It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UVB-76 Started up again?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Last time I heard about UVB-76 was when it was supposedly taken off the air. I was browsing the paranormal section of 4chan today when I came across a post talking about UVB-76 and what people claimed that they thought they were hearing. (I'm not going to relay that stuff, because I know the majority of people on 4chan are liars and mischievous guys trying to freak others out)

I started listening for myself to see what sort of truth there was in this, and the station actually is back on!

A few minutes ago I heard a woman talking in the background, and immediately after that there was a bit of beeping that sounded like morse code.

Now it's just back to the buzzing.

uvb-76.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I heard someone either talking or music just a bit ago.
sounds like there's a mic stuck in the on position.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Someone captured 10+ minutes of voice discussions, etc.
So far I have not found a translation anywhere.
Someone here speak Russian???

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Can someone explain what UVB-76 is and where it is being transmitted from? Why is there Russian speakers? Kind of intimidating...

I read the Wiki and there's really no information on it, is this outside of the States? Anyone speak Russian for a translation?

Recorded 11/11/2010

edit on 13-11-2010 by Clisen33 because: (no reason given)

Kind of odd with all these abnormal amount of "UFOs" going on in the states and this station coming up?[

I did a bit of research and this station is in Povarovo, Russia? Man I was getting all freaked out because I assumed it was somewhere in the States or something stupid like that lol. Still fascinating though, I love stuff like this.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Yes it's on and it didn't start up again, it's just that a lot of people need to learn about and understand propagation. HF propagation is critically affected by both the long term solar cycle and also immediate events. The signal never stopped transmitting, conditions simply did not allow for it to be heard.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

Yeah I've been reading up on this since I discovered this thread, I understand what you're saying. Still pretty creepy though since apparently the Russian government doesn't know anything about it or is denying it? That's a lot of audible conversation on the youtube vid, would be really cool if someone could translate it.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
OK I was able to get someone to translate, here is what the person translated in order. Also included is the translator's opinion on what it all means and who is responsible. Forgot to add, some of the speech was hard to understand, so not all of it was translated.

---
In the beginning, not sure which voice but someone had said that -something- "disappeared by the volcano"

Main speaker is then asking for someone in charge, but he is busy.

Can't get to the person in charge, so he's being yelled at.

Main guy is calling for a mechanic.

And from then on, the female is trying to call someone and keeps saying "Volcano, Volcano".

---

The translator's opinion is that these people are most likely military related. The translator also said that they either lost something and were trying to find it, or whatever was called "Volcano" disappeared and were trying to find it.

What do you guys think it all means? This is very exciting stuff.

Info on UVB-76: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
No one is interested as to what was translated? This is sad, we have threads with ridiculous "UFOs" that have 50+ pages. Yet, this thread has something real with something intriguing but no one wants to give their insight on it?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
No one is interested as to what was translated? This is sad, we have threads with ridiculous "UFOs" that have 50+ pages. Yet, this thread has something real with something intriguing but no one wants to give their insight on it?

I would love to see a TOTAL translation i.e. subtitle that Youtube video with the whole text.

From what I understand and have read, this thing has been transmitting nothing but a buzzer noise for over 20 years. Only in the last half of 2010 has there been any voice transmissions. And until this transmission those have been only a series of codes and numbers. This thing has been an enigma for over two decades, and finally what sounds like a lengthy voice transmission that may give some indication of its' purpose.

Someone please do a full translation and post it.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

I can try and get another translator, but from what the last one told me is that it's hard to understand them. I'm extremely fascinated as you are by this, I mean there hasn't been anything other than the 25 beeps per minute and one long tone at the minute before the hour - since 1982! There has only been a few other recorded vocal transmissions and all of them were the same type of cryptic broadcast, until the 11th.

I really wish someone could translate more...

Disappeared by the volcano? Calling for a mechanic? Something lost?

I think that "Volcano" could be a call sign or a codename for some type of vehicle.
edit on 15-11-2010 by Clisen33 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join