It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Schools in Broward on Lockdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

All Schools in Broward on Lockdown

cbs4.com

In addition to the unspecified threat,Pembroke Pines police said an email was also sent stating that"something big was going to happen"around government buildings in Broward county.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
edition.cnn.com

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I just saw this on Twitter,its definitely something to keep an eye on.I hope that its just a bogus threat and nothing happens..CNN is reporting that seventeen schools are on lock down.I don't have much more to add at this point,but I will keep you posted as the story develops.Hopefully it turns out to be nothing,especially when children are involved!

cbs4.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Fox News is now saying that a woman called into a local radio show,and said that her husband would show up at a school and just open fire...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Here's a couple more sources, ...

Threat Forces Lockdown of Pines, Broward Schools

Police: Schools, public buildings on lockdown in Broward Read more: www.miamiherald.com...

Florida's Broward County schools on lockdown after 'credible threat'

Miami, Florida (CNN) -- All schools in Broward County, Florida, are under a lockdown Wednesday because of what a county spokeswoman described as "credible threat."

Pembroke Pines Deputy City Attorney Julie Klahr told CNN the full-scale lockdown was requested by police as a precautionary measure and extends as well to the school system's administrative offices.
******SKIP******
According to the Pembroke Pines Police Department, a "possible threat" was received at 8:40 a.m. "in reference to the schools within the city of Pembroke Pines.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

You add nothing to the topic yet people feel the need to star your comments?? Must be logging onto your alt and staring yourself.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This sounds more important than is being let on. If you read a bit about recent things happening, you will see it has nothing to do with 1 psychopath. I mean come on 200 + schools in lockdown. All because of one idiot. Does not seem likelly in any book.

Firthermore, you have many other credible sources saying that some schools are not closed and nothing is going on. A lot of questions indeed.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

I hear it's because a group of Swamp Apes have been seen marching out of the everglades and towards Miami.
Or a group of GIANT anaconda are coming out of the everglades towards Miami.

or maybe just this:

Threat puts Fla. county schools on lockdown
The Associated Press
Posted: Wednesday, Nov. 10, 2010
PEMBROKE PINES, Fla. Schools in Florida's second-largest county are on lock down as a precaution after police say a woman called a radio station and said her husband was going to a school to start shooting.

Broward County schools were locked down Wednesday after the woman told the radio station her husband was going to start shooting at a school in Pembroke Pines, a Fort Lauderdale suburb.

Police say there is no credible threat and that all schools are safe.

Police say an e-mail was also sent to the radio station, saying "something big was going to happen," possibly at a post office or at a school.

Investigators have not confirmed the identity of the man or woman.

Read more: www.charlotteobserver.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dthwraith

I think he added a lot to the topic.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
My initial reaction:
If we can't garner their trust through the deaths of innocent adults, we will get em' where it really hurts, the children. And it serves a dual purpose, now we can have even more restrictions enforced upon the "safety" and well being of children and schools all across America. Think Prussia.
Either that, or I've had too much coffee.

You know those children are scared, and the parents, good thoughts and prayers I'm sending that way.
edit on 10-11-2010 by recycled because: compassion

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It figures it's florida freaking out,I live here,and have to deal with it's third world lameness on a daily basis.

Florida;a beautiful place,full of ugly,fearful people.

I gotta get outta here.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Lockdown extended to all 300 schools,257,000 students.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

Just wondering what is keeping you in Florida?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

The weather,not much else.

Looking to buy a sailboat soon,and view the world from the other side.....

...Or ride my bicycle around the country for a year or so...

I have no reason to stay anywhere.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotsPride
Lockdown extended to all 300 schools,257,000 students.

www.breitbart.com...

clearly this is something big itself,

257,000 students are now being told to be fearful and there is something to fear, and they are witnessing their schools react out of fear,

that in itself is something big, part of the win for any one who would wish to instill fear with a threat, is the reaction.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

Then just get out of Florida and stop crying abou it

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
First off, it is probably impossible to make an untraceable call nowadays. So they know damn well who did this.

Secondly, why would someone call a radio station, instead of the police or the school, if this threat were real? Obviously this was planned for max publicity.

www.justnews.com...
"At one point, a representative from nearly every state and federal law enforcement agency was either on a conference call or inside the Pembroke Pines Police Department to deal with the threat."

Thirdly, why would the feds get involved in one anonymous phone threat? Do they always do that? No, they don't--unless they planned this as a drill. This was to get you used to the idea that it is the G, not you, that has control over your own children.

On 10-5-06, Nebraska schools in three counties were under lockdown following an anonymous call to a newspaper that said there would be a shooting at an unspecified school. It turned out to be a local deputy sheriff. And that's probably what you got here.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
First off, it is probably impossible to make an untraceable call nowadays. So they know damn well who did this.

Secondly, why would someone call a radio station, instead of the police or the school, if this threat were real? Obviously this was planned for max publicity.

And, to add to the weirdness, I must say that tonight the Channel 7 news down here in Broward (I believe it's the Fox afiliate, but can't remember at the moment).

So the reporter says basically that the guy's impetus was a rant by a local AM radio talk show host who indorsed our new, wonderful representative elect Alan West. At any rate, the guy apparently sent her an email:

Rakofsky would not elaborate beyond his statement, only to say police had questioned and released several individuals but are still searching for the person that originally placed the phone call to WFTL 850 AM.

According to Rakofsky, further investigation revealed the same station received an email echoing those same sentiments, much earlier in the morning. Pembroke Pines Police did release a portion of that email, which stated: "I'm planning something big around the government building here in Broward County, maybe a post office, maybe even a school."

The writer said Joyce Kaufman, who is a host at the radio station, inspired the threat. Kaufman happens to have recently been announced as the Chief of Staff to recently elected Florida Rep. Alan West.

Words that Kaufman uttered during a July 4th rally in Fort Lauderdale may have come back to haunt her. "If ballots don't work, bullets will," Kaufman is heard saying.

Those are the words that sources said may have motivated a South Florida man to make threats of unthinkable violence. Seven News was told the man was watching MSNBC Tuesday night when a clip from the rally was shown. Sources believe Kaufman's words motivated him to write a threatening Email, which was sent to a radio station.

Part of the e-mail read: "Something big will happen. "The man's wife then called WFTL with her fears.

CITING: www.wsvn.com...

She's quoted as saying a rally that "If ballots don't work, bullets will". Here's my thing, her side won!? Alan West, her candidate, won...I know, I know, she said that prior to this incident. But if this guy is disaffected, why? West, Rubio and Scott are our new trifecta here...their side.

So, here's my question: Even if a "tea party" guy was all riled up and anti-American-like despite favorable election results based on his supposed potion, why go after schools? Wouldn't you go after city hall or a congressman's office? I mean, why would a violent, radicalized crazy go after kids???? Aside from being cold and heartless, what does that prove/solve?

Also, if there's something strange about Pembroke Pines (south/southwest county), why would towns 20 miles away be affected (it's county wide "ALERT")

edit on 10-11-2010 by Sphota because: Citing source

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Because of this incident, radio talk show host Joyce Kaufman has announced that she will not accept the position of chief of staff to newly elected tea party congressman Alan West. The linking of free speech by a tea party activist to an act of terrorist violence is probably some kind of covert op. You'll notice they haven't caught the perp yet, despite an email and a phone call which left an electronic trail.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

I actually heard Randi Rhodes discussing this before the incident.

She was saying that despite Alan West having promised a position to the radio anouncer, she would most likely not be "confirmable."

At any rate, Alan West - as my representative to congress - alarms me. Between him, Scott and Rubio, I'd say I got a trifecta.

join