It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SKorean navy ship sinking after boat collision

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This just came in! Doesn't seem serious but its worth keeping an eye on!
Not much news on this now but we'll keep you updated on this thread!

Source:
news.yahoo.com...

SEOUL, South Korea – A South Korean navy ship was sinking late Wednesday after colliding with a larger fishing boat off the southern coast, the military said.
The 150-ton navy vessel was on a routine patrol mission when it collided with a 270-ton fishing boat in the waters northwest of the southern resort island of Jeju, a spokesman at the Joint Chiefs of Staff said.
Twenty-eight navy sailors have been rescued but two were still missing, the spokesman said on condition of anonymity citing department policy.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Mmmm......I guess none is really interested in another South Korean Navy ship sinking.......lol....if war really breaks up between these 2...most people won't even really believe it....

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
You would think a navy ship would have radar or a least someone with good eyesight steering it.Was it a NK "fishing" boat doing a bit of big game fishing.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
How long until the media spins this as a collision with a North Korean ship or even that the SK ship was sunk by a NK warship?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
So their warships are pretty laughable.

But God help us if they send an armada of their fishing boats ... we're doomed

Namaste,

Deckard666

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Star and flag! - Timing about this is very alarming... I would not count that truth about sinking is any collision - just in moment of G-20 meeting in SK... Huh, huh... Something is happening in big scale now, and that is not good for us. Too many strange events are taking place at same time... I can be wrong, but.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
So we are to believe that a fishing boat has more integrity to the structure than a South Korean warship? Aren't those our American designs they use for their ships?

No way it was a "fishing boat" accident. It's not like ships are flying at 900 mph. Seriously, who is supposed to believe that? Oh ya, that's right, the general public. Nothing to see here, just a fishing boat taking down our warship, this stuff happens..

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Well according to the article, the fishing vessel was 120 tons heavier.
edit on 10-11-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Seen them warships and I can tell you that for that to have happened the following took place:
Either:
* Steering compartment gear broke beyond repair (very unlikely)...oh and the back-up fail as well!
* The personnel looking out of the bridge for other boats (including the people inside the bridge...ie: captain) were sleeping.
* Radar sensors failed during that time of the collision (only in the movies)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

Dense FOG!! Or swamp gas lol. Sounds like this ship got flat ran over by the larger fishing vessel.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Maybe the missile from California hit it

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by salty_wagyu

haha nice. That one made me laugh

Anyways what the hell is this 1850? since when do boats just run into eachother? They are the slowest forms of transportation. Something doesn't sit right with this

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ringht_n_wrong

Seriously how big is the friggin ocean? I does not say exactly how close to the South Korean Coast this was but I suspect it was trying to cut the fishing boat off. How embarassing if it was a game of chicken..good find. It would appear that the ATS members always get the news before it goes to the major networks..

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ringht_n_wrong
This just came in! Doesn't seem serious but its worth keeping an eye on!
Not much news on this now but we'll keep you updated on this thread!

Source:
news.yahoo.com...

SEOUL, South Korea – A South Korean navy ship was sinking late Wednesday after colliding with a larger fishing boat off the southern coast, the military said.
The 150-ton navy vessel was on a routine patrol mission when it collided with a 270-ton fishing boat in the waters northwest of the southern resort island of Jeju, a spokesman at the Joint Chiefs of Staff said.
Twenty-eight navy sailors have been rescued but two were still missing, the spokesman said on condition of anonymity citing department policy.

I would hardly call a 150 ton vessel a "ship". But I would say that the North Korean Boat played chicken with it and won. Typical.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

It was a South Korean fishing boat. North Korea had nothing to do with it.

The 150-ton navy vessel was returning to its base following a routine patrol mission Wednesday when it collided with a 270-ton South Korean fishing boat in waters northwest of the southern resort island of Jeju, a spokesman at the Joint Chiefs of Staff said. The cause of the collision wasn't immediately known.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

new topics

top topics

join