It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pit Bull Conspiracy?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
The media and the law are trying to keep certain people out of certain areas and do so by using this breed as the proxy.

And thus we have a conspiracy theory. Thank you for seeing things as I do.

CX

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimistPrime
They need to have an idiot test before anyone owns any dog. If you are incompetent, or have a lifestyle that doesnt fit the breeds needs, then you get denied your choice of dog.

If only that would work.

We used to have a male bull mastiff, huge but the softest dog that ever there was. He was great with our babies and everyone else who came in contact with him. When we bought him, we went to a breeder and spent the day with her, and i said it was good that she had a chance to vett the new owners before she sold her dogs.

She sais that it only works to a degree. The worst dog owner that ever had one of her dogs was a vicar, beat the dog and kept him in a cage for the year that he had him. She got him back in the end.

CX.
edit on 11/11/10 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by frugal

Keeping any dog chained or caged for long periods of time will make the dog mean. Ask any dog trainer. Again, bad owners are at fault and not the breed.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Its like gun ownership. The potential for the gun to be used in a violent manner is there just as there is a potential for good, yet there is background checks and waiting periods put in place. Why cant there be an investigation done on owners of dogs before purchase. This sort of thing would be better than banning a breed due to irresponsibility.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Excuse me if I don't share your enthusiasm, but 2 pitt bulls got in my yard this morning and proceeded to rip my sweet cat in half! I am horrified right now and I can't think of anything you could say about this breed that would lead me to believe there is nothing wrong with them!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Is not a conspiracy, there are certain breeds that are for fight, that are aggressive, you can have one for pet, you can treat it well, and maybe the dog will be nice enough but there always will be the danger that in some moment the dog may react to something and become what he is truly is, a figther dog.

We humans are very illogical sometimes, we are the only race who insist it can make a dangerous animal behave nice with love and good treatment when the only thing that can change the nature of that animal is a DNA modification, if were not for the laws against some pets, people would have in their homes lions, tigers, bears, jaguar, wolves, hyenas, and who know what else thinking they are nice and peaceful animals who only needs love.
edit on 11-11-2010 by MonteroReal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Ah yes, this again.
And we have those who know the least and are in big denial speaking the loudest.
So you have one or more and they are good family dogs, well bullie for you.
The fact remains that a very large percentage of them are indeed as dangerous as a loose cannon.

Super strength jaws - you bet. Have you ever examined that jaw muscle.? It is thicker than most other breeds. And that is for a purpose.
Altho they were originally bred for bull baiting that all changed when the most dog aggressive individuals were bred to fight other dogs.

So if they are so human oriented, why are they the leading cause of dog attack deaths of humans?

Any dog can be trained to kill???
It would be a really rare Collie or Golden Retriever (and others) that could be so trained.

Comparing the Old English Bulldog to Pits is just silly. This breed cannot even have its puppies naturally. I think that these breeders are guilty of animal abuse.

Note to Peopleparty: You can get a dog to unlock, by pulling one or both hind legs out form under him. Thusly you destroy his leverage. Best to have a leash on both dogs tho to pull them away from each other, or they will just go at it again.

Optimist prime…the locked jaw is VOLUNTARY on the part of the dog! This is part of his fighting tactic.

My son has a lab pit mix. She is somewhat submissive and very kissy, kissy. However, I will never completely trust her. She's only about 3 years old. I have an aged Belgian Malinois. Even tho they seem to like each other, I can see little acts of "testing' on the part of the lab/pit. We don't let them together for more than a few suspervised minutes.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
www.dogsbite.org...
Click on "Read the full report." An exhaustive and analytical study done by the editor of an animal rights magazine. Conclusion? Yes, based on the many years of research(1980s -2006), Pit Bulls are different than other dogs, even Rottweilers.
Also, google the CDC report covering about the same time span. It comes to the same conclusions. There are other studies that come to the same conclusion if you research a bit. And they aren't generated by the MSM.

People are emotional about dogs. But these dogs are dangerous. If not banned, they should be in a special class that requires a special permit and training for ownership. Even if it were true that they are no more aggressive than other breeds, the damage they create to tissue and the permanent injuries and deaths that result from Pit Bull Attacks far exceeds any other breed. No, the NWO has no Pit Bull agenda considering that Rottweilers, German Shepards, and many other protective breeds are left alone. In this case, the MSM is reporting what is actually happening. The reason they do so is because it generates controversy(like on this thread) and hence ratings.
Pit Bulls are often protective and friendly to their own "pack"(human family) but that is not always the case with others, particularly other people's pets. And yes, sometime other breeds are aggressive toward pits. This is because dogs can sense the aggression & instability that these dogs harbor. Dogs breeds are the creation of human beings. Pit Bulls were bred to be fighting dogs for gambling/entertainment purposes. To say a Pit is not genetically predisposed to fight and create massive tissue damage is to say that Labs and pointers are not predisposed to be good hunting dogs.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimistPrime

Okay lets make this a statistical math problem for you, look up what breed acts difunctional the most, and kills other pets and poeple. Bingo! The pit bull. The numbers won't lie. In some cities it is illegal to own a pit bull and anyone doing so will face a jail cell and they will put the dog down. Children and adults have the right to be safe from dog attacks.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Well I still don't know whether my cat is alive or dead since those pitt bulls attacked her yesterday, we are still searching everywhere for her. I hope she is not too badly injured and laying low somewhere out of terror....This type of attack (read my earlier post) has happened to to other people I know, one being my daughter who was sheltering a female cat and her kittens, I won't go into detail but you know the outcome of that,gruesome, and a neighbor in another state. These dogs are viscious by nature, and a danger to everyone in their path.

If I find out who the owner is of those two pitt bulls are, I am pressing charges. If they are so careless as to let thier pitts run loose like that, they deserve to go to jail! We have leash laws for this very reason,so break the law and suffer the consequences. This neighborhood is full of children and family pets.

A pitt owned by a neighbor attacked my little Maltese dog two years ago, my dog was okay, needed lots of stiches, but complaints to the owner fell on deaf ears. Once animal control was called in, they moved. I know owners of pitts are very loyal to their pets, but come on, face the facts, be responsible about your ownership of this breed and stop being so ignorant!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Cool post, I've bred Pit Bulls for about 3 years, while having them all my life. It depends on the owner, bad owner equals a bad dog. Especially in the case of Pit Bulls because Pit Bulls are one of the most loyal dogs there are and they will do ANYTHING to please their owner. Now there may be some good "hard-headed" Pits but bad is a whole other thing.

There is no lie when they say Pit Bulls "lock" jaws. Depending on what bloodline an owner has they might not ever let go, such as "Gator" Which is one of the breeds I have. They lock like lions, tigers, and alligators.

SN: Staffordshire Terrier and the American Pit Bull Terrier, are two different breed of the same kind, just like a Yorkshire Terrier and a Silky Terrier. The difference is size, stance, canines, and lockage.

Pit Bulls get taller and bigger while the stance is versatile. Canines in the back of the mouth are really small and cant bite in the back, Lockage, Pit Bulls lock from the top of the mouth, this is why pure bred Pit Bulls have an "overbite".

Staffordshire is usually smaller than a Pit Bull, while the main stance is stocky, heads also don't get as big as Pit Bull, while some can, but most don't. Canines in the back are deadly, while lockage is a dual "overbite" and "underbite".

I know my stuff.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

Pit Bulls are already banned here in the UK so everyone has Staffordshire instead. I don't really like the idea of banning any breed of dogs.

The reason the banning of dogs makes me kind of angry is that it's humans that deliberatly made these dogs aggresive in the first place so that they could work for us and fight for our amusement.
Now people no longer find them amusing and are scared of them we want to round them all up and Kill them.

These are living breathing animals and we have a responsibility as a species to look after the things that we have created, not to just kill them when they no longer fit in with the current trends of society.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I don't think the NWO has anything to do with this, but then again I don't believe in the NWO anyway.

The Pit Bull has been bred for fighting/protection for sometime, I have no idea how that gets "bred out" of the breed. I would be hard pressed to trust Pit bulls around other dogs or children. Unfortunately I've seen too many bad incidents.

Saying that, I know Doberman's and Rotty's have had bad reps in the past. I've seen those breeds grow better reps, maybe Pits can do the same.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

They are banned in certain states of the US also, they are getting a really bad rep, because evil people want to fight them to make money. They are a really lovable breed.. Just have to raise them right... like children.

They are trying to ban them in my area also but I'm hoping they won't, If they do, I'll be moving to another state. I'm not giving up my dogs, they are family now, and security around the house too.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
double post
edit on 12-11-2010 by OptimistPrime because: double post

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by louieprima

Obviously you didnt see what that report was compiled from. www.dogsbite.org... If you read the last part of the first paragraph, it clearly states it was compiled from (here's the important part) PRESS REPORTS. Hmm.... Math based of what the MSM gives you=Bad Math. I can find more to bust these myths than you can to support em. www.petsdo.com... This site here claims to have some clout in theirs but doesnt do anything to show you what its based on. Heres a link to some more credible sources. dogs.about.com... www.dogwatch.net... www.realpitbull.com...
answers.yahoo.com...
www.austinlostpets.com...
www.webanswers.com...
www.pbrc.net...
We can go on and on. Time for some of you to do some homework or just stop trying to troll lol.
edit on 12-11-2010 by OptimistPrime because: wasnt finished

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I live in Ohio and about a month ago we had an eldely man out for a morning walk and some Cane Corso`s got out of a fence and just about tore him to bits. From what I understand this is a Very dangerous breed of dog. They are big like a Mastiff and very aggressive.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Cane corso---that's another breed that could go extinct for the benefit of humanity.
And that lilia brasilero or whatever it is can go too.
And I think there is another similar.
Agressive dogs, like lions and tigers and Chimps, should not live among humans.

It sure didn't take long to get some laws in place regarding chimps did it?
These agressive dogs have killed and maimed far more people than the chimps have,
so what's the hold up with some strict laws on them?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I say blame the owner not the dog

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I say people that cant handle a dog, regardless of breed, shouldnt have children. You are more likely to have a teenager lash out at you than a pit bull. Hell, these days theres more television attention to violent teens doing crazy sh*t than dog attacks. Judging by the kind of replies I have gotten from some members here with violent intent towards these dogs, some breeds of Humans should be banned. These kinds of posts should be shown in the Alien forum to show exactly why ET doesnt stop by for an official hello, Joe Bob with a shotgun and a 30 pack of Busch with woodland camo cans.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join