It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed to buy $105 bln in bonds; Treasurys improve

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
www.marketwatch.com...

"NEW YORK (Marketwatch) -- The Federal Reserve Bank of New York said Wednesday it will buy $105 billion in Treasury bonds over the next month, as the central bank engages in a second round of quantitative easing to support lending and spending. The amount includes purchases to be made under a previous program to reinvest cash from its maturing mortgage-related holdings back into Treasurys. Bond analysts expected the Fed to buy about $105 to $110 billion in the coming month. The Fed said how much in each maturity batch it would buy, starting Friday and on virtually every market day until Dec. 9. After the announcement, the broader bond market improved, pushing benchmark 10-year yields lower. Yields on 10-year notes /quotes/comstock/31*!ust10y (UST10Y 2.68, +0.02, +0.79%) , which move inversely to prices, turned down by 1 basis point to 2.70%, after touching the highest level in three months".

looks like the money will start flowing on friday 11/12/2010. I've never been very good at Predictions but I think it’s a safe bet to assume that everything we use on a daily basis will cost more. This is the feds way of trying to pay off debt by the devaluation of the dollar and inflating the price of commodities. The down side is that........ yes you and I will be the ones that ultimately will be paying the bill through the higher cost of living and smaller savings accounts.

join