It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Softer Al-Qaeda in Saudi Arabia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
You won't believe this article I found today, stating that the newly appointed honcho of Al-Qaeda in Saudi Arabia

BEIRUT: The recently announced appointment of a "relatively mild" figure to lead Al-Qaeda in Saudi Arabia and the repeated Saudi crackdown on the group will lead to a breakthrough in the crisis that has destabilized the kingdom, according to an Islamist engaged in efforts to end the violence.

relatively mild? what does this mean, the victims will be killed less violently?

"They (Al-Qaeda leaders) failed to come up with clear objectives, which was why they were carrying out vengeful attacks rather than ones that would lead to political gains," said Qassem.

Oh, ok so you must have clearly defined political objectives to justify attacks...its ok then huh?

"Oufi is now a leader of the remnants of this damaged ship and those in it need help to survive. That's why the Saudi amnesty offer came at the right time," said Awaji.

At the right time? They think this is a breather and an opportunity to redefine what their group stands for? As far as I know the amnesty states they won't employ the death penalty, but all suspects will face trial., even if they surrender.

Someone needs a reality check.....

www.dailystar.com.lb... &article_id=5770

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
At the right time? They think this is a breather and an opportunity to redefine what their group stands for? As far as I know the amnesty states they won't employ the death penalty, but all suspects will face trial., even if they surrender.

Someone needs a reality check.....

2 big names have already given themselves up to the authorities.

news.bbc.co.uk...

new topics

join