It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Live

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
By John Carpenter. Just watched it and although the acting is laughable, i would say there are very valid points regarding control, the elite, shapeshifters and consumerist society. I advise anyone who hasn't seen it to see it...It's an old film but quite good.

[edit on 29-6-2004 by baron_Samedi7]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Yeah, everyone who wants to know more about conspiracies and such might take a look at it...

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I love They Live, a very great movies one of the best fight scenes of all time and that shall ever be takes place in that movie.

As far as truth goes, considering David Icke based most of his insane mythology on They Live and the tv mini-series V I don't know how much real truth is in there, but great stuff none the less.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Maybe you could find a link about this film,

Or some other info so we can get a disucussion going

Asala

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I don't know whether Icke based his sh1t on this movie but i wouldn't mind a pair of those sunglasses in the film.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
www.theofficialjohncarpenter.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
I love They Live, a very great movies one of the best fight scenes of all time and that shall ever be takes place in that movie.

Spiderj

Yeah that fight scene was great one of my all time favorites. I even love southparks tribute to the fight with the Timmy Jimmy brawl it was great. You have to love a movie with lines like "Im here to kickass and chew bubble gum and im all out of bubblegum''

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Subliminal advertising. It does exist. Also low frequency sound that is not discerned consciously but still affects/influences humans.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I even love southparks tribute to the fight with the Timmy Jimmy brawl it was great.

That was truly hilarious, damn genius'.

I thought it was pretty well proven that subliminal messages were tried in the fifties but aren't used. There's high suggestion, but no subliminal ads going on...buy Tide...at all that's just my opinion though.

Drink Pepsi!

Spiderj

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
They Live is a classic.Like you guys said,that was one of the greatest fight scenes ever,it seemed like it lasted for about 15 minutes.The subliminal programming and masking of the aliens is pretty creepy too.I have this one in my DVD colloection!

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The fight scene is comical to say the least. In reality just a few of those punches would do some serious damage to the face. It was like an episode of tom and jerry.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I'm also a great fan of George A.Romero's films. Especially Day of the Dead. The sheer apocalyptic nature of his films is also a comment on modern consumerist culture. I've heard he is going to bring out a new film soon.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I'm sure Roudy Roddy Piper, being a professional wrestler, insisted that there be a fight scene of that magnitude. Definately the most entertainingfight scene of all time. John Carpenter rules!

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GriBiT
I'm sure Roudy Roddy Piper, being a professional wrestler, insisted that there be a fight scene of that magnitude.

I thought that too!

Not being a fan of wrestling or action films per se, I usually skip that scene, it was funny the first time round, after, it just bores me.

//

The gist of the film - An alien race masked as human beings are taking control of the planet covertly through subliminal use of mass media. The rich and social elite are allowing and aiding this in exchange for financial and social gains, and a promise of a place of security in the future.

Sure does sound like Icke doesn't it!

I think the themes of a ruling elite group and the use of the media to control the masses is spot on.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   
If you consider the fact that the same bloodlines have been ruling over the masses for centuries..It sure looks suspect.

top topics

join