It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Pledge of Allegiance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I updated the PoA to better ring true in today's USA...err CDA:

I Pledge Allegiance, to the flag, of the Corporate Dictatorship of Amerika,
and to the Businesses, for which it stands, one pool of slaves, under God,
divided, without liberty and justice for all.

I feel this fits much better then the original.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Having trouble filling your hours, aren't you?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

I pledge allegiance, to my fallen brethren of the United States of America

and to the REPUBLIC that is currently under attack by ignorance and apathy,

One Sovereign Nation, under God, dividable by politicians, with liberty and justice for the rulers.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

I like this one too.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
How about this one.

I pledge allegiance to keep the United States of America United, and to rid the republic of the Federal Reserve.

Short and to the point.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
You forgot to mention our Chinese over-lords.

Hail to the Chinese over-lords!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Why would anyone want to pledge one's energy to a piece, or a large number of pieces, of cloth? The republic for which it stands would make sense if such a thing actually existed.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Why do people put K's in America when America is one of the least racist countries?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Whereas I cannot create a new thread, I figure I will post in this thread.

What happened to America? The men who founded this country would be ashamed. They would be ashamed of me, ashamed of you, and ashamed at everyone else. Why? Because our government is no longer for the people or by the people. Instead, it is for the wealthy, the powerful, the corporations, and those who seek to suppress our rights that exist from birth ‘til death. They seek to wage war in their interest, they seek to profit where we lose, they seek to go behind the backs of those who have the real power, the people.

John Locke, the most influential thinker in our founders’ minds said that governments serve as protectors of property, life, and rights. NOT providers of such. It is apparent that this is not so any longer. Those elected to preserve liberty are doing anything but. As each second passes, our liberties are being stripped away. Each right we are entitled is corroded under the supervision of those meant to represent us. We are treated as criminals who threaten their power. Like a disease, we must recognize the onset symptoms before it is fatal. American citizens everyday are inspected as though we seek to terrorize our fellow countrymen through means of wiretaps, false imprisonment, and abuse of technology. Is this liberty? No. Is this life? No. Is this the pursuit of happiness? No. Did our founders not pursue these three things? It is not a crime to question those who were enumerated with power to protect us. It is our money, collected through taxation is being used to treat us so. Those who seek to destroy our once-great nation and manipulate it into how they envision it hide in plain sight whilst seeking to gain where we lose. They do not see us as individuals. They do not see us as free. And they do not see us as a threat to their establishment. No they see us as passive, trough fed, ignoramuses.

We are at a time in which we can either recoup our liberty or face complete void of any individual freedom, much like the men who established this nation. “No man is an island entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main.” No founder stood individually. They stood together and fought for what it was they believe in. It is through unity and reason that we will combat the unreasonable. If we do not stand together, all men and women in this nation will be islands. Islands, that are embarked upon like how Columbus embarked on the shores of the New World. We will be stripped of everything we value in ourselves and society and be forced to mine the metaphorical gold for those who command so. We are the continent. Only our own folly will allow each and every island to drift apart.

I ask of you, my fellow lovers of liberty, is to lift the blindfold of justice temporarily, so that she may see what has been done under her guise. I ask of you to let them know that we are not pigs that eat from the trough, we are not apathetic, we are not going to watch our liberty be corroded. Instead we will let those in power know, that is us who have the power. Not the bankers, not the CEOs, the governors, but the electorate. So what say you? Will you join the side of liberty? Or be complacent and forsake our sons and daughters and generations to come?

If you desire to be heard, I ask that you wait. Wait for whenever those in power present a chink in their armor. But while you wait, spread the word that there are people out there who are working for the common man and not the powerful. We have people who have been working on creating a vocal movement, but not enough. We need you to help. You still have some rights. Use them. Tell those who remain ignorant without volition what you hear and read. Tell them about Baghram, tell them about TSA, tell them about the lies, tell them until their ears bleed. Failure to do so is an all encompassing failure. It is a failure to your country and to the rest of the world.

Do your part. E-mail this message, post it on every board on the internet, print it out and distribute it. Strength in numbers.

Until next time, TooPissed

top topics

join