It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experts think California ‘mystery missile’ was merely a plane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I cannot believe that the Pentagon and the Military are going to say this now! Do they really think that we are that ignorant and asleep? Folks, this was not a plane, it was a ballistic missile or rocket of some sort. Here is the link to what they are saying now.

Wow, keep the lies coming.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Yeah ive never seen a plane shoot straight up in the sky...and have its end on fire....

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 733t-MNKY

From your cited source...

Harvard astronomer Jonathan McDowell told New Scientist that because a helicopter in flight recorded the video of the incident, it employed a visual angle that distorted the arc of the contrail. That effect was compounded, McDowell maintained, by the distinctive lighting of the sky at twilight--and the net result was a bit of an optical illusion.

"What isn't clear to me is whether anyone but this helicopter saw it," McDowell said. "If it's coming over the horizon, straight at you, then it rises quickly above the horizon. You can't tell because it's so far away that it's getting closer to you -- you'd think it was just going vertically up."

And even if it were actually a contrail from a plane that was seemingly taking a vertical trajectory, there are many military jets which do exactly this, and leave behind significant contrails in the process.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
They cannot be serious!!!! I don't know if everyone seen what I seen, but if def was no plane! Plus what plane has discharges that were obviously discharged! hmmm cover up anyone?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
They aren't experts...anytime they call in the so called "Experts" it's to convince the very, very, very stupid people that they are experts and they know what they are talking about...Ignorance is Futile...it's not even about experts or government or military. It's about our willingness to continue to buy into all of the lies and pass them off as truth to make ourselves feel better.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It is all a bunch of lies. A secret government operation to see how far they can confuse, scare, and manipulate the people. No one can ever answer what it really was, because it is top secret.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I didnt witness anything, nor watch the video. but I will say, that it wouldnt be the first time the media blew something out of proportion, causing hysteria, only to be completely wrong. nor would it be the first time they tried to cover something up.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It's perspective.....the plume was not going up, it was following the curve of the earth. All planes look like they are going up on one horizon and down on the other without every changing altitude. What got this noticed was the way it was lit by the sun. The reflection is off the plane, not the burn of a rocket.
There are similar instances of this same thing all over right now. Here's one from Michigan:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I still say they will never tell you, i have no idea and will not watch the video, as i think its rubbish news.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
You know. I must admit that at first, I bought into the suggest idea that it was a sub fired missile to show force to Asia ( for whatever reason).

But really, now that the actual experts are speaking up, rather than just a former ambassador who was speculating ( and even he suggested we wait for the experts and listen to them) what these guys say makes perfect sense.

and even people on ATS figured out that it is just a plane, combined with a sort of optical illusion that makes it look like it is going straight up, when in fact it is heading towards the camera...

On top of that, I read in another thread here on ATS that a similar sighting was seen the next day, and that the only thing in the area was an air plane...

as well as people proving that the trail we seem does not match what a rocket contrail/smoke trail would look like at that time and so on.

I think it really is a plane. Come one, let's not close our eyes and ears to the truth folks. This is ATS where we deny ignorance and find the truth in every thing, no matter what that truth may be.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

I didnt witness anything, nor watch the video. but I will say, that it wouldnt be the first time the media blew something out of proportion, causing hysteria, only to be completely wrong. nor would it be the first time they tried to cover something up.

Thats like saying nothing with alot of words

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Think I got this figured out now. Here are two shots of "missile" contrail, made by regular planes, flying regular routes the regular way.
These are from Michigan and Wisconsin respectively.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7d1712e0d493.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e4543199a688.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by theuhstuf

I agree, btw I love your pie times the sr of zero times infiniti! nice. lol, thats how I feel about life sometimes.

top topics

join