act in that situation. It is very easy for all of us to sit back and judge by typing on our computers but the simple fact is that none of us know all the facts. Maybe earlier that day the MARINES in the video had some of their fellow marines blown away in a similar attack. We just don't know. I may be biased but I would rather have them be safe than sorry.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Chris

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:10 AM
link   
laxpla so im not a good role model?
please exsplain?
frankly id rather have me as a role model than some gun ho marine shooting wounded enemy forces, oh and another thing that is against the regs to shoot the wounded when they arent doing anything.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Probably that is true, but then against even if people lose their friends, i would believe they rather curse the dead man than cheer like if it was a video game kill. That soldier who was interviewed sounded like a red neck anyway.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Isnt it illegal (by world law/geneva convention) to kill wounded and unarmed (he wasnt holding his gun, we was rolling in agony) combatents?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
yeah sireno i think it is

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It is illegal mate.

In Chatper 1, Art 3 of the Geneva Convention

Art. 3. In the case of armed conflict not of an international character occurring in the territory of one of the High Contracting Parties, each Party to the conflict shall be bound to apply, as a minimum, the following provisions: (1) Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause, shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, without any adverse distinction founded on race, colour, religion or faith, sex, birth or wealth, or any other similar criteria. To this end, the following acts are and shall remain prohibited at any time and in any place whatsoever with respect to the above-mentioned persons: (a) violence to life and person, in particular murder of all kinds, mutilation, cruel treatment and torture; (b) taking of hostages; (c) outrages upon personal dignity, in particular humiliating and degrading treatment; (d) the passing of sentences and the carrying out of executions without previous judgement pronounced by a regularly constituted court, affording all the judicial guarantees which are recognized as indispensable by civilized peoples. (2) The wounded and sick shall be collected and cared for. An impartial humanitarian body, such as the International Committee of the Red Cross, may offer its services to the Parties to the conflict.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
So if I was one of the marines next to the one that was shooting him I would report to an officer or higher up so my friend or someone who I have known for a long tome can face consequences over the Iraqi gunman I would not report it. But if the marine made it a habit to just start shooting people randomly then I would report it but I don't feel any pain for a man who just tried to kill me then I should help him.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It's always easy to apply your standards to someone else. It's another thing to apply those standards to yourself when you find yourself in that same situation.

It's easy to pass judgement when you see an "atrocious act" on a 15 second video clip. What you didn't see on the remainder of those video clips are another story.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I have to ask a question, who in this group wants to be the one to run over and give this enemy combatant aid?

He was at least 100 meters away and trying to get back up on his feet. That soldier had hard sights on his gun and no benefit of a telescoping camera lens.

You are a big aft liar if you say you would take a run over with a couple of buddies to see what kind of aid you can give in that situation.

And I don't care if the moderator warns me for that comment.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
crmanager i would do it.
and DONT CALL ME A LIAR!
cause frankly i would how can you judge the distnace id say no less than 50 max feet my self like.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoMrAdE_IvAn
It is illegal mate.

In Chatper 1, Art 3 of the Geneva Convention

Art. 3. In the case of armed conflict not of an international character occurring in the territory of one of the High Contracting Parties, each Party to the conflict shall be bound to apply, as a minimum, the following provisions: (1) Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause, shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, without any adverse distinction founded on race, colour, religion or faith, sex, birth or wealth, or any other similar criteria. To this end, the following acts are and shall remain prohibited at any time and in any place whatsoever with respect to the above-mentioned persons: (a) violence to life and person, in particular murder of all kinds, mutilation, cruel treatment and torture; (b) taking of hostages; (c) outrages upon personal dignity, in particular humiliating and degrading treatment; (d) the passing of sentences and the carrying out of executions without previous judgement pronounced by a regularly constituted court, affording all the judicial guarantees which are recognized as indispensable by civilized peoples. (2) The wounded and sick shall be collected and cared for. An impartial humanitarian body, such as the International Committee of the Red Cross, may offer its services to the Parties to the conflict.

Rules of Engagement state that if a person posses a threat to life you are allowed to use lethal force.The tape is not long enough to show if this is the case.As for the graphic nature of this video people be under no illusion this is very mild compared to what has happened in the past and will continue in future.The enemy has to be made aware that no mercy will be shown.The more frightened the enemy is the better.Once stories pass along the enemy you stand a greater chance of winning.The iraqi`s surrender in large numbers once the stories of them being killed circulated.Soldiers of all nationalities have carried out killings that would be seen by civies to be harsh.You either kill them or they kill you the way it happens is not always important.You have to be seen to be evil.To many rules will cause you to lose and then the people being filmed will be you.Most soldiers don`t appriciate haveing there heads cut off in front of the camera.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join