It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the national debt another 'crisis' used to justify a dangerous 'reaction'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
9/11 was a crisis which the government used to justify their actions of two wars, Patriot Act, violations of civil liberties, an numerous other reactions to the ‘crisis’. In 2008 we had another crisis known as the Great Recession when the banks were about to fail and they responded to that crisis by giving them an outrageous bailout with our money. Since about 2002 Global Warming has been said to be a human generated disaster and they have responded with more regulations, restrictions, and violation rights.

This makes me wonder about our current ‘crisis’ which is about our debt. I do agree that our debt is at unsustainable levels and immediate action needs to be taken to stop our nation from destroying our own future. I do not know what sort of policies need to be implemented to counteract the effects of this debt crisis. I wanted to make that clear so that people don’t accuse me of not being worried about the debt.

I am just trying to raise a potentially important question. What could be the possible consequences of the reaction to this crisis? Here are a few things I could think of, please add what you can because this could be very important to the future of our nation.

I believe they could be gearing up to privatize Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and most if not all government services. ObamaCare requires that all Americans purchase health insurance, PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE. Could this be a huge sell-off to private corporations and Wall Street? A gigantic bailout of epic proportions where we would all have to go to corporations for assistance.

They would keep all the rules the same with the Social Safety net such as being required to pay into Social Security but you would actually be paying directly into the pockets of Wall Street. Our Health Care, Retirement, Education, you name it will all be under the direct control and authority of the private corporations to use our paid funds as their money to gamble with.

At least if they want to get rid of these programs they can just abolish them instead of handing them over to private corporations to gamble with.
edit on 11/10/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
BUMP

new topics

join