It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War footage (graphic)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

US marines shooting an injured iraqi writhing on the ground and cheering when he's killed.

"Yeh,it felt good",said the marine smiling, "Makes me want to go and do it again."

[edit on 4-10-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
War is brutal. The Iraq's set themselves up for this by faking wounded then ambusing troops. Its is tragic, but it is in the middle of a war zone. If you were a marine in that firefight, would you wanted to go and check the guy only to find he was wired to blow etc.???

That was not a playground it was a firefight. Tragic things happen in war.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
wow. were there any officers there?
man im shocked i thought the USMC didnt do that kinda thing.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
What exactly did this guy do that he needed to be shot and killed?

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
You can see a gun on the right side of him, he was a warrior i suspose.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I couldn't see a gun at first glance and I am too tired to read through the whole story.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
How can I tell you how happy I am to be going home? I have spent the last three years fighting in battles against my own countrymen. I've torn up my country's railroad tracks and destroyed its bridges; I've walked hundreds of miles; I've had too little to eat, too little to drink, and too little to keep me warm. I've killed a man at 50 yards, and I've killed a man at the end of my bayonet. And I can tell you that there is no glory in war. There is only despair...and fear...and disgust.

The last 8 months of my military service were spent in the devil's very own house -- Andersonville Prison in Georgia. Those who believe in the romance of being a prisoner of war have never seen first-hand the horrors of more than 40,000 strong, able-bodied young men starving and rotting to death within the confines of a stockade that measured one thousand feet long and eight hundred feet wide. Andersonville contained all the ills that plague the human race. I have seen men who have killed a friend or fellow soldier for a bit of bread, a uniform button or trinket with which to trade with the guards for favors, extra food and tobacco. There was no hope of survival, yet somehow that is exactly what I have managed to do. And now I am abroad this steamer headed upstream on the great Ohio River to return home. There is no more precious place. Surely I am blessed to have lived through all my hardships....

(The steamer sank when its boilers exploded. Killed in the accident were 10 Civil War soldiers returning home from battle. One was never identified. Clyde E. Benner, a former Perry County Commissioner and Trustee donated the land for the placement of the markers. The property has passed down through the generations and is still maintained by the family. They keep flags and flowers on the graves, maintain the landscaping and added a split rail fence a few years ago.)

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
If you don't want to be called a propagandist you need to put things in context.

1. That video is from October 2003 yet you neglect to mention that.
  2. The Iraqi individual on the receiving end of the Marine's M16 was an enemy combatant.

If you had read the connected page (www.informationclearinghouse.info...) you would have read the following:

U.S. Marines, Sergeant Riddle's team, searching an industrial area near Baghdad. Along the road they encounter Iraqis who point their AK-47s at the Marines.

RIDDLE: One of my guys got up on his hood and took the first guy out, shot him right in the heart. And he dropped instantly.

CROWLEY: Wounded, another Iraqi writhes on the ground next to his gun. The Marines kill him -- then cheer.

That is from Aaron Brown on CNN.

I'm not a past, present or future soldier (I don't think); but if you're going to try to smear our servicemen for risking and sacrificing their lives so that you have the freedoms to post garbage such as this you'd better dig harder. I would have done the same thing in that situation. If I knew the games the resistance played I would have a trigger-happy finger as well. Soldiers are not any good dead and have a right to defend themselves.

Laxpla, If I took your initial post out of context I apologize. I am tired of hearing people who never served a day in their life use the freedoms we enjoy as a result of others' sacrifice to trash those who would provide and protect it. I'm sure Starchild or Coolhand could offer a different perspective since they've served or continue to serve.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I never read any of the text, I only posted it for the video. I found it on Ogrish forums and though it would be cool to post. I am sorry for not clearing it, Also, I myself would be super trigger happy, knowing you could die instantlly at any moment. The iraqi had a gun and was aiming at the troops.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
there was time and the means to disarm him. so why didnt they?
trigger happy gets you and your squad killed.
marines shouldnt do that.
they have a right to retaliate and engage but not slauter

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
there was time and the means to disarm him. so why didnt they?
trigger happy gets you and your squad killed.
marines shouldnt do that.
they have a right to retaliate and engage but not slauter

Look we only say what 15 sec of footage not the start and the beginning. We were NOT there. This is exactly the kind of arm chair quarterbacking that went on in teh Vietnam war. The guy was in a war zone. He was armed. He pointed the gun at our troops. Our troops have to be able to protect themselves. Do you want to be the guy that goes out to make sure he is only wounded? As I said above, it is a war. Its not a warm and fuzzy video game

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Iwould go out and do it yes.
now can you tell me the need to blast him once hes wounded?
i kow that war aint a fuzzy computer game,and what do you think the camera man was doing ,HE WAS IN THE WARZONE, the reporter was there too they seen the start and end and they were shocked.
look i know things get hecktick in a warzone but thats just overkill.
what went on in veitnam was that the generals didnt care what happened as long as the job got done.
they did protect them selves, and frankly they done more than they sould of.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Soldiers, especially NCO's are professionals. They have a soldier's code they must honor. To 'double-tap' is a no-no. If you shoot after the enemy is down (and not a threat, of course), that's murder. I don't know the circumstances of that video, maybe the Marines saw something we didn't. But the cheering like school girls is kind of sad.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
well devil its a little hard not to do that when you see your people and service men getting killed and getting their head chopped off I would do that same thing in their situation.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
so what. you try and leave your feelings at your bunnk or foxhole.
did he have anything to do with executions? no
he was rightly fired upon i would do the same but shooting him when he's wounded is diffrent

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Did any of you listen to what that soldier was saying. Honestly war horibble. What happened was brutal. I understand he was a threat but those soldiers acting completly unprofessional. This is why nobody respects the US.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
cyberdude78-The cheering and whooping is a natural reaction to fear and a rush of adrenaline and endorphines.

Having said that the "interview" at the end was kind of disturbing. But again we don't know the context of said interview or what question he was responding to.

Let's not judge - its obvious we don't have all the facts.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Meh, its funny that you all pick on US soldiers. You should check the armies of the second and third world and see if they act so professional. If it was a chinese soldier, he would shoot him, if it was a russian, he would shoot him (They did that with chechens because many would blow themselves up).

We don't know the situation, so its not up to us to decide if its right or wrong. If there were no more enemy contacts then they should take him as a POW, but if there were still enemy troops, then they should have left him there. Problem is you don't know if that guy would hurl a grenade at you while you are trying to help.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
cyberdude78-The cheering and whooping is a natural reaction to fear and a rush of adrenaline and endorphines.

Thats probably true. Its difficult to imagine a question in an interview that would justify the question the soldier gave.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
cyberdude78-Tell me if you hear something different. "..those guys are dead now you know but it's a good feeling [cut in video] afterwards your like hell yeah that was awesome."

So we obviously have some creative editing.

Also do we know if this soldier had anything to do with the shooting? Could this be a video with an unrelated inteview attached?

Question for first part - Opinion of Saddam's sons or how did you feel after the firefight?

Question for second - How did you feel after you took Baghdad?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join