It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War footage (graphic)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
well devil its a little hard not to do that when you see your people and service men getting killed and getting their head chopped off I would do that same thing in their situation.

Well lets see..............If someone invaded your country under the auspicesof giving you democracy and, heaven forbid you decided to defend your country wouldnt you get a little annoyed and start shooting back? I bloody well would !

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I understand to a degree why people are so against this war or whatever you have chosen to call it. But on the same note if their was this much footage in ANY other war people would have been just as against it. In 3 years in iraq i never heard as hatefull things said as from americans, Its pretty sick. Even though their has been no actual attack on the us since, a couple have tried but failed. If you think their wouldnt have been any way your sadly mistaken. Just for example in a way you might understant. If i had a problem with you and blew up your car with your kids in it and you did nothing. Well i would have to believe that i wouldnt stop their if my goal was to destroy you. Now maby thats not the best example but thats the best way i know how to put it. In the situation with the soldiers shooting that man and being happy. People have different ways of handling stress and fear. I have seen a guy almost killed by falling debries and lauph histericly after. I have also seen someone freez with intense fear becoming totaly useless, ill take the giggles any day. It is sad day when someone dies no matter who they are and what they have dun but its war. If you say it for no reason then you trivealise the hole thing. Sudom was bad his sons bad binladen bad insurgents bad not just for us for the iraqi people. Everyone talks about what is hapening now and what will hapen in the future. If you think of the furure and the present then you are ignerent if you dont think about the past. What could/would have been if we did nothing or minimul. In my opinion yes life is horibal in iraq for the people but at least now their is the chance for light at the end of the tunnel. If we did nothing not only would that have given binladen hope but any other country who wished us harm. No option given would have had a great outcome but others could have cost much more. Since the begining of time it has been survival of the fitest and self presorvation is in every animal. Look back at superpowers throughout time, they all fall, We will do the same.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Hoorah! Get some mooj

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_General
Hoorah! Get some mooj

Well, that was inspired

What's with digging up old threads with pointless remarks?

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
it doesnt matter if he was armed or whatever there was no need to cheer for it. i find it very ironic how they can be sad about their men dying when they go and do it to other people and cheer about it. that's animal like behavior, honestly. the guy who said he'd do it again it just sick. that man he killed could've been someone's dad, brother, husband, etc; what if someone did that to him and cheered about it ? disgusting really

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
TAKE NO PRISONERS!! This is how you fight a war. Let all who take up arms to kill US soldiers die on the battlefield of their dreams.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Honestly, I have no idea what I would do in that situation unless I was experiencing it. A 15 second clip doesn't tell the whole story and what that guy said was distrubing, but I've never gone through something like that. Maybe CNN edited that to make it sound worse than it seemed? Who knows, I do know that I shouldn't pass judgement on someone because of a 15 second clip.

A lot of my family has served in the military, including my brother-in-law that served in Iraq. He told me that he would've shot that guy, but he wouldn't have made comments like that. The insurgents in Iraq are fierce and want to take as many of their enemies with them.

For anyone who says that they would rescue that wounded man, I don't think you can decide what you would do unless you were in that situation. People do strange things when they are pushed beyound their breaking point.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Kill the guy who would kill you if he had the slightest opportunity. That's the name of the game. The Marines could not have safely left this guy alive, plain and simple. But, I feel the issue here is the extent to which our soldiers have been conditioned to killing. Knowing that the Marines killed the guy doesn't bother me, they had to. What bothers me is the satisfaction, not relief, they felt after doing so. They enjoyed it, and wanted to do it again. So what happens when these guys come home and join a police department? How do you feel knowing the guy who pulls you over for a busted tail light would take more joy from killing you than writing you a ticket?

I'd be interested to see some statistics on military backgrounds for cops involved in questionable tasings and shootings. I'd be willing to put money on the idea that cops without prior military experience are much less likely to 'jump the gun' so to speak.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
In the Military we are trained to kill its a thrill and once you do it you want to do it again. I would cheere too be thankful that someone has the guts to defend your freedom or even die for you. It takes a big man to defend his self a bigger one to defend you.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
let me tell you something. when your in the sh*t, you will either
shoot first or be shot. it's called survival.. there are no 2 ways
about it. as far as the "cheering" is concerned. unless you've ever
had several good friends killed next to you in a horridly manner, you
have no right to say anything negative to a soldier. it only takes a
couple weeks of fighting and humanity can leave. you will do whatever
must be done. or die. which do you choose??

[edit on 28-12-2007 by last time here]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
there are alot of ignorant people in america, so many that you can go bomb another country, and make 1 million people in iraq without home, and drive another million on the run... and kill hundred thousen, they are defending there home!!, there land!!, you would do the same!!, why cant some people dont think?, there was never a either we kill them or they kill us, we are manipulated by death and terror and bush, I say it again.. open your eyes, people who do not respect humanity support a war without meaning like in irak...

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This is to all the Liberals who think that we are murdering our soldiers. You say that we have murdered over 4,051 American Soldiers by sending them to war, but since ya'll believe in pro-choice is that not murder as well? Because "Since we started the war in Iraq, WE as a NATION has killed over 6.5 MILLION AMERICAN CHILDREN because of Abortion. Now I myself don't believe in abortion and that proves my point to why i don't agree with it. Is it not right for someone to take the life of a child? Even if He/Her was a mistake? Even if it was rape? It's still murder to kill someone! Everyone of you liberals who have said that we are murdering our citizens in the war, are HYPOCRITES! You have been killing AMERICAN CHILDREN for years with abortion!

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I think that when you're being shot at, you will shoot back. I think that if you see a gun in a WAR ZONE you will shoot back! I am proud of that marine saying what he did!! Mod Edit - removed offensive comment

ATS : Terms and Conditions of Use

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

About ATS : Staff Warnings

[edit on 21/0508/08 by neformore]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by devilwasp

A marines number one job is a basic rifleman which means he is to kill and I know that there is going to be that person who says that this is murder but if you truly understood what it takes to win a war this wouldn't even be questioned also ask yourself would you risk your life to save a guy who just tried to ambush you and could be booby trapped better yet would you want your child to check the wounded insurgent?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 19 Kilo
In the Military we are trained to kill its a thrill and once you do it you want to do it again. I would cheere too be thankful that someone has the guts to defend your freedom or even die for you. It takes a big man to defend his self a bigger one to defend you.

hahaha, you are one of the smallest guys, your not a big man.

What does having fun killing people in iraq have to do with our freedom, your not dying for us! Your killing yourselves, and for what? Not us! I know that.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kappa_Pi_612
I think that when you're being shot at, you will shoot back. I think that if you see a gun in a WAR ZONE you will shoot back! I am proud of that marine saying what he did!! Kill All Towel heads who try and kill Us!!

Being a great soldier has a lot more to it than simply killing, being a solider is to fight for what is right, to have compassion and morals.

Cheering after killing someones does not show me a respectful soldier, just a soldier that worries me about his mental condition.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

As a psychology major i can tell u that they HAVE to talk that way to keep from going into traumatic shock, depression or develop the dredded "Gulf War Syndrome."

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

I was un the UK last month and theirn TV showed a clip of a British marine shooting a guy on the ground. It came out that this marine company lost a guy recently who was shot by a guy to an Iraqi who was on the dirt playing dead. Our guys should do the same as the Brits.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Wow are u people really that out of the loop? im in the army and we do worse stuff than that. sometimes we get orders to kill anyone walking down the street, when we feel like there is a threat. im talkin we killed 10 year old boys and grandmothers because they didnt listen to the rules.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Ok... I didn't read all 4 pages of this thread, but I'm a Marine and I think I can talk here.

1. Those men were Marines, not soldiers, and yes they were professionals.

2. Marines abide by a very strict law of war/code of conduct.

3. When you're in contact you don't really think about those rules.

4. Those Marines were working in an area where there was known insurgent activity, they were merely doing their jobs and engaging the enemy. For those of you who think the iraqi should have been taken prisoner consider this: That choice would mean that you are putting the safety of that insrugent over the safety of your fellow Marines. No GOOD NCO would send his men out there to do that.

5. More than one Marine have been killed by booby-trapped iraqis pretending to be dead. Remember that big mosque fiasco a few years back? That happened because that squad had lost a man just days priors to an IED under an iraqi faking dead.

6. Navy Corpsmen actually routinely save the lives of enemy mujahadeen. It is US policy to medically treat wounded insurgents and i personally know a corpsman that saved dozens of them. Posting this tread speaking of US brutality is a slap in the face to those corpsmen.

7. Try not to post uneducated opinions... ok if you haven't been there then you don't have all the facts and you don't know what it feels like to be there.

8. You'd be cheering too if you know you could live another day. That kind of humor is fairly common amongst Marines, its part of our culture. It involves desensitization. While the interview may sound cold and heartless to you, would you really want a bunch of whiney people that were hesitant to kill defending our country?

9. Shake a veterans hand every once in a while. It helps.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join