It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush going crazy, Aides say

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The link provided goes to a SECOND HAND (i.e. hearsay) source to "quote" the President....

Where is there direct attribution of this "quote" to the President....or is the only evidence second hand?

Second hand hearsay is a good enough medical judgment for me to agree that bush is crazy tho....NOT!

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Relentless, someone already provided the source and quote. Why should I provide it again? Isn't there a rule about things like that?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
No one ever disputed Bush was no brain surgeon, even before the 2000 Election, but it sounds like he has turned into a ranting religious wacko. These religious freaks always worry me, because they think "the End Times are Near" and then they have the nuclear button. They can make it Presidentially imposed prophesy. Pat Robertson said the world would end in 1982.

PLEASE WAKE UP AMERICA!

(Note: if that doesn't happen, party like hell, cause the end for us may actually be near.)

INCASE OF EMERGENCY: Crank the tunes and pump the booze.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Relentless, someone already provided the source and quote. Why should I provide it again? Isn't there a rule about things like that?

And someone already pointed out this is not a source, it is heresay, (but I will say it again).

I could say any crazy thing about you, a reporter could put it into quotes, print it, and all that means is I said it. IT DOESN'T MAKE IT TRUTH! It doesn't prove your opinion. If you want to believe Bush is crazy, you are entitled to that opinion. I would just like to see someone back it up with a fact.

(Don't think that's too much to ask in the quest of Denying Ignorance)

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Even if it weren't hearsay, it's not surprising to hear a president refer to God in some fashion, either in prayer, as a request for a blessing for the nation, as a request for protection of the nation, etc. Frequently, world leaders have relied on knowledge, either spiritual or supernatural, to assist them in decision making. If he did say it, then it would be based on the following:

According to biblical prophecy, the end of the world will be characterized by the islamic nations of the middle east and Africa, a few european nations, parts of southern Russia and China, all coming against Israel and the "camps of the saints" in an end time war, in which the gathered company will be annihilated in fiery devastation. As long as Israel still stands, as long as some nation with enough muscle is able to assist in protecting it, the end has not arrived. The minute we stop protecting Israel, the end will be not long after. For this reason, some of the modern day American presidents have seen it as their responsibility to provide Israel with support and protection, such as it is. If we back off and allow Israel's enemies (which are many) to have their way, say goodbye to planet Earth, as we will all hurl each other into a million years of nuclear winter. Remember Masada. These guys aren't kidding around. If left unsupported and unprotected, Israel's enemies would move in for the kill and Israel would retaliate with nukes if necessary and it would escalate rapidly from there. Israel is that proverbial red button that you hear tell about. If anyone pushes it, that's all she wrote.

As some mentioned not long ago, the nuclear weapons owned by the super powers of the world, are much worse today than those dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Today, a nuke dropped on Scotland would melt the gold cross on the top of St. Paul's Cathedral in London. That's just one nuke. They have nukes today, that can not only devastate literally hundreds of miles of land, but the more advanced ones kill all carbon-based lifeforms but leave the buildings intact.

So to make a long story short, if a president claims God told him to do this or that in regards to the Middle East, you can bet your bottom dollar he has a very good reason for saying so. Even if you removed "God" from the situation, common sense would dictate than any move to destroy Israel on the part of their enemies would literally be the end of the world. Right now, the US is on the islamic terrorists enemies list because they disagree with US protection and support of Israel and view it as anti-arabism. This couldn't be farther from the truth, as any christian president or president who understands the mindset of the Israelis these days, would know, that place is a powder keg and the islamic fundamentalists are the fuse. The US is an unlit match - we keep it immersed in water, but the moment we walk away from the plight of Israel, we will have essentially lit the fuse.

Now, this may not be Bush's reasoning at all, but if you ask any history professor about the middle east, they will tell you it's a powder keg just waiting to go off and Israel is the center of it.

[edit on 2-7-2004 by Undomiel]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join