It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You think you deserve to earn more than $200k a year?

page: 33
<< 30  31  32   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I personally have an idea for a game show. It's called Are You Tougher Than A Day Laborer?

The purpose of the show would be to give spoiled upperclass trust fund babies and people spouting off their mouth about how hard they work (in references to those who don't work too hard and get paid stupid amounts of money and are arrogant and think so highly of themselves. Definitely not talking about people like the poster on page one who works 14 hours a day, he deserves his pay)

We would take a team of these full of themselves arrogant overpaid douches and pit them against a team of your average sincere day laborers (not the drunken barachos) and give them a basic task like menial labor. Wanna bet who comes out as the better man. I am sure the day laborers would win hands down. I've worked in the trenches with day laborers several times. They are tough SOBs. I've had 65 year old men who I have 50 pounds of muscle on out perform me. Pound for Pound i say they work the hardest for their money and they are paid absolute S. I say let these people who think they've worked so hard for their 200 +K a year salary try out for the game show. They might actually learn that for what they do they are grossly overpaid.

That being said. Some folks who make astounding amounts of money actually do deserve the cash and do work their tails off for it. Just not the majority of them. They literally have no clue about the real world and live in self absorbed bubbles of personal endulgence and gluttony. They don't think they are endulging but let them live the life of someone who actually works for a living and maybe they will see basic sense.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

First of all, I've known many like that. They all seem to have something morally objectionable in most deals. The word work or working, and sitting around on your duff screwing people over has gotten blurred. We've even attached reverance to people that do that. When confronted with the idea of how much time they're spending, sitting, they claim it's because they're smarter. Then it turns into an arguement of superiority.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

As time has passed I see how ignorant I was to put a figure on this post, despite much research and listening to both sides of the argument, I still conclude that by design every dollar you earn is a dollar that someone else does not have - this is a fact that can not be argued because every dollar get's it's value from someone else not having it and wanting it.

We can not justify our current monetary system period, when it is causing people to die at a time when we have the ability to provide basics to everybody.

We have all inherited this modern world, our ancestors worked hard enough to ensure every body in this day and age can have this basic human right, and the only reason we do not have it is greed.
edit on 28-5-2013 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

Becoming wealthy (via annual income or capital gains) is not necessarily a product of working hard and thus deserving it. The quasi slave labor in China "works hard" and yet has little to show for it. One must have a marketable skill or product and be able to profitably leverage same. The hedge fund operator may work only as hard as a small trader but his annual gain will be a function of his return x the money under management (ie, leverage). The actor or athlete has a specialized skill that society rewards more than the taco maker with the mobile taco truck but the owner of 3 taco trucks is in a position to make much more by leveraging his employees labor along with his capital and the willingness to risk it. Wealth rewards talent and risk not hard work per se.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Agreed, although struggle to see what Kim kardashian's skill is

Id also like to add to your post and say, skills worldwide are being upgraded constantly, what may have been a rare skillset 10 years ago is common. Or a skillset someone may have spent their life learning, may have been replaced by computers or machinery.
The problem I have as outlined above is that these systems are great for a few, ok for some, not working for others, and failing miserably for many in other countries and a few in the western world (resulting inevitably in death) at a time when we could easily provide the basics to all, and then use a system like capitalism to those who wish to have fancy toys and strive for more than the basics.

<< 30  31  32   >>

join