It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War footage (graphic)

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Whats so graphic about this?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by titian

you are a dead set wanker. your proud servicemen and war machine are killing unnecessarily and helping to perpetuate war. america drives war and is driven by war. these awesome soliders with all of 4 brain cells between them are murderers.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

US marines shooting an injured iraqi writhing on the ground and cheering when he's killed.

"Yeh,it felt good",said the marine smiling, "Makes me want to go and do it again."

[edit on 4-10-2004 by John bull 1]

You will get attacked as anti american for posting this but I appreciate it. These soldiers are why GOOD SOLDIERS get killed by men and women who were farmers in 2001. The end result is more enemies and more dead U.S. men and women. I fail to see how that is to our benefit.

Aside from that, I guess if this is justifiable or acceptable, then we need to stop telling everyone how much better than those barbarians we are now dont we. Apparently we like killin' just as much right?

Can't be both people.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

He got paid $40m for 3 years as CEO.
Nice work if you can get it.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Well i guess it should teach those who still run around killing our soilders to think twice before doing so. Good example to the world. Fire a gun at a U.S. Marine and this what will happen. A lesson that needs to be learnt.

Good job U.S. Marines...keep up the good work!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Many times, an enemy soldier will "play possum." In the Pacific in WWII, after ever battle, the Marines would conduct a "possum patrol" to make damned sure everyone that looked dead, was dead.

This non-uniformed combatant upon taking up his weapon and engaging was immediately subject to summary execution under international law.

These Marines just finished their original intent.

Dead is good. Deader is better.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
So what is the reason for the attitude expressed by the soldier. This man was not playing opossum. There was no ambush. They still seemed really excited about shooting a wounded man didn't they?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

Nope, this one wasn't playing possum, but his buddies had his position vectored. Anyone going to him would be subject to being shot.

I would expect the adrenaline to be kicking in quite well. There is a certain elation when you kill a guy that was out to kill you. Better than making a touchdown.

More satisfaction than you-know-what.

The reason?

That's just one more SOB that will threaten you again, and you hope it works out the identical same way when you meet the next one.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Speaking from personal experience, ugly things happen in war. If I were to have to go to trial for these men based on that video only I would want to be the prosecutor for sure. But considering that we have no way of knowing what thier standing orders were, the layout of the battlefield, events leading up to and prior to the video that could hold merit, then to pass judgement on thier actions solely on the footage would be bias.

The statement the soldier made is of course poor conduct to say the least. But again we dont know enough about him or his past experiences to judge. Perhaps he has been there so long that the war has dehumanized or desensitised him. I have seen it happen to some of the best men and women I had the honor to serve with. It is a condition that no words can make those of you who have never been on a battlefield for an extended period of time understand.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

Nope, this one wasn't playing possum,

There is a certain elation when you kill a guy that was out to kill you. Better than making a touchdown.

More satisfaction than you-know-what.

Let's just put those all in a row. Now watch that vdieo again. That was not someone trying to kill them. They did not just make that fatal shot in time and usurp the enemies power to kill. They got excited shooting a wounded man on the ground. Sorry but your little 'explanation' would be great if it matched the scene we are looking at. It does not. While what you say is true, get a video of that and you can defend it all you want. Until then, when discussing this one, you actually have to deal with the reality of what is on it. Sorry, I know life sucks with its reality and logic some times. Believe me, I don't like it any better than you.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
They dont wear uniforms and would gladly kill several civilians to kill one soilder. So i suppose every enemy combatant you drop potentialy reduces the overal casualties by 5-10 per possible suicide bomber. Killing this man who has chosen to ally himself with a group notorious for mass murders is not such a hard thing to see when.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I never took a non-uniformed prisoner, wounded or not until I was ordered to on one occasion. The wounded are merely those you partially killed. As I was always taught, finish what you start. If he was worth shooting the first time, he certainly is deserving of some follow-ups.

Dead is good. Deader is better.

They may look dead, act dead, appear dead, even smell dead. But you always verify they are dead, dead.

If they were in uniform, we'd move heaven and earth to save them, me included.

No uniform? That was one dead SOB! Whether he was dead or not.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

What is your point? Telling me what you did does not negate the bad things other people do. Tell me how you never shot at civillians walking their herd down the street as well. That does not mean that the ones who did it are magically no longer in exsistance and their deeds erased. I really o not understand how people extolling the virtuous nature of their service proves anything about other people. Aside from that, this was about the attitudes and expressions of the soldiers after shooting a wounded man who was NOT playing opossum. This is not about what you killed or did not kill. This is about the sick nature of getting so much enjoyment from shooting wounded civillians. Do I really need to repost the videos of them shooting at random cars, people walking down the street, and random buildings? How about them shooting at an intersection from a rooftop and laughing as innocent people crash and run for cover? I am sure you did not do any of that stuff either. Still happened though didnt it.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

The attitude of the soldiers expressions after killing this POS is bothering you? What part?

The part where they dropped an armed, non-uniformed combatant? Which is exactly what they are supposed to do? Are you offended because they feel good that they got yet another armed insurgent?

What unarmed civilian are you talking about? When you use a term like this, it is dishonest, and therefore your post is very difficult to take seriously.

I saw this one infidel-hating bunghole get shot, his AK right there by the corner of the building, making him a non-uniformed combatant.

So much for your false statement about shooting "unarmed civilians."

Yeah. You run your videos. There's a lot of these "non-uniformed combatants" that you call civilians shooting at our soldiers as well. Be sure and include those.

This guy in this video is just another "civilian."

Get a pair of glasses and look at it again.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by angel of lightangelo
This is about the sick nature of getting so much enjoyment from shooting wounded civillians.

If you took the time to read the link, the guy was wounded, but not a civilian. It clearly said that his weapon was next to him.

Now, that makes him a combatant. Wounded or not, you can shoot him, since he was probably shooting at the Marines seconds before.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

You really are willing to do anything you can to miss the point arent you? Combatant/militant, who cares. This is not about shooting him, it is about how much happiness they are getting from shooting an already wounded person. Why can you not get that? I could care less why they shot him. I am talking about their attitude. Is this the noble face of America that we want to show the world? That we get aroused shooting holes in wounde men on the ground? I thought we were trying to prove how much better than everyone else we were and we have these morons getting all hot and excited over this? Go ahead and justify why they shot him yet again. That is not the point. I never disputed the shooting. Not once.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I have a question for you: Have you ever been in combat?

Have you ever been shot at before by the enemy?

Have you ever had to kill in combat?

I have a hunch you haven't by the way of your questions and statements.

Engaging the enemy and killing him before he kills you is what troops train for. He did what he was trained to do and he lived to tell about it.

Afterwards is when the shakes and vomiting come into play.

Until you've actively engaged in such things, you need to back off and unf**k your statements. You haven't walked in his boots.

And before you ask, yep, I can answer "yes" to those questions I wrote above.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

LOL, like I said, you will go to great lengths to miss the point...and you just went a little farther off that cliff didn't you. I am sorry that you do not get it. I am sorry that you are having trouble with my English writing. I am even more sorry that I have made my point 4 times and you have repeatedly missed exactly what it is that I am getting at. Fine, sit here and missinterpret things, confuse things, and miss the point. I cannot teach you to read from here so I guess I give up.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by angel of lightangelo
LOL, like I said, you will go to great lengths to miss the point...and you just went a little farther off that cliff didn't you. I am sorry that you do not get it. I am sorry that you are having trouble with my English writing. I am even more sorry that I have made my point 4 times and you have repeatedly missed exactly what it is that I am getting at. Fine, sit here and missinterpret things, confuse things, and miss the point. I cannot teach you to read from here so I guess I give up.

I'm truly sorry that you can't seem to grasp what is being written. If I could, I would spell it out in crayons, but there are limits to the Internet that even Algore can't overcome.

Maybe you ought to stick with the non-military threads, since you seem to be having a hard time understanding them.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

Have you hard about drop weapon ?

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Can we do this in America ?
www.youtube.com...

Check this one out :
www.youtube.com...

Did you know that many gangs joined the army to get military training ?
The bad apple always destroy the good apple.

[edit on 21-11-2008 by mark38]

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join