It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Oak Island," Latest update.."Will its secrets be lost forever?"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Hiya Johnny, whether there's gold in them thar holes or not, the island is like a metaphor for humanity. What won't we do in search of a McGuffin?

Is your 'intuitive' friend the same guy you told me about last year? The guy involved in a controversial, pre-Clovis site? Damn! What's the name of that site? It's not Topper is it? Will you post/u2u the name of the guy you mentioned last year? I'd enjoy reading some more with a fresher outlook.

Cheers,
K

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Hiya Johnny, whether there's gold in them thar holes or not, the island is like a metaphor for humanity. What won't we do in search of a McGuffin?

Is your 'intuitive' friend the same guy you told me about last year? The guy involved in a controversial, pre-Clovis site? Damn! What's the name of that site? It's not Topper is it? Will you post/u2u the name of the guy you mentioned last year? I'd enjoy reading some more with a fresher outlook.Cheers, K

The fellow I was speaking of in the Oak Island context was the late George McMullen. It was an associate of mine who was with him there. I walked a few sites with him in the Toronto area. George was a friend of prominent Canadian archaeologist Dr. Norman Emerson, who was convinced of his abilities to an 80% success rate. I have yet to confirm much of what he told me, but some of it has proven correct. I wonder if the pre-clovis site you mention was associated with Emerson as it strikes me that I may have heard that he and George discussed some North American artifacts of apparent deep antiquity.

Or my comments may have referred to the Sheguiandah site www.magma.ca.... Apparently the jury is still out to an extent. I also cite Tom Dillehay in the pre-clovis department, though Monte Verde is now regarded as credible. Sorry I can't be more precise.

Still and all, to take it full circle, I'm delighted when new posters discover Oak Island and keep the discussion alive. Next time I'm down east, I'll try to take a tour since I never got past the causeway last time.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

That's the one...Sheguiandah. It's hard to remember the names of places that are hard to spell! George McMullen was the guy and you also sent the same link to the Sheguiandah site. I've had two hard drive crashes in the mean time and lost the bookmarks.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Hey matey! , thanks for the email of the map.Thats awesome! Why Captain Kidd though?
Where did they ever get the idea it was him?I have never done any research on him in particular,maybe I should.
Anyways I wish more people would get into this kind of mystery rather than fighting on other threads over contrails and spiderwebs.
This is the real deal and the clues and the trail just seem to lead to more speculation and mystery.
I'll keep my eye on any more updates, but I feel like this mystery might just disappear into the wind soon and that would be a shame.Thanks for guiding me along and including your earlier threads.The more info the better.
Peace.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks for looking at this thread.I see your friends with Johnny, cool, hes been really helpful and friendly .So if you have another angle on this story I would love to hear your ideas.

I just listened to memory man.Wow! is that you? Thats really cool.I just got ableton and have been playing around with it.Ive got a couple songs on my youtube channel.Its mostly ambient trance kind of stuff.I dont know if you'd like it but I'll include my links so if you want you can listen and give me some feedback.its pretty raw and not perfect, because I'm just figuring out what I can do with it so I apologize if it seems crude.But any critism would be appreciated be it positive or negative.Thanks.Peace.
P.S.: I know this is off topic and I apoligize, but I couldnt help it, anyways thanks again.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

edit on 11-11-2010 by mark1167 because: text

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Here are some more interesting ideas I found.I hope I'm not rehashing info, but I geuss this is for people unfamilair with the possible Templar connection.

"In 1954 the owners of the Money Pit received a letter informing them that the treasure below tiny Oak Island was not pirate gold but a treasure of far greater value. The treasure, the owners were told, would contain sacred relics and gold of the temple of Jerusalem together with manuscripts and documents that will add to man's knowledge of human history. From other sources, the belief that the documents concealed may include the earthly genealogy of Jesus Christ. The Holy Grail, according to Holy Blood, Holy Grail authors, may not actually be a chalice or dish, but a bloodline extending from King David through Jesus to modern times. One intriguing clue is that Sir Francis Bacon wrote of preserving important documents in mercury. Flasks with a residue of mercury have been found on Oak Island."

"In 1398, almost a century before Columbus, Henry Sinclair of Rosslyn would lead an expedition to lands in eastern Canada and New England that had been visited by the Norse for centuries. His pilot was Antonio Zeno who kept detailed records and maps of the voyage. Landing in Nova Scotia on the second day of June in 1398, Sinclair sent a small army to explore. He would send his Italian navigator home and he would remain for at least one winter. From a base in Canada, Sinclair led a small army south. In Westford, Massachusetts, a skirmish with the native residents culminated in the death of Sir James Gunn. The Scottish force would leave a detailed carving in stone with the Clan Gunn coat of arms, which is still visible today. Another knight, unidentified, died or was killed on the route south, his skeleton and suit of armor to be discovered in Fall River in colonial times. The most remarkable monument to their expedition was the construction of an octagonal Templar chapel in Newport, Rhode Island. Modeled after the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem, Templars would erect such structures in various places in Europe. The only other such temple in Scotland was in Orkney where the Sinclair family ruled. The "Newport Tower" would later become a matter of great debate, although the earliest European explorer to view the Rhode Island coast was Verrazano who recorded it on his map. Evidence of the pre-Columbian expedition would be brought home as well."

"Starting in 1436 the Sinclair family planned the construction of a remarkably complex chapel in Rosslyn with carvings of pagan heads, and items allegedly unknown in Europe until after Columbus, like cornhusks and aloe. The brought construction workers, masons, from all over to build the chapel and to construct a massive hiding place in rock that could hold a treasure as well as an army. While the masons arrived in 1436, actual work in Scotland did not begin until 1441. It would make little sense to employ workers for five years without putting them to the task."

"More likely, they were at work. The Sinclair fleet had brought their army of masons to the soon-to-be-discovered New World. There they would construct the booby-trapped Money Pit. Using engineering skills known both to the Templars and St. Bernard's Cistercians, the deep shaft, the long water tunnels, the false beach and concealed drains were all put in place. "

"For a century the Templar treasure would rest safe in Rosslyn. The descendants of the Templar knights would become organized as "free masons" and employed and protected by the Sinclair family. When James II became king he decreed the Sinclair family to be the hereditary guardians of the Freemasons. This connection has not been severed in Scotland. "

"The affairs of state and religion, however, would soon bring the Clan Sinclair to war again. Protestant mobs inspired by Calvin would sweep through Scotland. The target would be icons in Catholic Churches and the Sinclair family, ardent Catholics, gathered up the gold chalices and other goods of churches they supported. The English Crown, now in Protestant hands, rose against the families that controlled Scotland. In 1542, the Battle of Solway saw defeat for Scotland and the loss of Oliver Sinclair, the right hand of James V's reign, to English capture. The king predicted at the birth of his daughter Mary that his family dynasty would end. He placed Mary, later known as Mary, Queen of Scots in the care of the Sinclair family. Oliver, furloughed from English prison for a short visit to his home in 1545 disappeared from Scotland and history."

"While the debate remains unresolved, the indisputable truth is that someone with a great deal of knowledge and engineering expertise went through a lot of trouble to conceal something. And that they finished their complex project at least before 1795. The carbon dating process pushes the dates back as early as 1390 and as late as the 1660s. Who might have had the motive to construct such an elaborate complex before European colonization reached Nova Scotia? Who would had such an important treasure to protect? And who might have had the ability and the manpower to design and construct such a device? "

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
wow, I started thread about this two days before.....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

I've always been intrigued by Oak Island myself. Always wondered about the makeup of the Triton Alliance and if there was anything more to that.

I came to investigate about Oak Island from the Templar connection. Henry Sinclair was on an important journey as he went through Canada. What that journey was is still a guess to me, but my strongest thought is that he was preserving Templar documents from falling to the church. The same documents that may have been found under/in/above Solomon's temple. From what I've read, Sinclair did have the motive and means to pull off Oak Island. Does seem like an awful lot of work though.

The "out-there" theory: I've also considered that it is an older, elaborate device that was used to trap something below. Like a tomb. Something man wasn't supposed to open.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Wow thats crazy.I looked and didnt see yours.I am usually very conscious
about making sure I dont step on someones thread.Sorry man.
Hope mine answered any questions you had on new developements.
Peace.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Interestingly the island is so messed up by the treasure hunters and varies campaigns that the original location of the pit isn't even know. There are guesses as to its position (which also adds to the mystery I guess).

I also read somewhere that the channels that flood the pits are natural and not man made as previously thought.

I do love this mystery but I dont think it will ever be solved because of the costs involved in excavating the island, its rather remote. I think the biggest problem is that the mystery of whats in the pit is a mystery...

I mean, if they knew for a fact that 100 Million Dollars in gold was hidden on the island then we can bet that it would be found because the cost of the expedition would always be less than the possible riches.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Knights Templar .... www.paralumun.com...

Sinclair's voyage ..... www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
i have been interested in oak island since I as a kid as well. Who doesn't love a good mystery? As i have gotten oldder my views on the money pit have changed. I dont beleive that there is anything of monatary value at all. But something even more important. Its obvious that whoever built it didn't want what was down there to be found, pirates would want their treasure back, plain and simple. Who knows whats down there? It could be anything from ancient scrolls detailing the process of dna manipulation to very valuable marriage documents (just kidding). Personally I belive that it was the Knights Templar. What they were hiding I can't guess but all the possibilites sure are fun think about.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

This is the first (and last) time I will mention how our efforts truly went about near those islands (cause otherwise I'll be sued into the Stone Age by a very powerful group of individuals that some compare to the supposedly non-existent Illuminata).

Stopped reading here, BS meter was going off the charts

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
here's my theory on oak island

the "treasure" has been long ago removed, during the revolutionary war.
Here's my reasoning, If the the treasure was placed there by the templars, then its location could have been known to the founding masons, since there is a definative link between the two groups.
There would most certainly have been masons in the officers corp of the royal army and the royal engineers would have had the skills to have excavated the site.
And i remember reading recently that someone had found a reference, in a british archive, to an expedition to the area by the royal army/engineers during the revolutionary war, that had to do with army payroll, ie a found treasure?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Good to see interest in Oak Island is still high. A shame that the truth will surely never be known and anything found will be swept up by private collectors with big money.

I always used to think that it was probably Blackbeard's treasure after reading that he is quoted as saying he buried his treasure "where none but Satan and myself can find it". Indicating, I thought, that the treasure was booby-trapped to kill all seekers, a description that fits the constantly flooding money pit. However a search for the quote only turns up stuff on Oak Island so I now think it may be a fabrication.

off topic a little:
If the Templars fled to Scotland then perhaps they hid whatever they were carrying in the tomb of King Arthur? Pretty far fetched but it makes more sense than a journey to Oak Island and there is a certain holy grail connection.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I agree that whatever is or was down there was supposed to remain untouched forever. A sort of Pandora's box if you will. If it were just information (such as DNA manipulation evidence or definitive ancient alien proof)...why would it not be destroyed or--better yet--why would it be hidden in the first place? It must have been either a butt-load of treasure as many believe OR something that was incapable of being destroyed by man. In the case of the latter...I am extremely curious, but think it would be best to leave well alone. The last thing I want is my face melting off.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I alway thought it was strange that Franklin Roosevelt's company searched the island. Roosevelt became such a powerful figure, I wonder if he found something which gave him power

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatestKIdd
I agree that whatever is or was down there was supposed to remain untouched forever. A sort of Pandora's box if you will. If it were just information (such as DNA manipulation evidence or definitive ancient alien proof)...why would it not be destroyed or--better yet--why would it be hidden in the first place? It must have been either a butt-load of treasure as many believe OR something that was incapable of being destroyed by man. In the case of the latter...I am extremely curious, but think it would be best to leave well alone. The last thing I want is my face melting off.

That would be awesome dude!!!

edit on 20-11-2010 by mark1167 because: bad link

edit on 20-11-2010 by mark1167 because: new link

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Blackmarketeer
If something was found they'll never admit it to keep the tourists dollars flowing, I mean if people are willing to pay money to look at a hole in the ground why not take advantage of the situation?

With the mining and excavation tech we have today, you can't believe they can't uncover whats at the bottom of this pit. Between Chilean miner rescues and the Minsk diamond mine, we can dig very deep, and pumps and shoring, or even a sleeve, could keep all the water out.

I suspect the only reason that they haven't found anything, and will never find anything, is to keep the mystery alive, because that's all they have there - the "mystery". Without that it's nothing more than a hole that might have once held some loot.

Its not like they're millionaires from tourists. lol

It's a privately owned island, tourists would be very limited.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The (Untold) Story of The Oak Island Money Pit

The Oak Island Money Pit was constructed by the “powers that be” who were and still are to this day, the secret force that controls the course of mankind on earth.
This organization is known as - The “Free Masons”.

The story of The Oak Island Money Pit begins in the 1760’s
It was conceived by a number of Britain’s high ranking navy officers, who were also Masonic 33 degree members of the Free Masons and belonging to the Masonic “Premier Grand Lodge of England”.
These Masons were members of the Whig Party opposed to the next successor to the throne, the unstable King George III.
These members were:
Washington Shirley, 5th Earl Ferrers – Vice Admiral - Grand Master of the Masonic Lodge – Premier Grand Lodge of England
George Anson, Baron Anson – Admiral of the Fleet
George Keppel, 3rd Earl of Albemarle - Commander-In-Chief
Augustus Keppel, 1st Viscount Keppel – Rear Admiral – Brother to George Keppel
William Keppel – Lieutenant-General – Brother to George Keppel
George Pocock – Admiral – Commander of the Invasion of Havana
and
Benjamin Franklin – First Grand Master of Pennsylvania who met in 1760 with the Grand Master of England to discuss their plan.

The Mason’s plot originated after King George III’s destruction of the Whig’s political power with his redirection of this power to the Tory Party, and the Mason’s concern of the imminent invasion of England, during the Seven Years’ War, by the joint forces of France and Spain. Spain outlawed all forms of secret organizations, including the Free Masons.

The Mason’s plan was to redirect a fortune to the “New World” (North America), to enable the transfer of the Masonic organization, if and when these fears materialized.
Their plan entailed the capture of Havana in 1762.
Havana’s Morro Castle was the Fort Knox of Spain, holding the South and Central America’s gold supply prior to its shipment to Spain.
The invasion of Havana was under the command of George Keppel, with Admiral George Pocock and Keppel’s two brothers Augustus and William Keppel, commanding the actual attack. They were successful with the capture of Havana and Fort Morro and its unprecedented amount of treasure. They also captured a number of the Spanish Fleet, which was needed to accomplish their plan. Accordingly, Admiral Pocock returned to England with the main English fleet carrying a portion of the treasure, while Augustus and William Keppel along with their crew and Masonic engineers all sworn to secrecy, manned the 8 Spanish Galleons and the 2 British Man of War. This treasure was diverted to a small island off the coast of New England and Nova Scotia now called Oak Island.
At Oak Island the treasure was buried based on the Masonic 13th degree “Royal Arch” (Enoch’s Temple) consisting of nine arches going down nine levels by way of a main shaft (The Money Pit) which was dug down to the bedrock. From the ninth level another tunnel was constructed which ran back up to a point above the known water level, roughly 20 feet underground and at this point an enormous cavern was built to hold the treasure. The treasure was carted down the main shaft and placed up into this cavern. To conceal their plot they had the 8 Spanish ships dismantled with all the wooden parts not used in the construction of the shaft, tunnels and cavern burnt and all the metal parts (canons, anchors and bolts) were placed at the bottom of the main shaft. Flood tunnels were built out to the ocean to booby trap any treasure seekers attempts to follow down the main shaft. A large stone was placed at the air lock (8th level) as bait to activate the flooding. This stone had strange engravings on it to entice any unworthy greedy treasure seekers to pause and take the bait (stone) away for deciphering, thus allowing time for the tunnels and main shaft to fill with water and be destroyed forever. The Masons knew exactly by their calculated mark above ground where the treasure cavern was and could access it by digging down 20 feet.
Once the treasure was secured in the cavern and all the evidence was hidden from the island it was documented that the Keppels sailed back to England with 2 ships and a small portion of the treasure, claiming that the remainder of the fleet had sunk in a hurricane on route.
The Masons left several markers on the island to relocate the treasure.
1 large triangle or more precisely a crude Sextant
2 drilled holed stones
1 large stone cross
These combined markers point to the “X” where the cavern is today located.

Is the treasure still in this cavern?

I believe it was removed in 1795
One of the three original discoverers of the Money Pit was Daniel McGinnis, who stated he was drawn to the island when he noticed strange lights appearing on the island just prior to his discovery.
These lights were made by the Free Masons when they returned for their treasure.
This Masonic party was headed up by George Washington, President of the United States – acting Grand Master of the Washington DC Masons.
The treasure’s vast fortune was used, as planned, to further the power of the Free Masons in their new world, with them becoming “The New World Order”.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join