It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You think you deserve to earn more than $200k a year?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

You are missing the point - there is 1 pie and not everybody can have some, in order for you to have some of the pie you must take it from someone else directly or indirectly - there should be enough to go around if we all were not so afraid of doing the work required for our piece of the pie and if there were not 1% of people who have 24% of the pie to themself we can all have enough to live on. It is the system that is flawed - and everybody believing it can not be changed that keeps it that way.
Ofcorse nothing will change if the people getting a slice of the pie are not willing to give some up and keep telling the others that they have to work harder for it. Yes they can work harder and could take your pie - but the point is someone will always miss out when nobody has to in a perfect system.
edit on 10-11-2010 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Oh, but I bet your CEO and top managers gave themselves a nice fat pay raise.

TPTB are now openly flaunting reducing the middle working class to serfdom.

edit on 10-11-2010 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz

You are missing the point - there is 1 pie

...i agree with badger - there is NO pie... what you're asking for is, uh, well, jeez, communism... corporatist fascism sucks but it can always get worse (communism)...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

Have we all been so consumed by greed we cannot discern true value?

True value of what and who we are?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Communism didn't work because it was a corrupt Communism, not a true Communism.

Capitalism isn't working either.

We need to think outside the box and design a new system.

Things keep going downhill.

The few elite rich are getting richer and the rest of humanity is going to end up beggars and living in shanties if the majority of people don't wake up and fast.

We cannot keep going the way we are going.

Currently, the system we have is unjust and unfair.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

If your avatar is your pic, you are very hot! Wow

Your eyes have so much within them, like an ocean of empathy!

Fate will find you.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

if there were not 1% of people who have 24% of the pie to themself we can all have enough to live on

Some people just don't get it............they just don't see how they are being taken advantage of and yes, things could be run more fair if more people woke up and demanded a better system.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

You are missing the point - there is 1 pie

...i agree with badger - there is NO pie... what you're asking for is, uh, well, jeez, communism... corporatist fascism sucks but it can always get worse (communism)...

I dont have the answers. I just see a system getting worse that is going to eventually see 1% of people controlling all the wealth and the rest of us working for them just to be able to eat. We are humans, the ultimate problem solvers, sureley if we put our brains together we can come up with a system that does not lead to the minority living lavishly while the majority starve. communism is brilliant concept, but is frowned upon because of corruption. We now have computers that can do calculations that are unbiased, we need to combine our brains and technology to work together as a species, this can not be achieved if we are all working to support the lavish lifestyles of a few.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I don't believe in money, its slavery and a crime against humanity to me.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

Currently, the system we have is unjust and unfair.

So is life.

Thats why adults adapt and thrive.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Take a trip to Africa and see how the adults over there are going.
Go over there and tell them they need to work harder and stop whining.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
I don't believe in money, its slavery and a crime against humanity to me.

So you pay your bills how?

Send a few hundred bucks worth of love to the power company to keep your lights on?

Give a handful of magic beans to someone in order to pay for your housing?

Get real.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Star, Question for everyone:

If your government guaranteed you a house and food/ water etc to survive if you worked for free for the greater good, would you be willing to? Never having to gamble that one day you may luck out and not even be able to afford eat.

This is what I am thinking along the lines of, a communism where constitutional guarantee's are inplace that ensure you have the necessities of life, as we evolve those necessities can be added to, to include basics of the modern way of life.

We grow and evolve collectively.

For those that say NO - is it fear of corruption that holds you back, fear of the loss of your posetions and giving up your way of life to help others that holds you back?
edit on 10-11-2010 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Take a trip to Africa and see how the adults over there are going.
Go over there and tell them they need to work harder and stop whining.

That has what to do with my post?

I already said life isnt fair, and making it fair is not a function of government.

It is up to the individual.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
If this is you, then you are a PIG. (persons in greed) and do not deserve it.
Your a person who adds on extra taxes,interest,levys,file fees, handling fees,sr. charges,manipulate the market, steal,bribe,manipulate people or things,blackmail,lie,cheat,do not pay back,USE others money to make money,purposely make products to break or faulter early, do not pay your employees a reasonable wage, false pretenses,trickery,to water down,sell fakes,overwork the people for a low wage,USE TAX MONEY FOR PERSONAL GAIN,or stage dissasters so that a person has to buy more of your products or services. I'm sure there is alot more out there i am not listing. This is how a person in greed makes money and does not deserve to have. No matter the person, gov't,institution,religion,faction, buisness,or whatever. YOU PEOPLE KNOW WHO YOU ALL ARE. You need to be dealt with emmediately.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

If your government guaranteed you a house and food/ water etc to survive if you worked for free for the greater good, would you be willing to? Never having to gamble that one day you may luck out and not even be able to afford eat.

This is what I am thinking along the lines of, a communism where constitutional guarantee's are inplace that ensure you have the necessities of life, as we evolve those necessities can be added to, to include basics of the modern way of life.

1000000000000% hell no.

I enjoy something called freedom. Ever heard of it?

Proponents of an idea such as the one you proposed would typically be bottom feeding parasites who really couldnt support themselves due to any number of problems, namely stupidity, laziness, or a lack of motivation.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater

1000000000000% hell no.

I enjoy something called freedom. Ever heard of it?

Proponents of an idea such as the one you proposed would typically be bottom feeding parasites who really couldnt support themselves due to any number of problems, namely stupidity, laziness, or a lack of motivation.

I have heard of it, I just have not witnessed it equally dispersed. One man's freedom = another mans slavery literally.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Than I openly apologize to you.

I feel very bad right now not pulling my own weight and maybe lashed out of frustration.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

Perhaps you have a skewed definition of the word slavery.

How do you define it?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

No. Why? Sounds like slavery to me.

reply to post by ofhumandescent

Apology accepted. It took me a year to find a job and my husband is having the same problem, so I understand your frustration completely.

And I apologize if my post seemed snippy. I get irritated when people assume I mean something entirely different than what I said so I'm sure some of that came through in my response.
edit on 11/10/2010 by Jenna because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join