It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RATS down?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I have been reading the thread that SO posted this afternoon on RATS and now when I try to access RATS I get the 404 error message. What gives?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
RATS is working fine for me, and so is the thread. Try clearing your cookies/cache/history maybe?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
I have been reading the thread that SO posted this afternoon on RATS and now when I try to access RATS I get the 404 error message. What gives?

Same thing happened to me, kicked me out while I was actualizing a post.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

RATS was down for me also but I just tried it again and it seems to be working again.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I had to go to the store and buy my way back in.
Then it worked again. I guess they tightened up the access again.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I am curious now. I wanted to access RATS, but after searching couldn't find where I buy access. Is RATS access not able to be purchased anymore? Is it closed to new admissions? It seems, from reading some threads here in BB&Q, that people who already purchased access can still get to RATS.

So, I was wondering if only those with previously purchased access are able to get into RATS or if access can still be bought somehow.

Thanks for any help!
Take care,
Cindi

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Glencairn

The access qualification seems to have changed to "number of posts" made.
I am guessing, just guessing, that the current number required is 1000 posts. (Look at the post numbers of the people on this thread)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Does it still cost points to purchase? I hope so. The least amount of people that can access RATS the better.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
200 posts to enter.

Last I heard.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Thanks for your answers. I will have to just wait a while then. Despite the length of time I've been here, I still don't have 200 posts. I read so much and get so caught up in threads, but with offline stuff like mommy duties going on, by the time I finally finish a thread everything that I had to say has usually already been expressed. I don't want to come in and just be an echo without contributing some value to the conversation, so I find that I don't post very often.

I appreciate that you guys took the time to answer and help me figure this out. Thank you!
Take care,
Cindi

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

You only have thirteen posts to go!! You can make thirteen posts in one session.

Er, or is that only me?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

LOL! Probably pretty easy for most people, but a big posting spree for me is generally about 3 posts in as many days. I am slowly working my way there. It's not a big hurry and if it means waiting a bit longer until I can make posts offering some contributory value, I'm okay with that. It'll happen eventually.

Thanks again!
Take care,
Cindi

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

You're not missing much. People only create threads in RATS so that they don't come up in Google searches.

top topics

join